US Politics

Rich

https://www.salon.com/2021/01/14/was-the-capitol-raid-an-inside-job-some-democrats-think-so--and-evidence-is-mounting/

might be cctv video of elected people giving tours to the terrorists.

amazing to think that if Trump had responded sanely to covid, he probably would have been reelected, and this fascist disease would have wormed even deeper.

this appears to have been a near miss.

Edited by Mark F

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

If Rudy was the best Trump could get, who's going to represent him in court? Time to start thawing out the caveman lawyer. 

They should go on Judge Judy. 

Well, they always have John Eastman....
‘Unf***ingbelievable,’ Attorneys Sigh as Trump Lawyer and Kamala Harris Birther Conspiracy Theorist Blames Antifa for Capitol Riots
https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/unfingbelievable-attorneys-sigh-as-trump-lawyer-and-kamala-harris-birther-conspiracy-theorist-blames-antifa-for-capitol-riots/

If you are going to replace a wingnut......simply get another

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

You can start with this guy

Oh, oh. Somebody is gonna get a hurtin'. And it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

There is almost no one left to act as trump's lawyer in his upcoming removal trial, so guess who is the synchophant that would take up this task?

They deserve each other. Let the games begin!!!

QAnon shaman accidentally unravels GOP impeachment defense: 'He came at the request of the president'

House Republicans defended President Donald Trump from impeachment by insisting that he never encouraged his supporters to violently storm the U.S. Capitol, but court documents show those insurrectionists believed they were carrying out his orders.

The president addressed supporters Jan. 6 in Washington, D.C., where he urged them to "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard" by marching on the Capitol, and GOP lawmakers seized on those words in their impeachment defense -- but one of the most recognizable figures in the siege told investigators he was doing what he believed Trump wanted.

"Your affiant and an FBI agent spoke on the phone with [Jacob] CHANSLEY, who confirmed that he was the male in the face paint and headdress in the Vice President's chair in the Senate," investigators said in an affidavit filed in court. "CHANSLEY stated that he came as a part of a group effort, with other 'patriots' from Arizona, at the request of the President that all 'patriots' come to D.C. on January 6, 2021."'

QAnon shaman accidentally unravels GOP impeachment defense: 'He came at the request of the president' - Alternet.org

This Republican fiercely believed in Trump. Now she doesn't 'believe in America anymore'

President Donald Trump may be leaving the White House in the coming days but his sordid legacy will likely live on because his fierce supporters still believe in the falsehoods he has promoted.

An article published by Buzzfeed highlights the plight of a woman only identified as Sandra — a 60-year-old, fierce Trump supporter with deep-rooted, right-wing conservative beliefs. After being caught in the right-wing media whirlwind of Facebook, Twitter, and Parler, Sandra's beliefs shifted to only one possible outcome for the 2020 presidential election.

She believed there was absolutely no way Trump could be defeated unless the election was rigged — a dangerous precedent Trump set long before the election even took place.

"If Trump doesn't win, I won't vote again," Sandra said. "Because what good would it do? What good did it do?"

Although the Trump campaign provided no substantial evidence of voter fraud and nearly all of his post-election lawsuits were tossed out of court for failure to provide proof, many of the president's loyal followers like Sandra still believe there is a conspiracy against him. Now, Sandra has made it clear there is only one man she trusts: Trump, a twice-impeached president who incited a deadly insurrection.

This Republican fiercely believed in Trump. Now she doesn't 'believe in America anymore' - Alternet.org

Stop the Steal denied inciting violence: Now its leader wants to "bring hell" to his enemies

In the aftermath of last week's attack on Congress, Ali Alexander, chief organizer of the "Stop the Steal" election conspiracy movement, rejected any blame for the unprecedented political violence that flowed naturally from his event in Washington on Wednesday.

"I didn't incite anything," Alexander claimed in a video shared to Twitter on Friday. "I didn't do anything."

Hours after the riot, Alexander said bluntly: "I do not denounce this."

It's a common refrain for Alexander, a convicted felon who shed his given name Ali Akbar years ago while trying to establish himself as a Muslim face in Tea Party circles. For the last two months, since the election, Alexander has popped up at "Stop the Steal" rallies around the country, peddling lies and conspiracy theories and telling people he was prepared to die for the cause — denying that he endorsed violence while walking his rally crowds right up to the edge of insurrection. But two days after he shrugged off allegations that he played a central role in the unprecedented political crime last week, with authorities apparently on his trail and his Twitter account suspended, Alexander live-streamed his open embrace and endorsement of political violence.

"Rest assured in this," he says at one point in the 24-minute monologue. "The lord says vengeance is his, and I pray that I am the tool to stab these motherfuckers."

At another point in the video — which Alexander appears to have streamed sitting under a dome light in a vehicle moving through the night — the self-styled provocateur, who trades on his association with larger-than-life right-wing personalities such as Alex Jones and Roger Stone, teases viewers that the next step will be violent on a biblical scale.

Stop the Steal denied inciting violence: Now its leader wants to "bring hell" to his enemies | Salon.com

"When I do unleash the plan, I will unleash ..." Alexander says, then closes his mouth and stares at the camera for seven seconds. He continues: "I will unleash a legion of angels to bring hell to my enemies."

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

This administration did corruption in the open, make sure they check everyone's pockets when they leave

should have had everything chained up.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

If Trump doesn't win, I won't vote again," Sandra said. 

amen to that.

she should be disqualified anyway for excess stupidity. double her iq, she'd still be a moron.

Edited by Mark F

39 minutes ago, Mark F said:

should have had everything chained up.

amen to that.

she should be disqualified anyway for excess stupidity. double her IQ she'd still be a moron.

If anyone wants a lesson in sociology, keep paying attention tot he US. The same sociological processes that led to the rise of Adolph Hitler have been unfolding in the States for the past 50 years and will not easily be undone.  It will take generations for the racism and neo-fascism to stop being an integral part of the American political landscape, if it can be done at all. The single biggest problems are that a major US political party and a major TV network are disseminating the lies echoing what each other and Trump are saying.  The sane networks have been afraid to call out the intolerance and lies for what they are until very recently. 

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

The single biggest problems are that a major US political party and a major TV network are disseminating the lies

probably a few things going on. in additionmto,the delirium and ignorance that has infected so many people.

terrible corruption, militarism, failing education system. just read that their national debt is hitting 27 trillion. inadequate health care. impunity for the rich and their cohorts. crushing penalty for the poor. very unbalanced economicmsystem, on and on

crackpot religious con artists.

speaking of which 

USTON (AP) — A Texas megachurch pastor and former spiritual adviser to two U.S. presidents has been sentenced to six years in prison for bilking investors out of millions of dollars. 

He’s been a spiritual adviser to Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama.

just had second hottest year, once again all kinds of extraordinary weather, climate events. eventually they wont be sble to respond to thise things..

I think the super rich are already for the hills down there.

there are some courageous people,  but they get short shrift.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

probably a few things going on. in addition to the delirium and ignorance that has infected so many people.

terrible corruption, militarism, failing education system. just read that their national debt is hitting 27 trillion. inadequate health care. impunity for the rich and their cohorts. crushing penalty for the poor. very unbalanced economic system, on and on

crackpot religious con artists.

speaking of which 

USTON (AP) — A Texas megachurch pastor and former spiritual adviser to two U.S. presidents has been sentenced to six years in prison for bilking investors out of millions of dollars. He’s been a spiritual adviser to Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama.

just had second hottest year, once again all kinds of extraordinary weather, climate events. eventually they wont be able to respond to these things..

I think the super rich are already for the hills down there.  There are some courageous people,  but they get short shrift.

The unholy alliance there is the same as in Nazi Germany, between churches, big business, fascists and opportunistic  corrupt politicians.

The failure to confront the white supremacist invasion of police forces has had deadly consequences

The apparent participation of off-duty officers in the rally that morphed into a siege on the U.S. Capitol building Jan. 6 has revived fears about white supremacists within police departments.

These concerns are not new. White supremacy, the belief that white people are superior to other races, has long tainted elements within law enforcement. As I testified before Congress just months before this assault, there is a long history of racism in U.S. policing – and this legacy may have contributed to the violence in the Capitol in Washington, D.C.

Reports of officers involved in an attack in which the symbols and language of white supremacy were clearly on display are concerning.

But so too, I believe, is a policing culture that may have contributed to the downplaying of the risk of attack before it began and the apparent sympathetic response to attackers displayed by some police officers – they too hint at a wider problem.

The failure to confront the white supremacist invasion of police forces has had deadly consequences - Alternet.org

Physician Who Called Trump 'Healthiest' President Ever Dies At 73

Dr. Harold Bornstein, the long-haired New York City physician who once said Donald Trump would be the “healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency,” died Friday at age 73.

His death was listed in a paid obituary Thursday in The New York Times and did not specify a cause. 

“Dr. Bornstein was a force of nature who brought joy to his family, friends and everyone he encountered in life, and continues to do so in memory. He loved his wife, Melissa,” the obituary read. 

After graduating from Tufts Medical School in 1975, Bornstein went into practice with his father on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. He also worked at the nearby Lenox Hill Hospital.  Bornstein counted President Trump, 74, among his patients for more than 35 years until he gave an interview to the Times disclosing that the president took Propecia, a medication that stimulates hair growth. 

“He has all his hair,” Bornstein said at the time, explaining that he also takes the drug himself. “I have all my hair,” he added. 

In the same interview, Bornstein said Trump also took a drug to control rosacea, another to lower his cholesterol and a daily baby aspirin to reduce the risk of heart attack.

Two days afterward, Bornstein later alleged, three men including a Trump bodyguard strong-armed their way into the doctor’s office to seize the president’s medical records. In an interview with NBC News, Bornstein called the incident a “raid” and said that it made him feel “raped, frightened and sad.”

Then-White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that the seizure, which occurred shortly after Trump took office, was “standard procedure” for an incoming president.