US Politics

Rich

disturbing report from the Lancet, about America. well worth reading.

https://www.salon.com/2021/02/24/the-gops-ayn-rand-death-cult-trumps-party-is-literally-killing-the-american-people/

"In addition, since 1980 public policies have reduced Americans' lifespans by 3.4 years as compared to the other "advanced" countries in the G7 (with data included through to 2018). America's public health problems considerably predate Trump's tenure in office — but his regime made them much worse.

As exhaustively documented by public health experts and other social scientists, across a range of policies such as gun violence, tax policy, the environment, access to health care, education, voting rights and the size and strength of the social safety net more generally, Republican policies over the last several decades have resulted in the deaths of many more Americans, compared to the policies advocated by Democrats."

both parties oppose universal public healthcare.

this is just cruel.

america maybe really is on the down side of the hill.

Edited by Mark F

Biden to Trudeau: Our countries are great friends. We love you.

Trudeau to Biden: Yes we are. And we love you too.

Biden to Trudeau: Well, thank you. Our bilateral relations are important to both countries. You are the first leader I've had a bi lateral meeting with. As it should be. It's important our two countries are on the same page when it comes to the environment, vaccines & jobs.

Trudeau to Biden: Thank you, Mr. President. I have a few questions...

Biden to Trudeau: OK, shoot... Well, we need to get our guns under control down here so poor choice of words. Maybe I should have said go ahead.

Trudeau to Biden: We have our concerns about Keystone XL. It would provide North America with oil security & we'd like to get our product to market.

Biden to Trudeau: Nope, that file is closed. Ain't happening. So don't ask. I have a lot of support from the Progressive Environmentalists in the Democratic Party. I had to cancel that pipeline in order to shut them up about their Green New Deal or whatever it's called. 

Trudeau to Biden. Any chance that it could be revived at some point?

Biden to Trudeau: NO!! Don't ask!!

Trudeau to Biden: Well, truth be known.... Albertans are whiners & I'm glad it's cancelled. I just have to pretend I care.

(Trudeau & Biden share a hearty laugh)...

Biden to Trudeau: Do you believe the Alberta State Governor wants to sue me??? What's his name?? Kennedy or something??

Trudeau to Biden: It's Kenney. Jason Kenney. We have Premiers & not Governors. Provinces not States. Kenney is a big windbag. Useless POS, actually. Talks a big game but does nothing. What about vaccines from your Pfizer plant? Our supplies are low & we're hoping you could help us out.

Biden to Trudeau:  No, Canada gets nothing until every American who wants it is vaccinated. You Canadians screwed up 20 years ago when you allowed pharmaceutical manufacturing to be done offshore. Now, deal with it. Talk to me in January 2022. Maybe I can spare a few thousand doses then. 

Trudeau to Biden: We really need the help. Lack of vaccines is killing me politically.

Biden to Trudeau: Oh well, too bad, so sad....

Trudeau to Biden: The Buy American plan you have will hurt manufacturers in Eastern Canada with Ontario the most. Especially Canadian companies that bid directly on US government contracts. That is my base. I can't afford that they lose jobs over this. Can we discuss your plans regarding Buy American??

Biden to Trudeau: Look, what a bunch of malarkey!! I ran on a platform of the Buy American Plan. I can't & won't backtrack now. I promised more jobs for Americans. Not Canadians. Jobs north of the border are your problem. I'm gonna expand the Buy American Plan but I have no real details to share with you at this time. 

Trudeau to Biden: But.... but... but... may I say Mr President that.....

Biden to Trudeau: Oh my, Just look at the time. I really must be going. I have such a busy day ahead. I must say that it is so good that we can improve relations with our Canadian friends north of the border after 4 years of that orange haired fatass in the White House. Remember YOU ARE OUR FRIENDS!! OUR BESTIES!!! One thing, since you are so far behind vaccinating your fellow Canadians we will keep the border closed until it's safe for Canadians to travel into America. I know you understand. Glad we got everything straightened out. 

Trudeau to Biden: Mr. President... WAIT!!!

Biden to Trudeau: BYEEEEEEEEE!!! (Click)!

I find it interesting that we currently live in an era where it's normal for a sitting US member of congress to spew and/or support lies, hatred, wild conspiracies, have this verbal diarrhea predictably challenged, then they yell back cancel culture, freedom of speech, liberty!  We just go round and round with this like it's a case of differing perspectives when if fact it's sane versus insane, crazy versus non crazy.

Professional liars are trying to take over. 

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I find it interesting that we currently live in an era where it's normal for a sitting US member of congress to spew and/or support lies, hatred, wild conspiracies, have this verbal diarrhea predictably challenged, then they yell back cancel culture, freedom of speech, liberty!  We just go round and round with this like it's a case of differing perspectives when if fact it's sane versus insane, crazy versus non crazy.

Professional liars are trying to take over. 

You can add U.S. Senate to that as well. I wonder if it's lack of shame or no accountability- probably both.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

25 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That is exactly the point. We thought we could influence world powers & leaders with our brand of diplomacy. We're finding out just how weak we really are & have been put in our place. 

How so? I don't think we were trying to be more than we are... we're Canada. We are who we are. The liberal government is not pretending to be something it's not- nor bigger or better than they are... sorry ì don't see the smack down that you do. 

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

How so? I don't think we were trying to be more than we are... we're Canada. We are who we are. The liberal government is not pretending to be something it's not- nor bigger or better than they are... sorry ì don't see the smack down that you do. 

Yeah, the Liberals did. Wanting a seat on the Security Council so they could influence world policy or situations. Trudeau wanted it baaaaad. Instead we were told to piss off. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, the Liberals did. Wanting a seat on the Security Council so they could influence world policy or situations. Trudeau wanted it baaaaad. Instead we were told to piss off. 

How is wanting a seat on the non-permanent UN Security council deemed as "too big for our britches"? I mean... we are not punching above our weight class with company like:

Estonia (2021)
India (2022)
Ireland (2022)
Kenya (2022)
Mexico (2022)
***** (2021)
Norway (2022)
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (2021)
Tunisia (2021)
Viet Nam (2021)

And why not want to have a say in UN matters? Being part of the UN is not a bad thing- best to try and engage with those that make decisions that affect the globe than just sit idly by and no say in what happens. It's good to have representation at the table.

• \

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It isn't like a seat on UNSC is something only Trudeau wants. Canada has been trying for roughly a decade to get one and in both bids, we were told to piss off. It failed in 2010 under the previous gov't and again last year under the current one.

But to claim Canada is weak on the international diplomacy stage is just nonsense.

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I was initially furious when I saw this clip... then I remembered this monster has no say in any policy anymore and is essentially out in the political wilderness... 

Seriously though- get the **** off my screen.

Fox will continue to push racist, fascist stuff because that's what they like. This is the conservatism now. 

Home / Official reveals a right-wing militia plot to 'blow up the Capitol'

Acting Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman revealed disturbing details about multiple right-wing militias that participated in U.S. Capitol riots on Jan. 6. Not only were they contemplating harming lawmakers but, according to Pittman, intelligence indicates that there were also plans to "blow up" the U.S. Capitol amid the State of the Union.

On Thursday, Feb. 25, Pittman delivered her testimony during a hearing with a House Appropriations subcommittee. "We know that members of the militia groups that were present on Jan. 6 have stated their desire that they want to blow up the Capitol and kill as many members as possible, with a direct nexus to the State of the Union," Pittman said during her testimony.

She added, "Based on that information, we think it's prudent that Capitol Police maintain its enhanced security posture until we address those issues going forward."

According to Pittman, the reports detailing potential threats to the Capitol have influenced the increased presence of law enforcement at the federal building. However, she also noted, "that existing intelligence has failed to highlight the fact that rioters who stormed the Capitol were not exclusively targeting politicians and officers, further stressing the need for heightened security in Washington D.C."

Pittman told the committee, "They wanted to send a symbolic message to the nation as to who was in charge of that legislative process."

9 minutes ago, Mark F said:

need to find out if trump interfered with police response.

charge him withnthat if he did.

If you are talking about the DC national guard, then yeah 100% he did. 

Since DC is not a state and doesn't have a governor, then the calling in of the National Guard falls to... the POTUS... given that there was no response for several hours after the Capitol police were begging to bring in the National guard... yeah it kind of falls at his feet...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

They have enough evidence on Trump to press charges of fraud and racketeering let alone all the crap he fomented on January 6th to put him behind bars for the rest of his misbegotten life. The only questions are if the Dems have the gonads to pursue him and also indict the GOPers who fanned the flames. If a planned, deliberate attempt to overthrow the legally elected government isn't enough of an incentive, I do not know what is. 

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

They have enough evidence on Trump to press charges of fraud and racketeering let alone all the crap he fomented on January 6th to put him behind bars for the rest of his misbegotten life. The only questions are if the Dems have the gonads to pursue him and also indict the GOPers who fanned the flames. If a planned, deliberate attempt to overthrow the legally elected government isn't enough of an incentive, I do not know what is. 

dem dont have to worry about alienating gop voters, so that excuse is out.

I think the power elite world wide, protect each other. if somebody intheir group gets jailed, maybe they all have to worry. most of them have baggage.

who got charged for  torture in Iraq? lydie england, lowest level enlisted person. some very high ups got promoted.

only place where there is any consequence for corruption is Africa.

Edited by Mark F