US Politics

Rich

9 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Which version?

Any of them 

But the main point of any Bible is 

Don't be a ****  OR Richard?? Since my male genital region is a bad word on this part of the internets

So.. 1000 metaphors or not... the message is still 

DONT BE A **** 

Lots of holes in that book 

Lots of fantasy stuff 

But it's crazy cuz I really liked Cat in the Hat when I was younger but I know the Cat wasn't real. 

Edited by Goalie

I don't wanna start on the problem with the American ppl.. it's so deep and involves so much corruption and so much petty bullshit and just so far gone from what they perhaps used to stand for. I'm curious when it all kinda began tho.. 

I was thinking bout it the other day..  did 9 11 change America? And yes.. it started the downfall really.. ppl were scared frightened running "terrorized" 

A new softer America now exists and it started on 9 11. 

But the corruption started long before and the problem is the American population is dumb and a large percentage of them think well monster trucks Nascar wrestling fast food 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I don't wanna start on the problem with the American ppl.. it's so deep and involves so much corruption and so much petty bullshit and just so far gone from what they perhaps used to stand for. I'm curious when it all kinda began tho.. 

I was thinking bout it the other day..  did 9 11 change America? And yes.. it started the downfall really.. ppl were scared frightened running "terrorized" 

A new softer America now exists and it started on 9 11. 

But the corruption started long before and the problem is the American population is dumb and a large percentage of them think well monster trucks Nascar wrestling fast food 

It's way back in this thread, but I firmly believe that the most recent slide began with Reagan telling Americans that they can't trust government and then winning the Presidency.

9/11 – THE MOTHER OF ALL COINCIDENCES
by Eric Margolis |
The following article was originally published on September 10, 2010

“America’s strategic and economic interests in the Mideast and Muslim world are being threatened by the agony in Palestine, which inevitably invites terrorist attacks against US citizens and property.”

Eric Margolis. Sun Media. 2 September, 2001.

NEW YORK – Ever since 9/11, readers keep asking me my views on these attacks. I have been barraged with emails until my head spins with engineering studies about melting steel, controlled explosions, claims about nefarious plots, and wreckage analysis.

9/11 – THE MOTHER OF ALL COINCIDENCES « Eric Margolis

( An edifying and scary read from an unbiased, informed author)

9/11 – THE MOTHER OF ALL COINCIDENCES
by Eric Margolis |
The following article was originally published on September 10, 2010

“America’s strategic and economic interests in the Mideast and Muslim world are being threatened by the agony in Palestine, which inevitably invites terrorist attacks against US citizens and property.”

Eric Margolis. Sun Media. 2 September, 2001.

NEW YORK – Ever since 9/11, readers keep asking me my views on these attacks. I have been barraged with emails until my head spins with engineering studies about melting steel, controlled explosions, claims about nefarious plots, and wreckage analysis.

9/11 – THE MOTHER OF ALL COINCIDENCES « Eric Margolis

( An edifying and scary read from an unbiased, informed author)

6 hours ago, Tracker said:

Which version?

it would be nice if christians would stop following the Old testament, which is full of violent acts committed by God.

the flood, for example. drown every human except for two.

maybe Its the violence that appeals to them. 

36 minutes ago, Mark F said:

it would be nice if christians would stop following the Old testament, which is full of violent acts committed by God.

the flood, for example. drown every human except for two.

maybe Its the violence that appeals to them. 

The Old Testament contains passages that can be reasonably read to justify slavery, incest, human sacrifice and genocide.. Beyond that, it has been extensively edited and re-edited to suit the whims of various church leaders and those who controlled them.. It contradicts itself repeatedly and is often at odds with proven history. However, if you look past these, the principles in the New Testament of tolerance, forgiveness compassion and optimism, these are there also. And yes, there is independent historical confirmation of the existence of an itinerant preacher named Yeshua who lived in that era.

Trump Threatened To Withhold Friendship From Pence Over Election Certification: Book

A new book shines fresh light on the final days of the Trump administration, when a top general feared the president had gone into “serious mental decline.”

Donald Trump reportedly pressured Mike Pence to disrupt the official election certification process in his waning days in office by telling the vice president: “I don’t want to be your friend anymore if you don’t do this.” 

The allegation comes from an upcoming book by Washington Post journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa, “Peril,” which is based on more than 200 interviews with people who worked in and around the former administration. CNN and The Washington Post received advance copies.

Although Pence ultimately did not move to stop the proceedings, “Peril” claims that he tried finding rationale for acquiescing to Trump’s demands ― and found none. The vice president oversees the congressional certification process, but the role is largely ceremonial. 

Still, Trump allegedly tried to convince Pence to overturn the results by asking, “Wouldn’t it be almost cool to have that power?” 

Per the book, Pence replied, “No. I’ve done everything I could and then some to find a way around this. It’s simply not possible.”

Trump then became agitated, screaming, “No!” 

“You don’t understand, Mike. You can do this. I don’t want to be your friend anymore if you don’t do this,” he said, according to the book.

Trump Threatened To Withhold Friendship From Pence Over Election Certification: Book | HuffPost

It Took a Near Coup From the Military to Stop Trump’s Coup

-Reuters
If Biden and the Democrats don’t get it together, the next assault on our democracy will be even uglier and there may not be a next time after that.  The revelation that it took a military intervention from the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to avert a soft coup by President Trump should terrify you.

According to excerpts from Bob Woodward and Robert Costa’s forthcoming book, Peril, General Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, “was certain that Trump had gone into a serious mental decline in the aftermath of the election” and agreed with Nancy Pelosi’s assertion that he was “crazy.” So as Trump raged about how the election had supposedly been “stolen” from him, Milley single-handedly called a top-secret meeting of senior military officials in the Pentagon’s war room to deter Trump from launching nuclear weapons or a military strike.

That’s a stark reminder of the perilous state of our democracy, where the GOP has become so beholden to a nihilistic death cult indulging in conspiracy theories and violent insurrections that one of our few remaining guardrails was a potential military coup. I agree with Alexander Vindman, the former National Security Council and White House staffer fired by Trump, that this is an “extremely dangerous precedent” because Milley “violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military.”

It Took a Near Coup From the Military to Stop Trump’s Coup (thedailybeast.com)

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

It Took a Near Coup From the Military to Stop Trump’s Coup

-Reuters
If Biden and the Democrats don’t get it together, the next assault on our democracy will be even uglier and there may not be a next time after that.  The revelation that it took a military intervention from the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to avert a soft coup by President Trump should terrify you.

According to excerpts from Bob Woodward and Robert Costa’s forthcoming book, Peril, General Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, “was certain that Trump had gone into a serious mental decline in the aftermath of the election” and agreed with Nancy Pelosi’s assertion that he was “crazy.” So as Trump raged about how the election had supposedly been “stolen” from him, Milley single-handedly called a top-secret meeting of senior military officials in the Pentagon’s war room to deter Trump from launching nuclear weapons or a military strike.

That’s a stark reminder of the perilous state of our democracy, where the GOP has become so beholden to a nihilistic death cult indulging in conspiracy theories and violent insurrections that one of our few remaining guardrails was a potential military coup. I agree with Alexander Vindman, the former National Security Council and White House staffer fired by Trump, that this is an “extremely dangerous precedent” because Milley “violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military.”

It Took a Near Coup From the Military to Stop Trump’s Coup (thedailybeast.com)

If you dance on a tight rope enough times , sooner or later you fall. It's going to happen if they don't stop the silliness. And when it does things won't be silly at all. It will be downright ugly, perhaps for more than the USA.

Capitol Police officer reported by friend 'of 40 years' after disclosing lawmakers’ secret location to rioters on Jan. 6

A U.S. Capitol Police officer has been accused of disclosing the location he evacuated lawmakers to during the January 6th insurrection on the U.S. Capitol.

According to The Miami Herald, a special agent for USCP's Protective Services Bureau is now facing accusations of improper dissemination of information.

The officer reportedly held a conversation with a friend just one week after the riots. During the conversation, he allegedly revealed he had disclosed the secure location where he had taken the lawmakers as a safety precaution amid the riots. His friend contacted the FBI Tip Line with details about their call.

The anonymous friend expressed concern about their conversation and the officer's support of former President Donald Trump's election conspiracy theories.

"I don't want to report a friend of forty years but he says enough concerning statements that I feel like I need to do this... he's just fallen into this cult and these beliefs," the documents quoted.

According to the Miami Herald, the agent did not deny sharing information about legislators' whereabouts.

Capitol Police officer reported by friend 'of 40 years' after disclosing lawmakers’ secret location on Jan. 6 - Alternet.org

'They're gonna kill me': MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell launches into a paranoid rant about the government

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell defended his appallingly bad and debunked three-hour election conspiracy theory "documentary" called "Absolute Truth," by saying he was so scared for his life during the Trump presidency that he prayed the federal government did not summarily execute him.

"Yeah, yeah, the 'Absolute Proof,' let me tell you the key part of that," Lindell said. "This is probably the only time where I had a little fear and I had to pray, get on my knees and pray to God. This was 10 days before the impeachment trial. And let me tell you I'm 10 days before, and remember at the time that that was like the towards the end of January, you know the impeachment trials were Tuesday following like the February 8, okay?"

The second Senate impeachment trial of Donald Trump was February 9-13. The House impeached Trump for a second time on January 13 in a 232–197 vote.

"And this was about maybe January 25 or so. I'm sitting there I go, 'Wow, They're gonna impeach him,' and I had word that they were gonna impeach him," Lindell said, presumably meaning "convict," given Trump had already been impeached.

"We were not going to be able to show evidence at that trial," Lindell continued, although it's unclear why he saiod "we" since he was not oin trial and was not legally part of Trump's defense.

He then went on to call the January 6 insurrection, for which well over 600 people have been arrested and charged a "big fake insurgency or whatever that you're against the government."

"And guess who was number one on that list to come and get? Me. And they were coming, I'm going, 'God they're gonna kill me.' You know, they're gonna put me and hang me. And basically is what I'm thinking and at that moment he said, You know, I got to put a documentary, just put the evidence out there and make it."

'They're gonna kill me': MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell launches into a paranoid rant about the government - Alternet.org

A GOP congressman’s retirement due to violent threats is 'a deeply ominous sign’ for US politics’: conservative

Rep. Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio, a conservative Republican and former Ohio State football star who voted to impeach Donald Trump following the January 6 insurrection, has decided not to seek reelection in 2022 — saying that he fears for the safety of his family and that the "toxic dynamics inside our own party" were a "significant factor" in his decision. In an article published by The Bulwark on September 16, Never Trump conservative Tim Miller describes Gonzalez's decision as "an ominous sign for our politics."

"It might be a Trump era cliché to say that 'this is not normal,' but a 36-year-old congressman in his second term doesn't just retire," Miller writes. "That is the start of one's career, not the finish. Moreover, a 36-year-old Republican congressman sure as **** doesn't retire because he is scared Republican voters might hurt his family. That is not normal. At all. It is a flashing siren about just how dangerous the Republican Party has become."

A GOP congressman’s retirement due to violent threats is 'a deeply ominous sign’ for US politics’: conservative - Alternet.org

11 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Delusional Trump still at it, no possible way he wrote this, if he would of written this he would of added that he couldn't be their friend if they didn't overturn the results in their state.

Trump Is Still Begging Georgia Officials To Overturn The 2020 Election.

Former President Donald Trump is still trying to overturn the results of the 2020 election, more than nine months after he lost ― and one day before a planned rally in support of the various people charged for the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

On Friday, the former president sent a letter to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger with more claims of voter fraud ― even though thorough efforts to root out alleged voter fraud in the state, and across the country, have come up empty. The Republican state officials who oversaw the election have repeatedly said that Trump’s claims of widespread fraud in Georgia are false. 

In Friday’s dispatch, Trump cited a post on Georgia Star News, a pro-Trump website launched in the days after the November election that is part of a wider network of pro-Trump sites. Steve Bannon, a former Trump aide, described the site as “very populist,” “very nationalist” and “very MAGA,” NPR reported.

The website claims that it received documents in response to an open records request that showed more than 43,000 DeKalb County ballots had not been processed correctly.

“It’s an absurd claim,” Emory University political science Professor Alan Abramowitz told HuffPost.

“The results in DeKalb were entirely consistent with the results in other counties in Georgia and with the results of earlier elections in DeKalb,” Abramowitz wrote in an email. “A disparity of that magnitude would be very obvious.”

Trump Is Still Begging Georgia Officials To Overturn The 2020 Election Results | HuffPost