US Politics

Rich

It seems that the Democrats are oblivious to the fact that the GOP is stacking the deck against them. If the Dems do not stop this avalanche of vote suppression and the individual state governors claiming the right to void any electoral outcome they do not like even if that outcome is provably legitimate, the GOP could govern indefinitely regardless of the will of the majority. This is a naked, unapologetic planned seizure of power.

I guess us politics is the right thread:

"Across two studies (N = 1,017), we assess participants’ ability to produce satisfying and seemingly accurate bullshit as an honest signal of their intelligence. We find that bullshit ability is associated with an individual’s intelligence and individuals capable of producing more satisfying bullshit are judged by second-hand observers to be more intelligent. We interpret these results as adding evidence for intelligence being geared towards the navigation of social systems. The ability to produce satisfying bullshit may serve to assist individuals in negotiating their social world, both as an energetically efficient strategy for impressing others and as an honest signal of intelligence."

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/14747049211000317

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

I guess us politics is the right thread:

"Across two studies (N = 1,017), we assess participants’ ability to produce satisfying and seemingly accurate bullshit as an honest signal of their intelligence. We find that bullshit ability is associated with an individual’s intelligence and individuals capable of producing more satisfying bullshit are judged by second-hand observers to be more intelligent. We interpret these results as adding evidence for intelligence being geared towards the navigation of social systems. The ability to produce satisfying bullshit may serve to assist individuals in negotiating their social world, both as an energetically efficient strategy for impressing others and as an honest signal of intelligence."

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/14747049211000317

Hot Damn! I have to forward this to my Wife- Vindication will be mine!!!!!

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

6 hours ago, bustamente said:

Well it's a given this POS doesn't want to have an investigation into 1/6 how proud must the GOP be, don't look over here where our Republican Trump bootlickers tried to overturn the election, stormed the Capitol caused destruction and death, buildings can be rebuilt, lives cannot, they don't want the truth to come out 

4 minutes of whataboutism followed by a minute of questions.......questions that maybe could be answered by, oh I don’t know, A CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATION!!!!

So if she wants to explore the BLM riots, let her bring her own bill for an investigation and see if it passes. This bill is bi-partisan, I am betting her bill would die a quick death on the floor, much like her articles of impeachment against Biden brought in January 20 did. 

And let’s not forget her protestations about the investigation are likely more than just toadyism on behalf of the Oaf of Office, she was giving tours of the Capitol the day before the riot with a bunch of MAGA supprters, and I would wager she does not wish to be subpoenaed to answer questions about those folks. 

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Oops, sorry, just remembered that it was Boebert giving tours to MAGA folk, not MTG. Got my conservative Karen’s confused. 

But, the MTG vid that came out a few days ago, when she was stalking AOC back in 2019 was with some of the insurgents, no? 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Same approach I took with strategically posting articles on the fridge confirming sex is good for your health.

Similar result received as you.

Sex is not necessarily good for your health. I knew of a guy who was beaten up by a jealous boyfriend of the woman he was sleeping with.

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Well surprise surprise Turtle now opposes the 1/6 commission, bootlicker from the start bootlicker to the end, Dems need to stay the course and do this 1/6 commission and nail all involved.

A thorough investigation would expose the complicity of many high-profile GOP members and these should recuse themselves  from voting as to whether there ought to be a commission and the terms of that commission.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Texas Governor Greg Abbott Signs Extreme 6-Week Abortion Ban

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has signed a piece of anti-abortion legislation that effectively bans the procedure at six weeks, which is before many patients even know they’re pregnant, and allows anyone to enforce the ban through lawsuits. 

Like several similar bills that have moved through conservative legislatures across the country this year, the legislation requires abortion providers to check for a “fetal heartbeat” ― a term medical professionals say is misleading ― when a patient comes in for an abortion, and outlaws the procedure if one is detected. 

Notably, the Texas legislation also allows any private citizen to enforce the ban through civil lawsuits ― an element that reproductive rights groups say is especially ruthless. 

“This egregious abortion ban will not only push access to care entirely out of reach for millions of Texans, but adds a vicious layer of intimidation to those seeking abortion care and to those who provide it: civil lawsuits,” Andrea Miller, president of the National Institute for Reproductive Health, said in a statement. “The anti-abortion legislators behind this bill have made their intent clear: to harass, frighten, or bankrupt people who seek care and those who provide it.”

Texas Governor Greg Abbott Signs Extreme 6-Week Abortion Ban | HuffPost

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has signed a piece of anti-abortion legislation that effectively bans the procedure at six weeks, which is before many patients even know they’re pregnant, and allows anyone to enforce the ban through lawsuits. 

Like several similar bills that have moved through conservative legislatures across the country this year, the legislation requires abortion providers to check for a “fetal heartbeat” ― a term medical professionals say is misleading ― when a patient comes in for an abortion, and outlaws the procedure if one is detected. 

Notably, the Texas legislation also allows any private citizen to enforce the ban through civil lawsuits ― an element that reproductive rights groups say is especially ruthless. 

“This egregious abortion ban will not only push access to care entirely out of reach for millions of Texans, but adds a vicious layer of intimidation to those seeking abortion care and to those who provide it: civil lawsuits,” Andrea Miller, president of the National Institute for Reproductive Health, said in a statement. “The anti-abortion legislators behind this bill have made their intent clear: to harass, frighten, or bankrupt people who seek care and those who provide it.”

All about getting to the Supreme Court and overturning Roe vs Wade. 

Another attack on women (and health) from the alt-right. 

13 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Oaf of office

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

😂

To be fair, I stole that line from Stephen Colbert. He refuses to refer to 45 by his name anymore, so he got Twitter folks to offer new monikers for “he who shall be named”. This was one of my favorites. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

3 hours ago, JCon said:

But, the MTG vid that came out a few days ago, when she was stalking AOC back in 2019 was with some of the insurgents, no? 

George Takei

"If I didn’t know any better, I would say Marjorie Taylor Greene has feelings for AOC that she can’t express in a healthy way."

makes sense to me.

😂

republican recount flags ballot as suspicious:

"At one point, I overheard some volunteers excitedly discussing a stain on a ballot. “It looks like a Cheeto finger,” one said. “Like someone’s touched it with cheese dust!” That had to be suspicious, their teammate agreed. Why would someone come to the polls with cheese powder on their hands?"" 

idiocracy.

Edited by Mark F