US Politics

Rich

If you have been watching CNN, this is not hot news, but apparently a GOP senator is willing to testify that she overheard Kevin McCarthy taking by phone to Donald Trump advising Trump that Mike Pence was being hustled out of the Capitol due to the danger. Trump apparently said that he did not care and subsequently in two messages to the rioters called out Pence as disloyal. This has the potential to be a game-breaker and this could lead to other GOPers coming forward to testify. Trump's lawyers are trying to stonewall any further testimony.

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

Banana Republic. 

The terrorists are on the jury. It's a joke. 

In plain sight for us all to see. Democrats not pushing for action by hammering on this constantly not calling out certain GOP senators on a daily basis tells us there are things that go on behind the scenes between these two parties that are immoral sneaky smarmy and maybe even criminal. At the end of the day outraged words seem more theatre if no  consequences are attached to the guilty parties.

Republicans were all set to mail in their “not guilty” votes and sweep the impeachment under the rug. Now with witnesses being called the process will drag out a lot longer. We all know the outcome will be acquittal anyway, so the Dems have one goal- keep the spotlight on this and embarrass the GOP to the point that their acquittal vote is completely indefensible on a common sense level. Personally, I love it. After everything that the Senate did to screw over Obama’s agenda with stonewalling and the hypocrisy of the SCOTUS appointments, this move is a giant “F.U.” And it looks so good on them. Payback is a b*tch. 
As for Lindsay Graham flip-flipping his vote and “threatening “ 300 witnesses, 3 things:

1) Dems control the Senate and therefore have the numbers to approve or deny any witness, so good luck trying to control the process

2) Thinking that subpoenaing Dems will somehow turn the tables is wishful thinking, at best

3) Thinking you will scare off Dems by saying the process will be lengthened is not going to have the effect you think it will. 

38 minutes ago, bustamente said:

It must be killing Trump not to be able to tweet and get on tv atm but as soon as he is acquitted you can be sure that former VP Hannity will be down in Florida and let Trump open his pie hole to start all this garbage all over again

I would love to see Trump go on Hannity and start spouting the election lie and delve into the Dominion machine fixing. Watching Sean suddenly pull up the legal disclaimer on screen to save his own and Fox’s ass and Trump suddenly flipping out on him would be glorious. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

25 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

In plain sight for us all to see. Democrats not pushing for action by hammering on this constantly not calling out certain GOP senators on a daily basis tells us there are things that go on behind the scenes between these two parties that are immoral sneaky smarmy and maybe even criminal. At the end of the day outraged words seem more theatre if no  consequences are attached to the guilty parties.

And when I think about it even more this is where the media fails us in not exposing this more in-depth.

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

No witnesses. Trial over. Closing arguments coming. 

Remember when the US is out there threatening other countries that they are a pathetic lot. 

This was always baked in Trump will have his day to crow, most wont pay any attention to him, let the States go after him and his enablers criminally as the GOP and most of the Republicans Senators are power hungry cowards

Wait... what? No witnesses?

Epic Democratic cave... 

So what happened to defending the democratic republic and all that jazz? Weak-assed democrats never willing to fight for anything... gutless slugs...how are they different from the Republicans who just want to sweep this away?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. The Dems “negotiated” a deal where McCarthy’s assistant’s statement about the Trump call goes into the record without subpoenaing her. Their fear was that the Republicans would stonewall the confirmation process for Biden’s appointments so they short-circuited this process to supposedly leverage more bipartisanship in that area. The insanity is thinking that the GOP won’t go back on their word and be obstructionist when that comes up later. Like Charlie Brown believing Lucy REALLY REALLY won’t pull away the football this time. GOP may have no morals of conscience, but Dems have no guts or conviction. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. The Dems “negotiated” a deal where McCarthy’s assistant’s statement about the Trump call goes into the record without subpoenaing her. Their fear was that the Republicans would stonewall the confirmation process for Biden’s appointments so they short-circuited this process to supposedly leverage more bipartisanship in that area. The insanity is thinking that the GOP won’t go back on their word and be obstructionist when that comes up later. Like Charlie Brown believing Lucy REALLY REALLY won’t pull away the football this time. GOP may have no morals of conscience, but Dems have no guts or conviction. 

I think it’s more than this. It’s all rotten to the core the whole lot, Republican, Democrat whatever. This insurrection on the US Capitol Hill exposed this rotten in more detail but that’s it. Business as usual for all involved nothing to see here let me get back to my twitter feed to tell you how angry I am but fold like a cheap tent if anything runs counter to my self serving interests. To quote @JCon, Pathetic.