US Politics

Rich

7 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

And with that Canada's 4 year international nightmare has ended. Kinda want this thread to be locked and burned now.

It's not over. They've exported the radicalism that has led to Trump. The poison of the alt-right is being warmly welcomed by the CPC. We're a long way away from being rid of the populism and the white supremacy. 

17 hours ago, bustamente said:

My final word on Trump the president, he tried to divide and succeeded, he didn't want to continue doing the job that was needed by the POTUS but he needed it's protections and wanted to be a King, tomorrow he leaves in disgrace with none of the class of defeated presidents of the past to be investigated for the rest of his miserable life, taking a long walk of a short pier and disappearing is to much to ask for but for the sake of America his crimes and those of all his enablers and those that protected him need to be investigated, Pence, McConnell, Barr, Blanche and little Hitler are at the top of the list followed by Kushner, Mnuchin, McLiar, McCarthy, Meadows and Pompeo, then the healing can begin

Correct.
Unity, eventually.   But first...accountability.  

Amazing how the scum, has floated right to the top of the pond, in the GOP.   Abject criminals aided and abetted by moral cowards.  Encouraging and enabling and eventually having their party being taken over by the Orange Cult - despite knowing about its underlying elements of racists, insurrectionists, fascists,.......and of course,  Donald Trump's total lack of morals and integrity.  

If Biden wants to stay above the fray - fine.   As long as any and every legitimate avenue into investigating all these cretins, is carried out relentlessly - no matter how long it takes. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

I kinda want to see Trump start his own political party to be honest. He's got enough brainwashed followers it would kick the anthill good and it would be amusing to see the ants scurry around.

Won't work. Americans can't handle anything more than two parties, which is why it's so entrenched in the political system. No one will give him money to start a party. I bet he and his fellows dimwits just continue to cause chaos within the GOP. 

TRUMP GONE, MANY TIMES THANKYOU!

when obama was elected, his cabinet appointments were industry hacks, from banking, insurance, oil....

I thought he could direct them, but I was wrong. Obama was for the most part a timid industry friendly war loving failure.

Biden has made appointments that are being praised, by people who want reform, so, bernie, also, appointed a liz warren supporter in consumer affairs, the energy and interior same thing.

also heard nancy saying some things about trump that surprised me.  Biden may not initiate investigations, but he wont be stopping or interfering in any.

so I think the Democrats have seen how close they have pushed things to the edge of no return, and are actually going to do good things.

probably a good time to sell your oilco stock if you have any.

35 minutes ago, JCon said:

Won't work. Americans can't handle anything more than two parties

more than two parties is not a solution, first past the post is the real problem. and there is a solution for it, proportional representation which pols in canada, for some reason are reluctant to enact.

isrrael for imstance, has many parties, and the same creep has been in power for many years.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Won't work. Americans can't handle anything more than two parties, which is why it's so entrenched in the political system. No one will give him money to start a party. I bet he and his fellows dimwits just continue to cause chaos within the GOP. 

Grifters going to grift.

Trump (if he can find the time) probably would not run again in any case,.    What he can do is take revenge against anyone who broke from the cult and deprived him of his election "win"
Aids have already indicated that Trump is compiling his list of folks, that his cultists will understand as "enemies of the people"  (check Internet comments even now)
Trump has a 250M Superpac and plenty of clones, who will support (or not support) whoever he says.....

As well, having a 30% or so "Trump rump" vote bloc ....could spell total disaster for the GOP, going forward.   Donald has already done his best to destroy democratic traditions, norms and institutions - he would certainly have no problem destroying the Republican party out sheer spite......

The total irony..... is that the one thing that could save the GOP, would be having Donald locked up and/or bankrupted.....by actual entities of "law and order"

Republican says 'classified briefings' revealed that the Capitol riot was 'much worse than people realized'

Rep. John Katko (R-N.Y.), the first Republican lawmaker to publicly support efforts to impeach former President Donald Trump, is speaking out about the deadly Capitol riots that erupted on Jan. 6 as lawmakers worked to complete the Electoral College certification.

Although the American public watched in shock and dismay as the disturbing series of events unfolded, Katko insists the riots were far worse than reported on television. During an interview with Syracuse.com, Katko shared details about the day of the deadly U.S. Capitol riots.

While he could not offer specific details about the classified briefings he has received, he did reveal that the incident was far worse than reported.

"I've had a lot of classified briefings on it, and it's deeply troubling," Katko told Syracuse.com. "I was left with a profound sense that it was much worse than people realized."

He went on to stress the importance of taking a full objective look at the situation, how the series of events unfolded, and who else should be held accountable.

Republican says 'classified briefings' revealed that the Capitol riot was 'much worse than people realized' - Alternet.org

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Washington Post counts 30,573 false or misleading claims in four years by Trump
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/535081-wapost-counts-30573-false-or-misleading-claims-in-four-years-by-trump

Is that all?

Now is that different lies, or are they counting the same lie repeated again and again as multiple lies?

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Now is that different lies, or are they counting the same lie repeated again and again as multiple lies?

Probably includes the repeated lies like being man of the year in Michigan and Veteran's Choice, etc. 

59 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Have a feeling business around here is going to slow down to a trickle, damn that Trump

Trump's looming legal nightmares ought to provide lots of grist for the mill for months, if not years to come, if that can be considered US politics. And then there are all of his toadies.....