US Politics

Rich

14 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I'm sure they will be looking at taking Trump security clearance away.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Seeing how screwed up the US system seems to be with certain things, I assume this won't be easy to do unless his impeachment results in him being convicted in the Senate. 

They stopped the briefings for Biden at Trump's request. I think it's pretty easy to remove the clearance, it's just not usually done. GOP will be crying but national security will demand it. 

Biden could choose not to give any classified updates at his discretion, it more considered a courtesy to inform past Presidents, and since Trump rarely took in or understood any of his daily briefings I doubt he is any position to give away and classified material in the future

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

They stopped the briefings for Biden at Trump's request. I think it's pretty easy to remove the clearance, it's just not usually done. GOP will be crying but national security will demand it. 

Again, here's hoping. Also hope the grifter buffoon doesn't take any photocopies on the way out.

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Again, here's hoping. Also hope the grifter buffoon doesn't take any photocopies on the way out.

It's a federal crime to share classified info. 

First thing I would do, if I were Biden, would be to set up a sting to see how fast troop deployments ended up in the hands of Putin. 

what happened to impeachment vote?

"off the table"?

other news

Former Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder, his health director and other ex-officials have been told they’re being charged after a new investigation of the Flint water scandal, which devastated the majority Black city with lead-contaminated water 

daily kos https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/12/2008604/-Former-Michigan-Governor-and-Others-To-Be-Charged-Over-Flint-Water-Crisis?pm_source=story_sidebar&pm_medium=web&pm_campaign=recommended

im surprised.

Edited by Mark F

loud flushing sound heard

Will cut to the chase — “Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him, believing that it will make it easier to purge him from the party, according to people familiar with his thinking. The House is voting on Wednesday to formally charge Mr. Trump with inciting violence against the country.”

www.nytimes.com/…

😂

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has cancelled a trip to Europe trip at the last minute.

Mr Pompeo had been due to fly out on Tuesday but Reuters reports that Luxembourg’s foreign minister and several top European Union officials have declined to meet with him.

what is this pompeo,doing anyway? man he is a creep.

Edited by Mark F

9 minutes ago, Mark F said:

loud flushing sound heard

Will cut to the chase — “Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him, believing that it will make it easier to purge him from the party, according to people familiar with his thinking. The House is voting on Wednesday to formally charge Mr. Trump with inciting violence against the country.”

www.nytimes.com/…

Oh, good, someone's doing something that I'm too cowardly to do - Yertle the Turtle. 

And, of course, he won't recall the Senate because he doesn't want to vote Trump out of power. Although, he could do it on January 19th and not worry too much about repercussions (from Trump). 

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

Oh, good, someone's doing something that I'm too cowardly to do - Yertle the Turtle. 

And, of course, he won't recall the Senate because he doesn't want to vote Trump out of power. Although, he could do it on January 19th and not worry too much about repercussions (from Trump). 

Come on.  Trump only blindsided and double crossed him on the stimulus bill, making him a scapegoat for the MAGAbillies.  Then Mitch had to cower on the floor, then flee, as the Trump Insurrection stormed the Capitol Building.   And listen to Trump stating that his speech to that mob was "completely appropriate."

Just not enough......for a tipping point, yet

Edited by do or die

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-capitol-hill-violence-riot-1.5870070

Trump said Tuesday as he visited the southern border wall in Texas that, "The 25th Amendment is of zero risk to me, but will come back to haunt Joe Biden and the Biden administration." He added, "As the expression goes, be careful of what you wish for."

Earlier, as he left Washington for the town of Alamo, Texas, Trump took no responsibility for his part in fomenting the violence at the U.S. Capitol last week, despite his comments encouraging supporters to march on the Capitol and his praise for them while they were still carrying out the assault.

"People thought that what I said was totally appropriate," Trump said.

He added in his remarks this afternoon, "We believe in the rule of law, not in violence or rioting," a different tone from the message he sent his supporters last week when he told them he loves them and that they are special.

He is so utterly detached from reality it's terrifying. A textbook malignant narcissist sociopath: https://www.verywellmind.com/understanding-the-narcissistic-sociopath-4587611

DSM-5 Criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder is "a pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts," according to the DSM-5.

Five or more of these DSM-5 criteria need to be present for an official diagnosis.

- Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (exaggerates achievements and abilities)
 - Preoccupied with dreams of unlimited power, success, physical attractiveness, and love
 - Holds the belief that they are of special or high status and can only be understood by similar people or should only associate with those people (or    institutions)
 - Has a need for excessive admiration
 - Possesses a sense of entitlement and expects favorable treatment or compliance
 - Exploits other people to achieve personal goals
 - Lacks empathy regarding the needs and feelings of other people
 - Is envious of other people or thinks other people envy them
 - Has arrogant behaviors and attitudes

Donald Trump is batting 1.000 at being a complete piece of human garbage.

Pence rejects calls to invoke 25th Amendment to remove Trump
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/533957-pence-rejects-calls-to-invoke-25th-amendment

Kicking the ball back into the Senate court.......

GOP lawmakers introduce resolution to censure Trump over Capitol riot
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/533953-gop-lawmakers-introduce-resolution-to-censure-trump-over-capitol-attack

Yup, just give him a slap on the wrist.  Trump has learned his lesson, and would never do anything like that again.....

GOP lawmakers' fiery language under more scrutiny after deadly Capitol riot
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/politics/gop-lawmakers-fiery-language-under-scrutiny-invs/index.html

Take note of this nugget....

"Ali Alexander, a leader of the "Stop the Steal" group, said in several Periscope livestream videos last month that he planned the rally that preceded the riot in conjunction with Rep. Gosar and two other congressional Republicans, Mo Brooks of Alabama and Andy Biggs of Arizona"

On 2021-01-11 at 1:50 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

That is just sick. Manatees are gentle & docile creatures that bother no one & to make an animal suffer by carving a name on it is horrible. Some people will laugh at this saying it's funny but the poor creature doesn't know why it is being made to suffer. Sometimes I hate the Human Race. 

10 minutes ago, itchy said:

Would certainly be nice, but I'm sure it's just posturing, but when t comes time to vote he won't do it.

I am less convinced. Trump put McConnell in danger... this is a chance to remove a liability from the party. He might take it. Or maybe not. Who knows what the more evil option is.