US Politics

Rich

Seattle PD Fires Two Cops for Participating in Capitol Riot

-Reuters
The Seattle Police Department has fired two officers for their participation in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. Department Chief Adrian Diaz said in a statement Friday that Caitlin and Alexander Everett had breached the public’s trust, calling the attempted insurrection “an attack on our profession and on every officer across the country” and the two officers’ participation “a stain on our department.” He wrote, “The two officers were found to have crossed the outdoor barriers established by the Capitol Police and were directly next to the Capitol Building. Clear evidence places them directly next to the Capitol Building. It is beyond absurd to suggest that they did not know they were in an area where they should not be, amidst what was already a violent, criminal riot.” Diaz said five police officers lost their lives as a result of Jan. 6, making the two Seattle officers’ conduct all the more egregious. The chief extended his apologies to the officers who defended the Capitol on behalf of his department.

On 2021-08-05 at 11:16 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

This woman should be removed from office. What an asbolute Qunt.

Dammit ! Why did I watch that ! Lol, one day I fully expect Dr. Faucci to walk up to a mic  and say " You know what , f**K all of you I'm out of here " and leave the USA. The poor bugger is 80 years old, out there busting his hump for a bunch of ignorant ,spoiled ,bratty children. I don't know how the guy does it.

Edited by the watcher

9 hours ago, bustamente said:

The correct question should of been why doesn't President Biden golf every weekend and make the secret service pay to stay at his properties

Big American news tv, print, have to pretend that what goes on down there is within the range of normal.

even though there was a serious coup attempt.

so they carry on with their "balanced coverage" of unbalanced events.

they do it with everything. one of the reasons they are so screwed.

Edited by Mark F

Biden is one of the worst presidents in history already. But he and Harris cant do much about it. They spent 4 yrs attacking Trump and making up lies about him, then just said the opposite with everything and tried to undo the good Trump did do.

The border is a mess. 

The financial market is a disaster.

Covid has become political. I worked 4 months in New York in a lab and we were forbidden to share anything to media and weren't allowed to speak with non-family about the science we discovered.

Inflation will make its way to Canada and people like Manitoba Ontario Alberta are going to pay big time for it.

3 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Biden is one of the worst presidents in history already. But he and Harris cant do much about it. They spent 4 yrs attacking Trump and making up lies about him, then just said the opposite with everything and tried to undo the good Trump did do.

The border is a mess. 

The financial market is a disaster.

Better than expected jobs report shocks Fox's Maria Bartiromo: 'Wow, big beat!'

The Dow and the S&P 500 rocketed to record highs on the heels of a favorable July jobs report – a pleasant surprise for economists expecting less-than-stellar numbers as the economy rebounds from the COVID-19 crisis.

On Friday, the Labor Department reported a whopping 943,000 jobs added last month, putting the unemployment rate at its lowest since March of 2020, right as the lockdowns from the coronavirus pandemic began. Unemployment dropped from 5.9% last month to 5.4%. These numbers outperformed a Bloomberg forecast which predicted a jobs gain of 858,000 jobs, with the unemployment rate falling to 5.7%.

"It's exactly the kind of report that the market wanted, in that it is strong," Seema Shah, chief strategist at Principal Global Investors, told Reuters. "It suggests that a labor market recovery is in play but also not so strong that it's going to push forward the timings of the Fed tapering. That is goldilocks, that perfect mix of strong but not too strong."

"I have yet to find a blemish in this jobs report," echoed Harvard economist Jason Furman on Twitter. "I've never before seen such a wonderful set of economic data."

So encouraging that even Fox Business anchor Maria Bartiromo appeared stunned while reporting the news on Friday.

"The markets are flat going into the jobs report, this is the July job support, we're expecting 870,000 jobs added to the economy," Bartiromo told her viewers seconds before the report was released, as Mediate flagged. But after hearing the figures, Bartiromo admitted: "Wow, big beat!"

Covid has become political. I worked 4 months in New York in a lab and we were forbidden to share anything to media and weren't allowed to speak with non-family about the science we discovered.

Inflation will make its way to Canada and people like Manitoba Ontario Alberta are going to pay big time for it.

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

no offense but by showing what the stock market is like DOW and NASDAQ is irrelevant to the viability of the market Now I know by just your post that you do no know how the market correlates to the financial component of the economy. The USA index rating is 2.5 which basically means it can't lend or borrow $ or sell bonds without approval of the senate. This is why inflation is high. Not sure if you are aware of what is goin going on in the USA.

Corporations are taking a beating but luckily Trump gave them a underwriting policy on tax credits they can use till 2025. This is why many corporations moved back into the USA and was able to hire. 

Thats whats happening in Alberta. They are at a very low unemployment rate. It has nothing to do with the economy it has everything to do with the breaks the PC's gave in 2018 and they are utilizing this to recoup losses by writing off their capital gains.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth

This makes your article mute as its irrelevant. Your article is literally fake news propaganda trying to make fun of fox news. its not even comparable to reality.

Just wait for whats in store in Canada. Gas prices will hit 2 dollars in Manitoba within 2 yrs. Milk will be 7.5 in 2 yrs. Meat will be 30% higher. We are already seeing vegetables increased. Vehicles will be 30% higher. Sadly the future is not good plus canada pension fund is shot to hell now that the gov't spent trillion dollars on helping out corporations during covid and handing out free money for those not deserving 

Edited by PolarBear

Trump DOJ Ally Reportedly Pushed Wild Theory China May Have Used Vote-Hacking Thermometers

A Justice Department official appointed by Donald Trump attempted to block results from the 2020 election by pushing a wild theory that votes may have been hacked by Chinese intelligence agents armed with digital thermometers, according to emails obtained by the House Oversight Committee.

Jeffrey Clark, who was the head of the DOJ’s civil division at the time, told senior department officials that he had information indicating the Chinese government could use digital thermometers to change results in Dominion machines that were tallying votes, sources told CNN.

“Hackers have evidence ... that a Dominion machine accessed the Internet through a smart thermostat with a net connection trail leading back to China,” Clark wrote in an email.

The push to hold up the election was part of Trump’s campaign to not leave the White House, even though Joe Biden had been elected president. Trump told then-acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen in December to “just say the election was corrupt, and leave the rest to me,” according to notes taken of his phone call, which were also obtained by the Oversight Committee.

The imagined connection between China and the U.S. presidential election is a key element of QAnon conspiracy theories. The vote audit in Arizona’s Maricopa County — led by Cyber Ninjas CEO and QAnon believer Doug Logan — has also examined ballots for evidence of “bamboo fibers,” which some have baselessly claimed could prove interference by the Chinese government.

Clark also wrote a draft letter, published by ABC News, in which he urged Georgia officials to call a special session of the state legislature to challenge the vote there. He falsely claimed in the letter that DOJ had identified “significant concerns that may have impacted of the outcome of the election in multiple States, including the State of Georgia.”

Trump DOJ Ally Reportedly Pushed Wild Theory China May Have Used Vote-Hacking Thermometers | HuffPost

(If these were rectal thermometers, I can see how they might influence GOP/right wing thinking.)

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Trump DOJ Ally Reportedly Pushed Wild Theory China May Have Used Vote-Hacking Thermometers

are the points in this article mute too?

also, was hoping to listen to it but my audio is mooted right now.

this puts me in a bad moo.

allegedly. 

Edited by Mark F

'They're going to sing like canaries': Flood of DOJ employees expected to expose Trump after Rosen revelations

Taking part in a CNN panel discussing former acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen's weekend testimony about Donald Trump's efforts to subvert the 2020 presidential election results, conservative commentator Amanda Carpenter predicts the floodgates will now open with other DOJ staffers coming forward.

On Saturday, Rosen testified before a bipartisan collection of lawmakers and their aides for seven hours, with Sen. **** Durbin (R-IL) saying the former DOJ official handed lawmakers a wealth of information about the former president's maneuverings after losing the 2020 election to Joe Biden.

Discussing what will happen next, Carpenter -- a former top aide to Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)-- said Rosen's testimony, and the fact that the DOJ has stated it will not block any employees from coming forward, means a lot more details about Trump's backroom dealings are in the offing.

"Jeffrey Rosen is talking," New Day host John Berman began. "The former acting attorney general who was running the Justice Department in the days before the insurrection, isn't just talking but wanting to talk. wanting to give information at this point. What's the significance about what we're hearing?"

"I mean, I think it just shows how dedicated Donald Trump was to this effort," Carpenter began. "If you don't mind me looking back a little bit, I'm a little frustrated because this would have been very relevant information during the second impeachment trial. Clearly you have people who were willing to talk and maybe they just needed the cover of the DOJ ruling saying they would be free to do so, but the second impeachment was really -- this is the same as the first."

"It's Donald Trump abusing official resources in order to get his way politically and stop Joe Biden from becoming president," she continued. "I mean, it's clearly a pattern here and so, I am very thankful that we have a January 6th select committee because I've got to believe there are many more people like Rosen. So once they have this legal, clear pathway in order to talk, they're going to sing like canaries."

'They're going to sing like canaries': Flood of DOJ employees expected to expose Trump after Rosen revelations - Alternet.org

On 2021-08-07 at 12:12 PM, PolarBear said:

I worked 4 months in New York in a lab and we were forbidden to share anything to media and weren't allowed to speak with non-family about the science we discovered.

Yeah, I'll take "Things That Never Happened" for $400, Alex.

On 2021-08-07 at 8:20 PM, PolarBear said:

This makes your article mute as its irrelevant. 

Claims to have worked in a lab but can't differentiate between mute and moot.

I hope you can find your way back to the circus.

55 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Yeah, I'll take "Things That Never Happened" for $400, Alex.

"I worked 4 months in New York (medicine hat)  in a lab (strip club) and we were forbidden to share anything to media (hookers)and weren't allowed to speak with non-family  (johns)

about the  science we discovered. ( crud us janitors swept up and found under table tops )"

got to love the phrase " the science we discovered"🤣

"honey I'm home, you'll never believe the science I discovered today"

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

"I worked 4 months in New York (medicine hat)  in a lab (strip club) and we were forbidden to share anything to media (hookers)and weren't allowed to speak with non-family  (johns)

about the  science we discovered. ( crud us janitors swept up and found under table tops )"

got to love the phrase " the science we discovered"🤣

"honey I'm home, you'll never believe the science I discovered today"

I guess that means his 20 years working in a virology lab with SARS and Ebola was 20 weeks in the club washing the STD’s off the stripper poles between acts. 

I’ll let myself out. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I guess that means his 20 years working in a virology lab with SARS and Ebola was 20 weeks in the club washing the STD’s off the stripper poles between acts. 

I’ll let myself out. 

I worked on Covid-1 to Covid-18. I think I know how to and how NOT to covid. 

There's a real election security breach case — focused on a Trump-loving county clerk's office: report

Writing for The Bulwark this Monday, Tim Miller says that there's finally a credible investigation into voting machine tampering, and it's not being initiated by Donald Trump's allies.

Miller cited a recent report from The Daily Sentinel, detailing how the Mesa County Clerk and Recorder's Office in Colorado is under investigation by the Secretary of State's Office over a "breach in security" in its election system.

"Secretary of State Jena Griswold released an order at 10:15 a.m. today calling on Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters to supply surveillance videos and documents showing how the breach occurred, and how security information ended up on a social media post," the Sentinel reports. "If Peters can't show proper chain of custody for that security information, which involves certain passwords that are eyes-only for state and county election workers who have passed background checks, all of the county's election systems could be immediately decertified, meaning the county would be on the hook for an expensive refit of all of its machines."

As Miller points out, Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters is fervent Trump supporter "who appears to have executed a self-own of historic proportion."

Last week, QAnon conspiracists shared a video claiming a "whistleblower" provided alleged evidence that Dominion voting machines are connected to the internet -- a claim that is a necessary element for voter fraud conspiracy theories.

In the video, the alleged whistleblower included an image of their election system's BIOS password, and in doing so "they stepped on a pretty large rake – because the password in the video was unique, which allowed the Colorado Secretary of State's office to identify which county the leak came from and during which meeting it was recorded," Miller writes.

"It turns out the election hacker was not Antifa or a Hugo Chavez apparition but a real live human in the office of Mesa County Clerk and Recorder Tina Peters," writes Miller.

There's a real election security breach case — focused on a Trump-loving county clerk's office: report - Alternet.org

12 hours ago, Tracker said:

There's a real election security breach case — focused on a Trump-loving county clerk's office: report

Writing for The Bulwark this Monday, Tim Miller says that there's finally a credible investigation into voting machine tampering, and it's not being initiated by Donald Trump's allies.

Miller cited a recent report from The Daily Sentinel, detailing how the Mesa County Clerk and Recorder's Office in Colorado is under investigation by the Secretary of State's Office over a "breach in security" in its election system.

"Secretary of State Jena Griswold released an order at 10:15 a.m. today calling on Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters to supply surveillance videos and documents showing how the breach occurred, and how security information ended up on a social media post," the Sentinel reports. "If Peters can't show proper chain of custody for that security information, which involves certain passwords that are eyes-only for state and county election workers who have passed background checks, all of the county's election systems could be immediately decertified, meaning the county would be on the hook for an expensive refit of all of its machines."

As Miller points out, Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters is fervent Trump supporter "who appears to have executed a self-own of historic proportion."

Last week, QAnon conspiracists shared a video claiming a "whistleblower" provided alleged evidence that Dominion voting machines are connected to the internet -- a claim that is a necessary element for voter fraud conspiracy theories.

In the video, the alleged whistleblower included an image of their election system's BIOS password, and in doing so "they stepped on a pretty large rake – because the password in the video was unique, which allowed the Colorado Secretary of State's office to identify which county the leak came from and during which meeting it was recorded," Miller writes.

"It turns out the election hacker was not Antifa or a Hugo Chavez apparition but a real live human in the office of Mesa County Clerk and Recorder Tina Peters," writes Miller.

There's a real election security breach case — focused on a Trump-loving county clerk's office: report - Alternet.org

I am shocked! You mean it's Republicans who cheat and steal elections? I wish there had been some clue along the way...

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

Andrew Cuomo Announces He’ll ‘Step Aside’ Because ‘I Love New York

MSNBC
Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo finally announced his resignation on Tuesday amid a spiraling sexual-harassment scandal. After initially resisting calls for him to quit following New York State Attorney General Letitia James’ devastating report last week detailing 11 instances of sexual misconduct, Cuomo claimed he was leaving his post in order to save New Yorkers a long and ugly political fight.

“New York tough means New York loving. And I love New York. And I love you. And everything I have ever done has been motivated by that love,” Cuomo said, while insisting he believed he’d never “crossed the line with anyone” sexually.

“I think that, given the circumstances, the best way I can help now is if I step aside and let government get back to governing, and therefore, that’s what I’ll do,” he added, saying that his resignation would be effective in 14 days. He went on to say Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul would take over, making her the first female governor in New York state history.