US Politics

Rich

huffpost

"For years, conspiracy theorist and disinformation peddler Alex Jones has told his supporters that the only thing keeping his media empire afloat is their financial backing.

“As much begging as I do, we can barely pay the bills,” Jones told a caller on Thursday during a segment on his radio show promoting the Infowars store. “I’m not going to stop growth and let them push us backwards. I need your help, Frank. I need your help!”

Despite his pleas for money, Infowars’ store ― where Jones sells an amalgamation of dietary supplements and survival gear ― made $165 million in sales from September 2015 to the end of 2018, according to court filings related to a lawsuit Jones recently lost over his lies about the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre. 

no surprise.... a Trump supporter.

Edited by Mark F

Imagine the career this man has had and now, dealing with the pandemic, has to answer some of the dumbest questions by asshat politicians who have fallen for misinformation and conspiracy theories.

Which is to say nothing about Fauci and his family getting death threats from MAGAt nutbars and harassed by covidiots.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Imagine the career this man has had and now, dealing with the pandemic, has to answer some of the dumbest questions by asshat politicians who have fallen for misinformation and conspiracy theories.

Which is to say nothing about Fauci and his family getting death threats from MAGAt nutbars and harassed by covidiots.

Rand and his abettors are profiting handsomely by supplying some apparent credibility to anti-vaxxers who are desperate and will pay for any kind of validation.

QAnon cultists wonder if John Lennon and Tupac will appear with JFK at Trump’s Arizona rally: report

Supporters of the QAnon cult are converging on Arizona ahead of Donald Trump's scheduled Saturday campaign rally, according to a new report.

"Former President Donald Trump will hold his first rally of 2022 in Arizona on Saturday and it’s set to be packed with QAnon folks, both on stage and in the crowd," Vice reported Wednesday.

Arizona state Rep. Mark Finchem, who is running for Secretary of State, will address the audience as a "special guest speaker."

Vice reported Finchem has "repeatedly shared QAnon conspiracies on social media and on QAnon-friendly podcasts and media platforms, and last year he headlined a major QAnon conference in Las Vegas. Joining Finchem on stage will be uber conspiracy theorist and pillow salesman Mike Lindell, who is so deeply enmeshed with the QAnon community at this point that it’s hard to separate his personal conspiracy theories about stolen elections from those spread by QAnon."

Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake is also scheduled to speak. Lake was photographed dining with Ron Watkins, who many believe is the mysterious "Q" behind the conspiracy theory. Watkins is running for Congress and his father, 8kun owner Jim Watkins, posted a video showing his excitement for the rally.

Also expected to attend is Michael Protzman, who has spent months in Dallas awaiting the return of John F. Kennedy and his son, JFK, Jr.

"Protzman announced on one of his many live audio chats that his group is traveling to the Arizona rally, and he made vague predictions about what might happen on the day, including yet another possible appearance by JFK," Vice reported. "In an audio chat on Tuesday, with over 1,000 people listening, Protzman once again claimed that President Joe Biden was never inaugurated and hasn’t been living and working in the White House but rather is actually part of a movie being filmed on a set in Culver City, California."

Expectations are high for some QAnon cultists.

QAnon cultists wonder if John Lennon and Tupac will appear with JFK at Trump’s Arizona rally: report - Alternet.org

Mike Lindell says he has 'enough evidence' to put '300 million' Americans in jail for election fraud

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell argued this week that "300 million" Americans belong in jail for election fraud.

Lindell's remarks on Real America's Voice were first reported by Right Wing Watch.

"Everything you're going to see over these next seven months to get rid of the [voting] machines," he said. "You're going to see the Supreme Court case coming out. All these great things, everybody."

Lindell insisted that he has the "pieces of the puzzle" to prove the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Donald Trump.

"And you talk about evidence," Lindell added. "We have enough evidence to put everybody in prison for life, 300 and some million people. We have that all the way back to November and December."

Despite his claim, Lindell did not reveal evidence that could put all Americans in jail.

Mike Lindell says he has 'enough evidence' to put '300 million' Americans in jail for election fraud - Alternet.org

It's time someone take one of his pillows and put him out of his misery. 

Of all the bonkers stuff he pushes, the Supreme Court stuff is the most easily debunked. No one can present to the Supreme Court until it goes through the lower circuits. 

The thing I don't understand is that he seems to be doing the backwards grift, where he is spending his own time and money to do this. 

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Mike Lindell says he has 'enough evidence' to put '300 million' Americans in jail for election fraud

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell argued this week that "300 million" Americans belong in jail for election fraud.

Lindell's remarks on Real America's Voice were first reported by Right Wing Watch.

"Everything you're going to see over these next seven months to get rid of the [voting] machines," he said. "You're going to see the Supreme Court case coming out. All these great things, everybody."

Lindell insisted that he has the "pieces of the puzzle" to prove the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Donald Trump.

"And you talk about evidence," Lindell added. "We have enough evidence to put everybody in prison for life, 300 and some million people. We have that all the way back to November and December."

Despite his claim, Lindell did not reveal evidence that could put all Americans in jail.

Mike Lindell says he has 'enough evidence' to put '300 million' Americans in jail for election fraud - Alternet.org

Again Lindell is seeing this first and foremost as a business opportunity to grift people as crazy or more crazy then him. Him and others are playing the system because they can. It’s as simple as that, everything else is secondary whether you are a elected official, business person, entertainer, influencer, advocate, athlete etc etc etc. follow the money, supply and demand. Capitalism at its finest.

17 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Again Lindell is seeing this first and foremost as a business opportunity to grift people as crazy or more crazy then him. Him and others are playing the system because they can. It’s as simple as that, everything else is secondary whether you are a elected official, business person, entertainer, influencer, advocate, athlete etc etc etc. follow the money, supply and demand. Capitalism at its finest.

I believe it was Sam Clemens who said that no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of Americans.

Marjorie Taylor Greene suggests using 'Second Amendment rights' against Democrats

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., on Tuesday suggested using "Second Amendment rights" to fight Democrats while defending her proposal for a "national divorce" akin to the Southern states' secession of the 1860s.

"Ultimately the truth is it's our Second Amendment rights, our right to bear arms, that protects Americans and give us the ability to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government," Greene said in a podcast interview with former Trump aide Sebastian Gorka, while discussing Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams' calls for stricter gun regulations. "And I hate to use this language but Democrats, they're exactly — they're doing exactly what our founders talked about when they gave us the precious rights that we have."

Greene, who has repeatedly proposed a "national divorce" between red and blue states, quickly defended her comment.

"No one wants violence and I say all the time I am not a violent person," she told Gorka. "I hope to never see a civil war in this country and that's why you hear me toss around 'national divorce.' The federal government has grown so big and the Democrats are willing to use the power of the federal government, that it really violates people's rights."

Marjorie Taylor Greene suggests using 'Second Amendment rights' against Democrats - Alternet.org

12 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene suggests using 'Second Amendment rights' against Democrats

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., on Tuesday suggested using "Second Amendment rights" to fight Democrats while defending her proposal for a "national divorce" akin to the Southern states' secession of the 1860s.

"Ultimately the truth is it's our Second Amendment rights, our right to bear arms, that protects Americans and give us the ability to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government," Greene said in a podcast interview with former Trump aide Sebastian Gorka, while discussing Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams' calls for stricter gun regulations. "And I hate to use this language but Democrats, they're exactly — they're doing exactly what our founders talked about when they gave us the precious rights that we have."

Greene, who has repeatedly proposed a "national divorce" between red and blue states, quickly defended her comment.

"No one wants violence and I say all the time I am not a violent person," she told Gorka. "I hope to never see a civil war in this country and that's why you hear me toss around 'national divorce.' The federal government has grown so big and the Democrats are willing to use the power of the federal government, that it really violates people's rights."

Marjorie Taylor Greene suggests using 'Second Amendment rights' against Democrats - Alternet.org

She knows that she's in government, right? 

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

She knows that she's in government, right? 

She would not appreciate you pointing that out to her. She is preaching to the choir.

38 minutes ago, JCon said:

Possibly the best humorist the US has produced.  

And such a virulent critic of organized religion that his family suppressed much of his writings until well after he died, fearing that he would be attacked and possibly killed. Sound familiar?

1 hour ago, JCon said:

It's time someone take one of his pillows and put him out of his misery. 

Of all the bonkers stuff he pushes, the Supreme Court stuff is the most easily debunked. No one can present to the Supreme Court until it goes through the lower circuits. 

The thing I don't understand is that he seems to be doing the backwards grift, where he is spending his own time and money to do this. 

I may be wrong, but I think the federal government can ask for an expedited hearing by the SCOTUS under some conditions.