US Politics

Rich

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

if you have not read some of Marg's spewing, here

https://www.mediamatters.org/facebook/marjorie-taylor-greene-penned-conspiracy-theory-laser-beam-space-started-deadly-2018

madge kicked out of assignments. also

"WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy is claiming he's unfamiliar with an extremist conspiracy theory whose adherents joined the violent assault on Congress and hunted for his members as well as Democrats. He says he’s not even learned how to pronounce it.  This, despite his denunciation of the same conspiracy theorists months ago.

Rep. KEVIN McCARTHY: “Q-on, I don’t know if I say it right. I don’t even know what it is.” —"

good lord these people are stupid.

Unfortunately, their adherents are even more stoopid.

13 hours ago, iHeart said:

YOU'RE NEXT TUCKER!

One day after the latest lawsuit announcement.   Coincidence.   Again, another slam dunk, with plenty of video evidence on this one.  
The reaction on my ole stomping grounds, Breitbart..... is simply epic.   As if somebody took down George Washington, with a hatchet.

Legal analyst explains how Trump stepped into a trap with refusal to testify at his impeachment trial

Early Saturday morning, MSNBC legal analyst Danny Cevallos suggested Donald Trump walked into a trap with his refusal to appear and testify at his second impeachment trial which starts next Tuesday.

Speaking with hosts Kendis Gibson and Lindsey Reiser, the defense attorney stated that House impeachment manager, Rep. Jamie Raskin (R-MD) executed "constitutional jiu-jitsu" by asking the former president to appear as opposed to subpoenaing him.

"How much could Trump's absence, actually, hurt him, in this case next week?" the attorney was asked.

"Jamie Raskin is using a great bit of constitutional jujitsu here," Cevallos replied. "They did not issue a subpoena, they just requested or invited him to come testify and President Trump declined. This is not a subpoena situation, but, you know, in our parallel-judicial courts, we have a principle: in criminal cases only that the prosecution and the judge cannot comment on an accused's silence at a criminal trial. But in civil cases, that comment or that inference, that negative inference from a defendant's silence, is allowed."

"Beyond that, the president or former president isn't even being compelled to come speak or testify at this impeachment," he continued. "And the reality is, whereas in judicial court, we have centuries of case law and bound volumes of books like the ones behind me telling today's courts what to do, the Senate is bound by none of that. They are bound by whatever the head count is of their votes in today's Senate."

$2.8 Million In Trump Reelection Donations Went To The Trump Organization: Report

An estimated $2.8 million in contributions to Donald Trump’s reelection campaign ended up in the coffers of his heavily indebted Trump Organization, Forbes reported Friday.

Additionally, $4.3 million raised by his campaign’s joint-fundraising committee, which collected money with the Republican Party, was spent on Trump’s businesses from Jan. 20, 2017, to Dec. 31, 2020, according to Forbes’ examination of campaign filings to the Federal Election Commission.

The committee spent $11,000 on Trump hotels days after he lost the presidential election — and an additional $294,000 a week later for lodging, catering and space rental, Forbes noted.

Forbes reported mid-year in 2020 that $2.2 million in donations from his campaign alone had already been spent on Trump properties. The Washington Post reported in early December that more than $1.06 million in campaign contributions were spent on Trump businesses in just the last weeks of his race.

Trump never contributed “a cent” to his reelection campaign, Forbes reported.

Trump raised $76 million after his loss ostensibly to battle the presidential election results and to help the Republican candidates in the vital Senate races in Georgia — but didn’t spend a dime on any of it, HuffPost has reported.

“He put nothing back. He didn’t care,” one top Republican familiar with the fundraising operation told HuffPost. “He put all this money in the bank for his own legal fights.”

Campaign contribution totals spent on Trump properties during his presidency have ranged from $10.5 million to nearly $17 million.

$2.8 Million In Trump Reelection Donations Went To The Trump Organization: Report | HuffPost Canada (huffingtonpost.ca)

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

An estimated $2.8 million in contributions to Donald Trump’s reelection campaign ended up in the coffers of his heavily indebted Trump Organization,

probably more like 280 million. 

has trump ever not stolen money that was there for the taking?

Edited by Mark F

A local attorney who was instrumental in filing Sidney Powell's Michigan lawsuit to throw out the state's votes in the 2020 presidential election, said in a court filing he was just "holding the fort" for her and shouldn't be sanctioned or disbarred.

Gregory Rohl, a trial attorney based in Novi, Michigan, wrote in a federal court affidavit that he was quarantined at home after having contracted COVID-19 when he was asked to assist Powell and the attorney Lin Wood in filing the case. Rohl said in his affidavit he was approached at 6:30 p.m. and told the filing deadline was at midnight.

Rohl's filing comes just days after Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, state Attorney General Dana Nessel, and Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson filed complaints seeking to disbar Powell, Rohl, and several attorneys who were involved in the lawsuit.

yahoo news

just an innocent victim. poor guy. sob.

51 minutes ago, bustamente said:

If American wants to come out of this disgraceful period in their politics they need to have everyone held accountable and punished accordingly.

In the next few months we are going to find out if the Democrats and America have the moral grit to put their house in order or if the corruption is so deep and broad that it has infected the whole American political system. 

11 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I'm giving you fair warning, this not for the snowflakes on here so move along. Anyone else who wants a look inside Trumps legal team after the election should read this. Very unflattering for Rudy, lol.

How Donald J. Trump Lost the White House, Preface (1.1) – Deep Capture

If there was so much evidence of fraud where is it? 

Trump lost for one reason: his ego and incompetence. Handed a crisis and bungled it so bad. Had he simply taken it and let the experts handle it ge would have cruised to a 2nd term. Instead he us impeached twice and accused of inciting an insurrection

The conspiracy theories of a rich kid don't amount to a hill of beans.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Trump lost for one reason: his ego and incompetence. Handed a crisis and bungled it so bad. Had he simply taken it and let the experts handle it ge would have cruised to a 2nd term. Instead he us impeached twice and accused of inciting an insurrection

The conspiracy theories of a rich kid don't amount to a hill of beans.

Unclear who these noted experts and scientists are, when talking about the "steal"  

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Relax.  My Pillow Guy is finally spilling the beans, on OANN.

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Just go to the legal parts, skip the rest, it's worth it just for the parts about Rudy, you won't be disappointed. 

Rudy is am idiot,  I didn't need to read that dreck to know that. 

I will ask again... if there is so much evidence, where is it? 

50 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Rudy is am idiot,  I didn't need to read that dreck to know that. 

I will ask again... if there is so much evidence, where is it? 

It's about the lawyers,especially Rudy, not the circumstantial evidence, try to keep up.

45 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Grifter and noted con man Trumpyouareallsuckers has taken the American racist rubes for half a billion dollars on a fantasy that he will become President again

Yup, mentioned in link I posted 300m at least. 

3 hours ago, pigseye said:

I'm giving you fair warning, this not for the snowflakes on here so move along. Anyone else who wants a look inside Trumps legal team after the election should read this. Very unflattering for Rudy, lol.

How Donald J. Trump Lost the White House, Preface (1.1) – Deep Capture

Here is some background info on the source.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58a08b80e4b0e172783a9db4/amp