US Politics

Rich

wtf America

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elderly-asian-woman-fights-back-153513022.html

38 minutes ago, Tracker said:

After a while, repeated events become part of the culture-  like going to McDonalds, corrupt governments or killing people in large numbers. America is there and I pray we will never be. 

some people have been predicting these events for years. the violence Americans inflict abroad, coming home.

Canada is fortunate thar our transition from colony to sovereign country was peaceful, and done through negotiation, and passage of laws.

americans never stop spouting about the founders. and the revolution... the "tree of liberty"

our path .... superior..

Edited by Mark F

Lauren Boebert's latest bonkers conspiracy theory has Twitter users convinced she is losing it

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) has a new deranged conspiracy theory about the upcoming 2022 primary election and Twitter users are convinced the newly-elected lawmaker has lost her mind.

According to the Colorado Times Recorder, Boebert participated in a recent town hall in Montrose, Colo. where she was asked about Democratic figures at the center of the "Deep State" myth—including a number of former directors of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and Hillary Clinton—and whether or not they would be held accountable for their unspecified crimes connected to the QAnon conspiracy.

Before hearing the rest of the question, Boebert spiraled into a frenzy with a bizarre theory about the upcoming primary. "I'm going to answer part of this," she said, interrupting the man as he demanded Democratic leaders be held accountable for their so-called crimes. "Yes…I sure hope so."

"So we are seeing a lot of ugliness uncovered, a lot of corruption exposed," Boebert then said as she expounded on the man's frivolous claims. "But I believe that we are going to start seeing gifts and callings of righteous men and women exposed to counter all of this. Gifts that have remained dormant on the inside of people are going to start rising up. People are going to start filling these positions that they never saw themselves in, doing their part to serve their country."

Boebert went on to insist that she has "good sources" who are allegedly "in very close contact with President [Donald] Trump" confirmed that what she is saying is "really good information."

She added, "So,  anyone who tries to tell you that this is a fringe newspaper/media don't listen to them. I have very good sources to say this is really good information. Is it a hundred percent? I don't know. But it's really good information."

Lauren Boebert's latest bonkers conspiracy theory has Twitter users convinced she is losing it - Alternet.org

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

Lauren Boebert's latest bonkers conspiracy theory has Twitter users convinced she is losing it

Everytime I see her or hear her name, this plays out in my mind's eye.

Honestly, it's like her and Empty Greene are trying to out crazy each other...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Former Top Capitol Riot Prosecutor: Maybe Trump Is Culpable

The federal prosecutor who initially led the Justice Department’s inquiry into the Capitol riot believes there’s enough evidence to charge some suspects with sedition—and that ex-President Donald Trump may be criminally responsible. Michael Sherwin oversaw the investigation as the acting U.S. attorney in Washington, D.C. until he stepped down from the role last Friday. In an interview with 60 Minutes broadcast Sunday night, Sherwin said: “It’s unequivocal that Trump was the magnet that brought the people to DC on the 6th... We have soccer moms from Ohio that were arrested saying, ‘Well, I did this because my president said I had to take back our house.’ That moves the needle towards that direction. Maybe the President is culpable for those actions.” Sherwin also said that the “evidence is trending toward” sedition charges against some of the rioters—the crime of conspiring to overthrow the government. It would be the first time federal prosecutors have brought a sedition case since 2010, when members of a Michigan militia were charged—but later acquitted—of the crime.

-CNN

NRA bragged that it blocked Boulder AR-15 ban just days before deadly shooting killed 10 people

The National Rifle Association bragged that it helped block a ban on AR-15s and high-capacity magazines in Boulder, Colorado, just days before a gunman reportedly armed with the assault-style rifle killed 10 people at a Boulder grocery store.

Boulder police said that 10 people, including of their officers, were killed at a King Soopers grocery store on Monday. A wounded suspect who was taken into custody has not yet been publicly identified. A law enforcement source told CNN that the weapon used in the shooting was an AR-15-style rifle.

Hours after the shooting, the NRA tweeted a defense of the Second Amendment.

The organization bragged about its role in blocking the city's ban on AR-15s just six days before the shooting.

"A Colorado judge gave law-abiding gun owners something to celebrate," the NRA tweeted on March 16. "In an [NRA Institute for Legislative Action]-supported case, he ruled that the city of Boulder's ban on commonly-owned rifles (AR-15s) and 10+ round mags was preempted by state law and STRUCK THEM DOWN."

34 minutes ago, bustamente said:

So much winning in America, wonder if the dead and their families and friends feel this way

?? "law-abiding gun owners"? So... non-law abiding gun owners don't get "commonly-owned rifles (AR-15s) and 10+ round mags" ?? Idiots, the lot of them.

Law-abiding gun owners until they're not... usually ending up as a mass shooting event...

32 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

?? "law-abiding gun owners"? So... non-law abiding gun owners don't get "commonly-owned rifles (AR-15s) and 10+ round mags" ?? Idiots, the lot of them.

Law-abiding gun owners until they're not... usually ending up as a mass shooting event...

This 'you're punishing us law-abiding citizens, my right to bear arms, you're not taking my guns away, my freeeeeeedom, my liberttttyyy with your stupid gun rules'  argument is absurd, it's nonsense.

You could use the same argument for practically everything else . Most of us are law abiding citizens, why have regulations/rules/laws/restricted access etc for anything? 

Seriously, suffocating.