US Politics

Rich

you don't have Nixon   Madison cawthorne  to kick around any more, because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference."

Not as much teflon as I thought.

republican backroom operation " get cawthorne" completed. Appears They are good at some things.

overheard in Republican strategy meeting today:

"Where, and when is the celebration orgy; I got the coke, who brings the underage girls?"

Edited by Mark F

17 hours ago, bustamente said:

Maybe the DOJ is waking up maybe they are just making it look like they have woken up

I have absolutely no faith in this legal system based on their track record. History tells us this is their 'due diligence, covering all areas' but then will come out with 'results were quite inconclusive, need more information', a bit of finger wagging and a few low level arrests and back to the sideline they go. It's a joke and when I say it's a joke its not based on theory. They are our last line of defense against insanity and I'm not seeing anything that gives one confidence.

I hope I'm completely wrong on this, I didn't show enough patience and missed tons of complexity in how slow they react to illegal insane behaviour.  

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

few low level arrests

Im with you.

Article says

"Several months ago, the department quietly detailed a veteran federal prosecutor from Maryland, Thomas Windom, to the department’s headquarters. He is overseeing the politically fraught question of whether a case can be made related to other efforts to overturn the election, aside from the storming of the Capitol. That task could move the investigation closer to Mr. Trump and his inner circle."

"several months ago" 😂 too busy going after the yahoos that wre stupid enough to do as told by trump.

"Politically fraught"  thought it was a criminal investigation. Guess not.

Democrats ascared. As usual. 

dont want to irritate all 37 trump voters who  might vote D next time.

just like when al gore conceded to george bush,  before votes were counted, for the good of the country. Turned out, Al actually won when all votes were counted.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Republicans have their own Jeff Bezos.

I should think that his fiasco regarding Twitter has affected the value of his holdings by several billion dollars. I am beginning to suspect all that ganja he has been smoking is beginning to affect his thinking.

14 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I should think that his fiasco regarding Twitter has affected the value of his holdings by several billion dollars. I am beginning to suspect all that ganja he has been smoking is beginning to affect his thinking.

He's a narcissist and bully. Always has been. Now he's trying to bust up unions. 

Nothing to do with weed. 

This is the same guy that had a full meltdown on someoen trying to rescue people trapped in a cave. He accussed him of being a pedophile because he wouldn't use Musk's dangerous plan to rescue them. 

Buffalo shooter let some people see plans just before attack

Shortly before he opened fire, the white gunman accused of killing 10 Black people at a Buffalo, New York, supermarket allowed a small group of people to see his detailed plans for the attack, which he had been chronicling for months in a private, online diary.

Discord, the chat platform where 18-year-old Payton Gendron kept the diary, confirmed Wednesday that an invitation to access his private writings was sent to the group about a half-hour before Saturday’s attack at Tops Friendly Market, which he live-streamed on another online service. Some of them accepted.

Gendron’s diary and its racist, anti-Semitic entries dated to last November included step-by-step descriptions of his assault plans, a detailed account of a reconnaissance trip he made to Buffalo in March, and maps of the store that he drew by hand.

“What we know at this time is that a private, invite-only server was created by the suspect to serve as a personal diary chat log,” a Discord spokesperson said in a written statement. “Approximately 30 minutes prior to the attack, however, a small group of people were invited to and joined the server. Before that, our records indicate no other people saw the diary chat log in this private server.”

It wasn’t clear if any of the people who accessed Gendron’s diary or saw his livestream did anything to alert the authorities or attempt to stop the attack. Discord said it removed Gendron’s diary as soon as the platform became aware of it, in accordance with the company’s policies against violent extremism.

Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said Monday that investigators were working to obtain, verify and review Gendron’s online postings.

Copies of his Discord diary — essentially a transcript of his postings to his private chat log — briefly surfaced elsewhere online after the shooting, along with a 180-page screed attributed to him. Both were laced with white supremacist beliefs echoing a baseless extremist conspiracy theory about a plot to diminish the influence of white people.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/buffalo-shooter-payton-gendron-let-a-small-group-view-his-plans-on-discord-30-minutes-before-attack?ref=home

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Give him his props. He kinda noticed and made fun of himself a bit 

It might be funny if it didn't involve 100,000s of dead people for no damn reason except to continue the mirage that is American excellence. 

It might be funny if it didn't result in the rape and torture of innocent people. Or the increase rate of suicide among those he sent to fight in a unjust invasion. 

It might even be funny if he decided to take care of even a portion of those people who were negatively impacted by his war crimes.

But yeah I guess he laughed a bit so we should give one of the worst war criminals a live a break.

If you haven't figured it out yet. I hope that man dies a painful death.

13 hours ago, Babycakes said:

Uhm, yeah- oops...

His Freudian slip showed.

Fetus-powered street lamps? Republicans ramp up outrageous anti-abortion lies ahead of Roe's demise

It was only one half-hour into Wednesday's congressional hearing on abortion access when it became clear that the Republican contributions to the day would be loonier than a QAnon message board.

"In places like Washington D.C.,  fetuses are "burned to power the light's of the city's homes and streets," claimed Catherine Glenn Foster, who had, just minutes before, sworn not to lie under oath. The GOP-summoned witness let loose the wild and utterly false accusation that municipal electrical companies are powered by incinerated fetuses. 

"The next time you turn on the light, think of the incinerators," she said, apparently repeating a misleading talking point from the same anti-choice activists caught stashing fetuses at home. Everything on the right is psychological projection. 

https://www.salon.com/2022/05/19/fetus-powered-street-lamps-ramp-up-outrageous-anti-abortion-lies-ahead-of-roes-demise/

35 minutes ago, Tracker said:

His Freudian slip showed.

Fetus-powered street lamps? Republicans ramp up outrageous anti-abortion lies ahead of Roe's demise

It was only one half-hour into Wednesday's congressional hearing on abortion access when it became clear that the Republican contributions to the day would be loonier than a QAnon message board.

"In places like Washington D.C.,  fetuses are "burned to power the light's of the city's homes and streets," claimed Catherine Glenn Foster, who had, just minutes before, sworn not to lie under oath. The GOP-summoned witness let loose the wild and utterly false accusation that municipal electrical companies are powered by incinerated fetuses. 

"The next time you turn on the light, think of the incinerators," she said, apparently repeating a misleading talking point from the same anti-choice activists caught stashing fetuses at home. Everything on the right is psychological projection. 

https://www.salon.com/2022/05/19/fetus-powered-street-lamps-ramp-up-outrageous-anti-abortion-lies-ahead-of-roes-demise/

'I don't agree with what you say but I'll defend your right to say it' is sometimes the least smartest thing to say. (see incinerator example above).

The 1/6 Committee Has Evidence Of GOP Guided Tours Before Capitol Attack
The 1/6 Committee wrote to Rep. Loudermilk:

We write to seek your voluntary cooperation in advancing our investigation. Based on our review of evidence in the Select Committee’s possession, we believe you have information regarding a tour you led through parts of the Capitol complex on January 5, 2021.

The foregoing information raises questions to which the Select Committee must seek answers. Public reporting and witness accounts indicate some individuals and groups engaged in efforts to gather information about the layout of the U.S. Capitol, as well as the House and Senate office buildings, in advance of January 6, 2021. For example, in the week following January 6th, Members urged law enforcement leaders to investigate sightings of “outside groups in the complex” on January 5th that “appeared to be associated with the rally at the White House the following day.”