US Politics

Rich

There is a mentally unstable person in the White House whose behaviours can only be predicted in psychiatric terms.

Capitol Police Intelligence Warned Of Insurrection Days In Advance: Report
An internal memo warned that "Congress itself is the target," according to documents obtained by The Washington Post.

The U.S. Capitol Police intelligence unit was aware, days before last week’s insurrection, that a mob of Donald Trump’s supporters posed a serious threat to the Capitol building and everyone inside, a report obtained by The Washington Post on Friday shows.

The 12-page, internal report was issued on Jan. 3, three days before the attack, and warned that the “sense of desperation and disappointment” among Trump supporters “may lead to more of an incentive to become violent. Unlike previous post-election protests, the targets of the pro-Trump supporters are not necessarily the counter-protesters as they were previously, but rather Congress itself is the target on the 6th.”

It appears that the report was not widely shared with other law enforcement agencies, such as the FBI, the Post reported, noting it could have alerted authorities to the high risk of a security breach at the Capitol. 

Two people familiar with the internal report told the Post that the intelligence unit’s director, Jack Donohue, relayed its message to all Capitol Police command staff. Another law enforcement official said the report led the department to place barricades farther from the Capitol than it has during past events.

Capitol Police Intelligence Warned Of Insurrection Days In Advance: Report | HuffPost Canada (huffingtonpost.ca)

'Kill him with his own gun': These officers reveal the horror of facing the pro-Trump mob at the Capitol

Michael Fanone, a member of the District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Department, was among the people who feared for his life when a violent mob stormed the U.S. Capitol Building on January 6. Fanone discussed coming face to face with that mob during an interview with CNN, explaining why he avoided firing his gun.

CNN reported that after the rioters stormed the Capitol Building, the 40-year-old Fanone was forced outside and was tased several times by rioters. Fanone told CNN that although he considered using his gun, he decided against it because he knew he was badly outnumbered.

"Kill him with his own gun." An officer describes what the rioters said as he lay on the US Capitol floor after be… https://t.co/LtG3AwCrVF
— CNN (@CNN)1610719800.0
Fanone recalled, "Some guys started getting ahold of my gun, and they were screaming out, 'Kill him with his own gun.' At that point, you know, it was just like self-preservation — how do I survive this situation? And I thought about using deadly force. I thought about shooting people. And then, I just came to the conclusion that if I did that, I might get a few — but I'm not going to take everybody. And they'll probably take my gun away from me, and that will give them the justification they were looking for to kill me."

The officer continued, "The other option I thought of was (to) try to appeal to somebody's humanity. And I remember yelling out that I have kids, and it seemed to work. Some people in the crowd started to encircle me and offer me some level of protection."

'Kill him with his own gun': These officers reveal the horror of facing the pro-Trump mob at the Capitol - Alternet.org

23 minutes ago, Tracker said:

'Kill him with his own gun': These officers reveal the horror of facing the pro-Trump mob at the Capitol

Michael Fanone, a member of the District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Department, was among the people who feared for his life when a violent mob stormed the U.S. Capitol Building on January 6. Fanone discussed coming face to face with that mob during an interview with CNN, explaining why he avoided firing his gun.

CNN reported that after the rioters stormed the Capitol Building, the 40-year-old Fanone was forced outside and was tased several times by rioters. Fanone told CNN that although he considered using his gun, he decided against it because he knew he was badly outnumbered.

"Kill him with his own gun." An officer describes what the rioters said as he lay on the US Capitol floor after be… https://t.co/LtG3AwCrVF
— CNN (@CNN)1610719800.0
Fanone recalled, "Some guys started getting ahold of my gun, and they were screaming out, 'Kill him with his own gun.' At that point, you know, it was just like self-preservation — how do I survive this situation? And I thought about using deadly force. I thought about shooting people. And then, I just came to the conclusion that if I did that, I might get a few — but I'm not going to take everybody. And they'll probably take my gun away from me, and that will give them the justification they were looking for to kill me."

The officer continued, "The other option I thought of was (to) try to appeal to somebody's humanity. And I remember yelling out that I have kids, and it seemed to work. Some people in the crowd started to encircle me and offer me some level of protection."

'Kill him with his own gun': These officers reveal the horror of facing the pro-Trump mob at the Capitol - Alternet.org

I so liked how he summed it up for the few rioters that helped protect him to give time for his partner to get him out. 'Thank you but f#ck you for being here.' 

Perfectly said.

going to be a job to restore the various departments and regularions that were assaulted under trump.

it isnt hard to find crackpot scum who will do anything for a buck and some power.

maybe day one declare moratorium on anything he did. 

like disregading science in epa decisions.

trump went hard for the bottom where the lumps of sewage settle.

absolute lunatic.

Edited by Mark F

Capitol rioters say an officer told them 'it's your house now'

The U.S. Capitol riots took place more than one week ago but the FBI is still uncovering details about the grim historic event. According to The Hill, two of the rioters arrested for storming the U.S. Capitol have revealed a Capitol police officer actually told them "it's your house now" as they breached the federal building.

A criminal complaint filed on Thursday, Jan. 14 outlines FBI agents' interview with Robert Bauer, of Cave City, Va., and his cousin Edward Hemenway, Winchester, Va., two men who admitted that they were among the pro-Trump mob that entered the building as lawmakers worked to certify the Electoral College vote. The two recounted what occurred that day as they recalled their discussion with the officer.

The complaint reads, 'Both Bauer and Hemenway recalled staying on the same level of the U.S. Capitol, while inside the building. Both men remembered encountering a police officer after they entered. According to Bauer, the police officer grabbed his hand, shook it, and said, 'It's your house now.' Bauer believed that the policeman was acting out of fear. Hemenway similarly recalled the officer shaking Hemenway's hand and Hemenway said, 'Sorry,' to which the officer replied, 'It's your house now, man,' and gave Hemenway a half-hug.'"

Bauer admitted that he believes the officer responded in fear due to the mob rushing into the building. However, that officer's identity still remains unknown. On Friday, the men appeared in federal court in Bowling Green, Va., as they pleaded not guilty to charges of "trespassing and knowingly entering a restricted building or grounds," according to the Courier-Journal.

Capitol rioters say an officer told them 'it's your house now' - Alternet.org

21 hours ago, Tracker said:

There is a mentally unstable person in the White House whose behaviours can only be predicted in psychiatric terms.

Capitol Police Intelligence Warned Of Insurrection Days In Advance: Report
An internal memo warned that "Congress itself is the target," according to documents obtained by The Washington Post.

The U.S. Capitol Police intelligence unit was aware, days before last week’s insurrection, that a mob of Donald Trump’s supporters posed a serious threat to the Capitol building and everyone inside, a report obtained by The Washington Post on Friday shows.

The 12-page, internal report was issued on Jan. 3, three days before the attack, and warned that the “sense of desperation and disappointment” among Trump supporters “may lead to more of an incentive to become violent. Unlike previous post-election protests, the targets of the pro-Trump supporters are not necessarily the counter-protesters as they were previously, but rather Congress itself is the target on the 6th.”

It appears that the report was not widely shared with other law enforcement agencies, such as the FBI, the Post reported, noting it could have alerted authorities to the high risk of a security breach at the Capitol. 

Two people familiar with the internal report told the Post that the intelligence unit’s director, Jack Donohue, relayed its message to all Capitol Police command staff. Another law enforcement official said the report led the department to place barricades farther from the Capitol than it has during past events.

Capitol Police Intelligence Warned Of Insurrection Days In Advance: Report | HuffPost Canada (huffingtonpost.ca)

I think it was a conspiracy of all the different agencies. The decision makers who backed Trump prevented the different agencies from being coordinated & having a proper response. maybe Trump told them to stand down secretly.

Mary Trump: My Uncle ‘Enjoyed Every Second’ Of Capitol Riot
"He is a physical coward but he’s perfectly happy when other people commit violence on his behalf," said Donald Trump's niece.

There is “no question” in Mary Trump’s mind that her uncle President Donald Trump wanted his mob of supporters to storm the U.S. Capitol last week.

“One, he enjoyed every second of it,” Mary Trump told Sirius XM Radio host Dean Obeidallah on Friday. “He is a physical coward but he’s perfectly happy when other people commit violence on his behalf.”

“Secondly, again, he really thought that that was a way to change the results of the legitimate election,” added Mary Trump, a psychologist who last year penned a damning memoir about the president and has been one of his harshest critics ever since. 

Mary Trump’s take on her uncle’s state of mind during the violence that left five people dead squares with that of Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) who has cited White House aides describing Trump as “delighted” when the Capitol was overrun.

At a rally before the riot, Trump had told his supporters that he’d join them to the Capitol. Instead, he returned to the White House and watched the insurrection, for which he was impeached by the House on Wednesday for inciting, unfurl on television.

The president “was walking around the White House confused about why other people on his team weren’t as excited as he was as ... rioters [pushed] against Capitol police, trying to get into the building,” said Sasse. “That was happening. He was delighted.”

Mary Trump: My Uncle ‘Enjoyed Every Second’ Of Capitol Riot | HuffPost Canada (huffingtonpost.ca)

Trump Is Fantasizing About a $2 Billion Presidential Library and Museum in Florida: WaPo

President Donald Trump is telling his supporters and donors he wants to collect $2 billion for a presidential library and museum in Florida, The Washington Post reports. He envisions it run by his social media director Dan Scavino, who formerly served as Trump’s social media director but more recently worked as his deputy chief of staff. Such a sum would far exceed the cost of other presidential libraries, but Trump reportedly believes he can raise it via small-dollar donations from a grassroots campaign among supporters. Former Trump associates believe it will be difficult for him to raise the money in the wake of the scandal over the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. “I thought to myself, what is this alternative fantasy life you’re living? I have no clue where they think they’ll get this money raised. Anyone who gives to him will be radioactive,” an unnamed fundraiser told the Post of the plans. The commander in chief plans to leave Washington, D.C. for his new permanent residence in Florida before Joe Biden’s inauguration, which he does not plan to attend.

Trump Allies Pocket Thousands to Lobby for Presidential Pardons: Report

-Reuters
A sleazy cottage industry of cash for lobbying for pardons is lining the pockets of several Donald Trump associates, according to a new report by The New York Times. Trump allies are “collecting fees from wealthy felons or their associates to push the White House for clemency,” according to documents seen and interviews conducted by the Times. One source said that former Trump lawyer John Dowd has “marketed himself” to convicted felons as someone with Trump’s ear. Another source said that a former adviser was paid $50,000 cash to try to gain a pardon for former CIA agent John Kiriakou, who was convicted of illegally disclosing classified information. A $50,000 cash bonus was reportedly in the cards if Trump comes through.

Trump Allies Pocket Thousands to Lobby for Presidential Pardons: Report (thedailybeast.com)

Pentagon confirms it will not hold traditional farewell ceremony for Trump as president vies for military-style parade: reports

President Donald Trump, who still hasn't conceded that he lost the election, will soon be leaving the White House. On his way out, he's not participating in any of the traditional hand-off rituals that incumbents typically do to welcome newly elected Presidents (like leaving a farewell letter of advice to the new president or having a one-on-one conversation with them).

Trump also apparently wants his departure to involve "a military-style sendoff and a crowd of supporters" at either the White House, the Joint Base Andrews or his final destination, the Palm Beach International Airport, according to CNN.

The Pentagon has said a traditional farewell isn't going to happen.

Keep in mind that President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration celebration is being closed to the public because of the insurrection that Trump encouraged his followers to commit on January 6. At this time, over 20,000 National Guard troops will be on patrol in Washington D.C. and the FBI is tracking threats of violence for Trump supporters and other right-wingers who believe the president's repeatedly disproven claims that Biden stole the election through an unprecedented nationwide conspiracy of voter fraud.

Regardless, CNN reports Trump has been weighing whether or not to issue pre-emptive pardons for himself and his family members who are all likely to face civil and criminal charges for shady financial self-dealings soon after they leave the White House. He's also sullen at Republicans who he feels didn't support him, and his approval rating has dropped to 29 percent, the lowest point of his presidency.

Pentagon confirms it will not hold traditional farewell ceremony for Trump as president vies for military-style parade: reports - Alternet.org