US Politics

Rich

Tim Scott responding to the people who believe there is systemic racism in society:

'There's no systemic racism, why be so divisive, we work together in unity, you can see it everywhere, lets celebrate'.

Masses of people responding to this statement by Tim Scott:

'Okay Uncle Tom remember Trump's tenure'.

Other people who hear this response Uncle Tom, think there is no systemic racism, believe they are the ones becoming the  victims:

'Racist!' 

15 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Tim Scott responding to the people who believe there is systemic racism in society:

'There's no systemic racism, why be so divisive, we work together in unity, you can see it everywhere, lets celebrate'.

Masses of people responding to this statement by Tim Scott: 'Okay Uncle Tom remember Trump's tenure'.

Other people who hear this response Uncle Tom, think there is no systemic racism, believe they are the ones becoming the  victims:

'Racist!' 

The right wing in Britain, the US and Canada have made a handsome living stoking the culture of perpetual victimhood. 

9 hours ago, JCon said:

We don't know if Rudy got a pardon. 

some people say he did not.

"But notably absent from the long list of allies and wealthy individuals ultimately pardoned by the outgoing president was his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani.

“I am not getting a pardon. So stop reporting it you bunch of liars. Is that clear?” Giuliani said during an episode of his radio show in January after the New York Times reported that the former New York City mayor had discussed nabbing a potential pre-emptive pardon from Trump."

comment. "ETA: One likely reason that Satan’s Avatar didn’t pardon Rudy is because Rudy could then testify against him without fear of prison. Rudy could be compelled to testify since there would be no 5th Amendment concern. If you’re pardoned, then you can’t be punished for incriminating yourself. And if you then refuse to testify after being pardoned, you are imprisoned for contempt. So Rudy received no pardon because it served Satan’s Avatar best by not doing so."

talking points memo

i dont know.

Edited by Mark F

37 minutes ago, bustamente said:

There was talk that Trump would give back pocket pardon's to his cronies to be used when they finally git indicted, was this true and/or legal I guess we will find out if they get charged.

like a blank cheque?

that is funny. 

Rudy Giuliani is an 'idiot' who 'drinks too much' and will give up Trump 'in a heartbeat': Michael Cohen

Speaking CNN this Thursday, Donald Trump's former personal lawyer and fixer, Michael Cohen, addressed the recent raid by federal agents on the home and office of Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani, saying that "we have no idea how expansive this investigation is ultimately going to reveal itself."

"...because Rudy's an idiot," Cohen said. "And that's the problem -- Rudy drinks too much. Rudy behaves in such an erratic manner that who knows what's on those cellphones or what's on those computers."

When asked if he thinks Giuliani will flip on Trump and offer information to the government, Cohen replied that there's never really been a relationship between Giuliani and Trump in the first place, saying that they didn't even like each other before Trump became president.

"So do I think Rudy will give up Donald in a heartbeat? Absolutely," Cohen said.

THE SMOKING GUN!

Matt Gaetz associate Joel Greenberg said in a letter that Gaetz paid for sex with a minor

Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz paid to have sex with a minor, his longtime associate Joel Greenberg said in a letter obtained by The Daily Beast.

"On more than one occasion, this individual was involved in sexual activities with several of the other girls, the congressman from Florida's 1st Congressional District and myself," Greenberg said in the letter, referring to an individual who was 17 years old at the time of the alleged encounter with Gaetz, according to The Daily Beast. "From time to time, gas money or gifts, rent or partial tuition payments were made to several of these girls, including the individual who was not yet 18. I did see the acts occur firsthand and Venmo transactions, Cash App, or other payments were made to these girls on behalf of the Congressman."

Insider could not immediately verify the letter. The Justice Department has been investigating since last year whether Gaetz violated federal sex trafficking laws and engaged in a sexual relationship with a minor. The investigation into him stems from a broader inquiry into the former Florida tax collector Joel Greenberg, a close associate of Gaetz's who was indicted on 33 felony counts, including carrying out the sex trafficking of a minor between the ages of 14 and 17. Greenberg previously pleaded not guilty.

Devin Nunes is caught up in Giuliani’s 'Russian mob' scandal: Trump impeachment prosecutor

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) has exposure in Rudy Giulian's legal scandal, according to former prosecutor Daniel Goldman, who served as majority counsel in Donald Trump's first impeachment trial.

Goldman offered his analysis after The New York Times reported that FBI agents also executed a search warrant at the home of Giuliani ally Victoria Toensing.

"This makes sense because, during the Ukraine impeachment investigation, we obtained draft retainer agreements between a Ukrainian official and Toensing and diGenova that Giuliani brokered," Goldman tweeted.

Podcast host Eric Garland noticed Goldman's analysis and added his summary of the situation.

"UM. SO GIULIANI AND TOENSING AND DIGENOVA WERE SIMULTANEOUSLY UNREGISTERED AGENTS OF UKRAINE *WHILE ON THE PAYROLL OF RUSSIAN MOB BOSS DMITRO FIRTASH* - while working for Trump. When he was President. And they all were conspiring with Russian intelligence," he wrote.

"Correct," Goldman said.

"And don't forget Devin Nunes and his sidekick Derek Harvey were involved too," he added.

Devin Nunes is caught up in Giuliani’s 'Russian mob' scandal: Trump impeachment prosecutor - Alternet.org

rudy's dad Harold.

lol

"The book says brother-in-law Leo D’Avanzo and a mobbed-up associate ran a lucrative numbers-running and loan-sharking business out of the bar – with Harold Giuliani’s help.

“That was the gist of Harold’s job: enforce Leo’s law through threats or violence. He shoved people against walls, broke legs, smashed kneecaps, crunched noses. He gave nearby Kings County Hospital a lot of business,” Barrett wrote.

When one man couldn’t pay up, Giuliani hit him with a baseball bat – sending him flying across the bar, a witness told Barrett."

new york post 

my impression is that all Americans strongly support freedom of speech, and are reluctant to take steps that limit speech.

in Germany he would probably charged with a criminal offence for the things hes saying. 

but its doubtful that fox  news could get a broadcast license in germany.

at some point you are inciting violence..... like the guy from rwanda that tried to get status to stay in canada.

he was a radio host that incited mass murder.

i dont see americans stopping fox. or alex jones, or any of the other creeps.

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And he (and others) cowardly hide behind this isn't news this is entertainment and apparently the Justice system agrees.

What a bizarre concept that a broadcaster that calls itself "Fox News" can excuse its race-baiting and spewing of hatred  and lies as just entertainment in the courts. Only in America, you say? 

This week, Arizona has had a blatantly partisan, Republican-inspired 'audit' of Maricopa County's votes in the 2020 presidential election. And one of the people seen counting ballots, according to reporter Brahm Resnik, was former Arizona State Rep. Anthony Kern — a far-right Republican who was in Washington, D.C. on January 6 for former President Donald Trump's infamous "Stop the Steal" rally.

The recount in Maricopa County, which includes Phoenix, was ordered by Republicans in the Arizona State Senate and has been conducted by the Florida-based firm Cyber Ninjas — with One America News, a cable channel that prides itself on being to the right of Fox News, handling the livestream. Arizona Democrats have been slamming the recount as a pointless farce, noting that the election results in that state were certified by conservative Republican Gov. Doug Ducey last year and were already verified repeatedly.

In other words, now-President Joe Biden's victory over Trump in Arizona was thoroughly vetted and settled. Regardless, Republicans in the Arizona State Senate wanted another audit more than five months after Biden won the state.

On Friday, Resnik — who is with KPNX-TV, the NBC affiliate in Phoenix — tweeted:

UPDATE: I deleted retweet that showed ballot at audit table where ex GOP State Rep. Anthony Kern was counting ballot… https://t.co/EXTdRnB0bd
— Brahm Resnik (@Brahm Resnik)1619810593.0
AZ Central previously reported Kern's appearance at the steps of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Reporter catches a Republican who allegedly went to the Capitol riot counting ballots in the shady AZ audit - Alternet.org

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

This week, Arizona has had a blatantly partisan, Republican-inspired 'audit' of Maricopa County's votes in the 2020 presidential election.

they stole the presidential election bush v gore. 

stole another one with help from putin, and comey, trump v. clinton.

they must be shocked that trump couldnt steal the last one.

there is nothing beneath them.

chomsky called the republicans the greatest threat to this planet.

Edited by Mark F

On 2021-04-30 at 8:43 PM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oh hey... ****** Carlson is 100% a white nationalist.

I'm always torn with the stuff. Because really the only way to get rid of taking heads like this, is to completely ignore them. Sure outrage on SM will get one of them fired, but as we've seen....there's always gonna be another one. If no one watches/pays attention via SM, eventually they'll be forced to change what they're broadcasting.....on the other hand, we should probably know what they're rambling about so as to build a defence against it ... 

6 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm always torn with the stuff. Because really the only way to get rid of taking heads like this, is to completely ignore them. Sure outrage on SM will get one of them fired, but as we've seen....there's always gonna be another one. If no one watches/pays attention via SM, eventually they'll be forced to change what they're broadcasting.....on the other hand, we should probably know what they're rambling about so as to build a defence against it ... 

I know what you mean BUT there are millions and millions who follow and believe what he says. He stirs them up, and gives them licence to be uncivil in the least and possibly violent to their fellow citizens. I think ignoring most of the nutbars in this country works. In the US I think it just allows them free rein to stir up hatred and violence. It continues the endrun to revolution.

This paragraph from a Clinton-to-GOP voter shows the country has reached a dark place

A new piece from the New York Times published this weekend and focusing on the rightward shift of south Texas politics included a remarkable quote from a voter highlighting the deep divides in the U.S. over basic understandings of social reality.

Reporter Jennifer Medina peered into Hidalgo County, which contains the city of McAllen. Democratic U.S. Rep. Vincente Gonzalez represents the area, and his is considered one of the most at-risk seats in the party heading into the 2022 midterms. He explained the Republicans' recent strength in the area by pointing "in part to misinformation, particularly on YouTube and other forms of social media."

And then the Times quoted 40-year-old voter Elisa Rivera, who voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 but turned to the GOP in 2020, to clearly illustrate Gonzalez's point:

"I was following along the family tradition, my dad is a hard-core Democrat, my father was really for unions, and I thought the Democrats defended the union," Ms. Rivera said, before adding: "But then I started to research myself and found out the Democrats are supporting witchcraft and child trafficking and things like that, things that get censored because they get labeled conspiracy theory."
Oddly, the Times report does nothing to point out that her specific claims are completely false. Democrats do not support witchcraft and child trafficking — these are complete delusions.

Rivera is clearly a believer in QAnon, misled by the sprawling conspiratorial fiction into accepting truly bizarre and baffling claims about American politics. They have no connection to reality, but as Rivera's claim that she "started to research myself" indicates, they're tied into a web of liars, scammers, and deluded people who spread these malicious myths online. The fact that someone could go from voting for Hillary Clinton in 2016 to believing in QAnon now is a stark reminder of how quickly these lies can spread and have an impact on political reality.

This paragraph from a Clinton-to-GOP voter shows the country has reached a dark place - Alternet.org

33 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

So... Because Liz accepts Biden as the lawfully elected POTUS, refuses to spread The Big Lie and is against insurrection, she is now a pariah in the GQP? 

Oof, the GQP is poison to USA democracy.

Yup. Anyone who refuses to follow der furhrer's delusions is a danger and must be attacker before the truth contaminations spreads. Pathetic.

QAnon cultist businessman goes on Newsmax to say 'Trump is president' and JFK Jr. is his VP

Far right wing cable channel Newsmax TV hosted a QAnon conspiracy theorist Monday night who told viewers Donald Trump is still president and his vice president is John F. Kennedy, Jr., who died in a tragic plane accident in 1999 at the age of 38.

JFK, Jr. being alive is one of the QAnon cult's beliefs.

Newsmax introduced its guest as "a Minnesota business owner who refused to take down a massive, massive Trump 2020 flag that violated his city's ordinance," as Media Matters reports. The cable channel is owned by former President Donald Trump's longtime friend Chris Ruddy.

"Jay Johnson is facing increased fines and says not even jail time can stop him from flying this huge flag over his construction business," Newsmax's Rob Schmitt said. "Just this weekend, he doubled down, put up an even bigger flag. This one is 40 by 60 [feet]. It is 900 square feet bigger than his previous flag. So this thing's like 3,600 square feet. It is huge. The size of the footprint of a house. He's also flying it proudly in the small city of Buffalo, Minnesota, which is, I guess, is technically a blue state which makes it even funnier."

The flag, Schmitt noted, "has the names Trump and JFK Jr. on it, is that right? With the slogan 'where we go one we go all.' Explain this flag."

"Well," Johnson replied, "Trump, to me, is the lone ranger and the lone ranger needs a guy by his side, and that's JFK. And, so, I decided to put it up and leave the people — think about what's going on."

"Well, JFK and Donald Trump were friends," Johnson claims (which is debatable.) "And, I don't know if you know this, but Donald Trump is president and Donald Trump needs a vice president. So when the time was right, I bring him out. And he's your new vice president."

QAnon cultist businessman goes on Newsmax to say 'Trump is president' and JFK Jr. is his VP - Alternet.org

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

QAnon cultist businessman goes on Newsmax to say 'Trump is president' and JFK Jr. is his VP

Far right wing cable channel Newsmax TV hosted a QAnon conspiracy theorist Monday night who told viewers Donald Trump is still president and his vice president is John F. Kennedy, Jr., who died in a tragic plane accident in 1999 at the age of 38.

JFK, Jr. being alive is one of the QAnon cult's beliefs.

Newsmax introduced its guest as "a Minnesota business owner who refused to take down a massive, massive Trump 2020 flag that violated his city's ordinance," as Media Matters reports. The cable channel is owned by former President Donald Trump's longtime friend Chris Ruddy.

"Jay Johnson is facing increased fines and says not even jail time can stop him from flying this huge flag over his construction business," Newsmax's Rob Schmitt said. "Just this weekend, he doubled down, put up an even bigger flag. This one is 40 by 60 [feet]. It is 900 square feet bigger than his previous flag. So this thing's like 3,600 square feet. It is huge. The size of the footprint of a house. He's also flying it proudly in the small city of Buffalo, Minnesota, which is, I guess, is technically a blue state which makes it even funnier."

The flag, Schmitt noted, "has the names Trump and JFK Jr. on it, is that right? With the slogan 'where we go one we go all.' Explain this flag."

"Well," Johnson replied, "Trump, to me, is the lone ranger and the lone ranger needs a guy by his side, and that's JFK. And, so, I decided to put it up and leave the people — think about what's going on."

"Well, JFK and Donald Trump were friends," Johnson claims (which is debatable.) "And, I don't know if you know this, but Donald Trump is president and Donald Trump needs a vice president. So when the time was right, I bring him out. And he's your new vice president."

QAnon cultist businessman goes on Newsmax to say 'Trump is president' and JFK Jr. is his VP - Alternet.org

Yup- it's nuts... I just saw a clip here:

14 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Just a minor detail, but 40’x 60’ is 2400 square feet, not 3600. You would kind of hope that a “news” outlet could get the basic math right. But then again Trump has always been about exaggeration.  

According to his rented playmates, yes.

Edited by Tracker