US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Cratering!!!!!!! CRATERING!!

It hasn't changed in 6 months. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

The fall in ratings was predicted. The GOP and some of hid own party are sabotaging Biden at every turn and big business is overtly hostile to any change on the status quo. On top of that, Faux News is spreading lie after lie and the rabid right-wing has allied itself with neo-Nazis, fundamentalist churches to disseminated the same BS. To me, it seems that Putin's agenda to make Americans distrustful and cynical about their political system has worked incredibly well. The core message of all these is what our current premier recently said: you're on your own. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

The fall in ratings was predicted.

"As Common Dreams reported in March, voters in their late teens, 20s, and 30s have been clear in their demands for bold climate action, calling on Biden to declare a National Climate Emergency—which would empower him to allocate federal resources specifically to the issue—and to create millions of sustainable jobs while addressing the climate crisis by passing a Green New Deal.

Biden, however, has responded by approving oil and gas drilling permits at a faster rate than former Republican President Donald Trump and refusing to ban crude oil exports.

Kate Aronoff of The Nation tweeted Monday there there is "probably a decent amount of young people not all that pleased to see the administration sucking up to fossil fuel executives as the Earth rapidly loses its capacities to maintain life."

democrats dont really seem to care much about being in power. If they did, they would do something for the people that vote for them. 

also... pressure is off when they are minority, or have a manchin to rely on.this is why they put their money into conservative candidates, and oppose, with money, those that actually want change.

They are the "we tried" party.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

"As Common Dreams reported in March, voters in their late teens, 20s, and 30s have been clear in their demands for bold climate action, calling on Biden to declare a National Climate Emergency—which would empower him to allocate federal resources specifically to the issue—and to create millions of sustainable jobs while addressing the climate crisis by passing a Green New Deal.

Biden, however, has responded by approving oil and gas drilling permits at a faster rate than former Republican President Donald Trump and refusing to ban crude oil exports.

Kate Aronoff of The Nation tweeted Monday there there is "probably a decent amount of young people not all that pleased to see the administration sucking up to fossil fuel executives as the Earth rapidly loses its capacities to maintain life."

democrats dont really seem to care much about being in power. If they did, they would do something for the people that vote for them. 

also... pressure is off when they are minority, or have a manchin to rely on.this is why they put their money into conservative candidates, and oppose, with money, those that actually want change.

They are the "we tried" party.

this is the problem with the democrats. You have 2 different groups that vote for you and both are different. Biden was the status quo pick, which pisses off a significant and growing part of their support. 

GOP Demagogue Indicted Over 2020 ‘Voter Fraud’ Violence

-Reuters
Far-right demagogue Steven Hotze, a Texas medical doctor who has made a career out of persecuting the LGBTQ community and pushing QAnon-fueled conspiracy theories about the 2020 election being stolen, has been indicted on charges of unlawful restraint and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, stemming from his privately funded “investigation” into phony claims of voter fraud, according to his lawyer. News of the indictment was first reported by Fox 26 reporter Greg Groogan and confirmed by the Houston Chronicle.

The incident in question occurred in October 2020, when a former Houston police captain hired by Hotze allegedly became fixated on the idea that a local air conditioning repairman supposedly in cahoots with corrupt Democrats was hiding hundreds of thousands of ballots in the back of his truck to sink Donald Trump’s chances of winning. After ramming the repairman’s vehicle and ordering him to the ground at gunpoint, Aguirre reportedly found no ballots but only air conditioning parts and tools.

Aguirre, who was indicted last year on one charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, has now been reindicted on the same charges as Hotze, who spearheaded the fruitless voting probe but was not there at the time of the alleged assault, his attorney told the Chronicle.

anyone on either side of the political spectrum would have my respect for calling out Trump every time he says the election was stolen from him (dude you stole four years from America) however I still don't like Piers Morgan (mostly coming from his time on AGT)

https://deadline.com/2022/04/piers-morgan-donald-trump-interview-uncensored-promo-video-1235006813/

10 hours ago, JCon said:

That is some crazy dark stuff. These people are efin insane. And PP is bringing that here!!

Jd vance.... wrote a best selling book after trump won, explaining all about  the poor, downtrodden, misunderstood white people that voted for trump.  How tough it is for them. Why they voted truml.  Vance was Hero to some stupid progressives for a few years, when they thought we just need to "reach out" to those poor folk.

now.... running for office. Full maga.

insurrection, is now mainstream on the right. Trumps gift.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Jd vance.... wrote a best selling book after trump won, explaining all about  the poor, downtrodden, misunderstood white people that voted for trump.  How tough it is for them. Why they voted truml.  Vance was Hero to some stupid progressives for a few years, when they thought we just need to "reach out" to those poor folk.

now.... running for office. Full maga.

insurrection, is now mainstream on the right. Trumps gift.

In plain view. Smoking guns everywhere. 

Sane public outcry scream at the legal system 'Why are they allowed to say and do these things without consequences?!'.

Crickets.

Pardoned traitor Michael Flynn suggests that the West should let Russia overtake Ukraine

Ex-National Security Adviser and retired Army Lieutenant General Michael Flynn said on Wednesday that the United States, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, and the European Union should cease supplying Ukraine with military aid to fend off invading Russian forces.

Flynn, whose deep ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin and the Kremlin ultimately sank his career, appeared on the right-wing propaganda show The Absolute Truth with Emerald Robinson and said that arming Ukraine accomplishes nothing except prolonging the conflict that Putin initiated just shy of two months ago.

"If you listen to Western media, it sounds like Ukraine is holding off Russia. But if you listen to not Western media, it sounds like Russia has the upper hand. So which is it?" Robinson asked Flynn.

"Yeah so first of all let me give you my judgment on sorta where we are right now. I think that anybody that continues to put, ya know, fuel on a blazing fire – meaning more weapons, more ammunition, more of the sorta warfare type stuff that's thrown into this fire – is going to keep this fire blazing for a long, long time," Flynn replied, adding that "I think that doesn't benefit anybody."

https://www.alternet.org/2022/04/michael-flynn-russia-overtake-ukraine/

9 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Pardoned traitor Michael Flynn suggests that the West should let Russia overtake Ukraine

Ex-National Security Adviser and retired Army Lieutenant General Michael Flynn said on Wednesday that the United States, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, and the European Union should cease supplying Ukraine with military aid to fend off invading Russian forces.

Flynn, whose deep ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin and the Kremlin ultimately sank his career, appeared on the right-wing propaganda show The Absolute Truth with Emerald Robinson and said that arming Ukraine accomplishes nothing except prolonging the conflict that Putin initiated just shy of two months ago.

"If you listen to Western media, it sounds like Ukraine is holding off Russia. But if you listen to not Western media, it sounds like Russia has the upper hand. So which is it?" Robinson asked Flynn.

"Yeah so first of all let me give you my judgment on sorta where we are right now. I think that anybody that continues to put, ya know, fuel on a blazing fire – meaning more weapons, more ammunition, more of the sorta warfare type stuff that's thrown into this fire – is going to keep this fire blazing for a long, long time," Flynn replied, adding that "I think that doesn't benefit anybody."

https://www.alternet.org/2022/04/michael-flynn-russia-overtake-ukraine/

Man there are so many people around Washington that are completely on the books for Russia it's not even funny. 

What the west really ought to do is step in and put a boot so far up Putins ass he never even looks at another country again... but that's not advantageous because he's insane and likely to start throwing nuclear weapons around. 

It’s so f’ing predictable that people like PP and his handlers steal the handbook used by Trump and his handlers, modify it a bit, to try to win an election even tho he’s not officially party leader yet.  I’m sure they have ‘the election was stolen’ strategy ready to go when needed.

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Man there are so many people around Washington that are completely on the books for Russia it's not even funny. 

What the west really ought to do is step in and put a boot so far up Putins ass he never even looks at another country again... but that's not advantageous because he's insane and likely to start throwing nuclear weapons around.

after the colossal fuckup of the Iraq War I was so done with American militarism, with the way the USA fetishizes soldiers and weapons and their belief that somehow their bombs explode softer and gentlerbecause they come from the land of righteous christian freedom-loving.

but man I would love to see NATO air power fully unleashed on those Russian mechanized columns.  It would be over in an afternoon.  Ukraine's highways would be bonfires.

then, of course, a bunch of cities would also become bonfires, so it's better they don't.

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

after the colossal fuckup of the Iraq War I was so done with American militarism, with the way the USA fetishizes soldiers and weapons and their belief that somehow their bombs explode softer and gentlerbecause they come from the land of righteous christian freedom-loving.

but man I would love to see NATO air power fully unleashed on those Russian mechanized columns.  It would be over in an afternoon.  Ukraine's highways would be bonfires.

then, of course, a bunch of cities would also become bonfires, so it's better they don't.

And therein lies the problem. 

24 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Say something, deny saying it, tape of you saying it, continue to deny having said it. Todays politicians where proof wont stop you from lying.

Actually they don't even deny saying it, they just don't address it after the fact.

The cycle is they just spew lies everywhere they go, they know it will be fact checked but it don't matter damage done, ie knuckle draggers lapping it up right behind them like thirsty rabid dogs parting with the few bucks they have to donate to these liars then providing links to these lies on their social media accounts writing their prose on how stupid WOKE people are and how good and moral they are.

It's a perfect grift.