US Politics

Rich

37 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Leaving it as is will be even more confusing. Like iHeart says, which topic do you post in? The election was 8 weeks ago. Time to lock or merge it, I believe.

Merging it makes no sense with the size of the threads.  We'll lock it after the 20th if people keep posting in it,

Where are all the Trump supporters on this board, the Trump apologists on this board, the ‘whataboutism/ other politicians/other people are worse just as bad as Trump’ members on this board? As the Lincoln Project would say you bought the pony take the ride. Lets hear from you. Help us understand what’s going on here. Fill in the gaps we are missing. Or was this insurrection your line that he crossed? Do you finally realize this never had to do with differing political ideologies but with sanity versus insanity? Or is this just fake news to you and it was actually antifa and the US election was stolen by a great conspiracy? 

58 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Where are all the Trump supporters on this board, the Trump apologists on this board, the ‘whataboutism/ other politicians/other people are worse just as bad as Trump’ members on this board? As the Lincoln Project would say you bought the pony take the ride. Lets hear from you. Help us understand what’s going on here. Fill in the gaps we are missing. Or was this insurrection your line that he crossed? Do you finally realize this never had to do with differing political ideologies but with sanity versus insanity? Or is this just fake news to you and it was actually antifa and the US election was stolen by a great conspiracy? 

I'm pretty sure at least 95% of the users on these boards are Canadian and don't give two shits about Trump/Biden and are way more invested with Canadian politics.  Even in this long winded thread I'd say it's predominately people thinking Trump is a joke and mostly in amaze of just how far a bad joke went over the last 4 years.  I can't remember anyone on these boards mentioning on here about going out with assault rifles and walking the streets while wearing tacky camouflage with red hats.

What a weird post you made and it sounds like you are lost and are looking for a MAGA reddit or something. 

To quote from the movie Tommy Boy.. "Did you eat at lot of  paint chips when you were a kid?"

Edited by Brandon

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I'm pretty sure at least 95% of the users on these boards are Canadian and don't give two shits about Trump/Biden and are way more invested with Canadian politics.  Even in this long winded thread I'd say it's predominately people thinking Trump is a joke and mostly in amaze of just how far a bad joke went over the last 4 years.  I can't remember anyone on these boards mentioning on here about going out with assault rifles and walking the streets while wearing tacky camouflage with red hats.

What a weird post you made and it sounds like you are lost and are looking for a MAGA reddit or something. 

To quote from the movie Tommy Boy.. "Did you eat at lot of  paint chips when you were a kid?"

Huh, that is an odd post to take umbrage with and go a step further to personally insult the poster. 

There were a few actual trump supporters a few trolls and a few that just want to "own the libtards". He was clearly wondering what they think now. Can they justify his policies with all that has transpired? Is what has happened enough to justify "owning the libs"?

I am also curious where they stand now too- what is a bridge too far for them? It doesn't mean I grew up on a steady diet of lead chips. 

You're right,  no one was talking about your ridiculous example of "going out with assault rifles and walking the streets while wearing tacky camouflage with red hats" and I don't see how relevant your example is to the conversation. Odd note though, The proud boys were founded by a Canadian.

Anyways, I found it weird that you would **** on that post and wonder why that one deserved your ire.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Lol.

14 hours ago, bustamente said:

Some people just like to make fools out of themselves and then there is this guy

Aged like fine milk.

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

It's hilarious to see you post your shite commentary in this sub-forum. Never a valid point, never a logical argument; just ignorant conjecture and always some petulant, unoriginal dig at the end.

In case you've been living under a rock (more likely a bridge) lately, there were at least four pro-Trump rallies here in Canada last week - the same day a bunch of brainwashed, seditious asshats stormed a federal gov't building in DC.  That alone should be cause for concern, which is to say nothing about Canadians who show their support on social media for Trump and/or spread misinformation and conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, or the Canadian politicians who do the same. MAGAt wannabes who claim to be proud Canadians are a stain on this country. Because it speaks to how ignorant and detached from reality they are. Trumpism couldn't care less about Canada, regardless of the idiots in this country who waste their money on a MAGA hat or a Trump2020 flag. To that end, it's proof that harmful Murican-style politics have bled into our country - and that's a problem.

Fortunately, the handful of posters on here who used to defend Trump and his dogshit presidency haven't been for ages - good riddance. All they did was derail threads with their content, anyway.

I'm going to say this as respectfully as I can: next time you want to engage in a thread such as this one, maybe try putting some critical thinking to use. Use your brain and be part of constructive, worthwhile discussion. It's not difficult to do.

35 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I'm going to say this as respectfully as I can: next time you want to engage in a thread such as this one, maybe try putting some critical thinking to use. Use your brain and be part of constructive, worthwhile discussion. It's not difficult to do.

The guy cuts a wrestling promo on a group of people who don't exist and you suggest for me to put in critical thinking?  Come on now I'm sorry if this thread is some kind of fantasy role playing thing where people like to pretend they are involved in the drama in the States.    If you are from Winnipeg you could go outside and find out that for the most part the largest drama happening around town is small businesses being unable to re-open and suffering (valid issue) and a whole lot of soccer moms getting cranky  because they cannot get a hair cut.      

Seriously Riderfans are not as bad as the defenders and the original post.  

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The guy cuts a wrestling promo on a group of people who don't exist and you suggest for me to put in critical thinking?  Come on now I'm sorry if this thread is some kind of fantasy role playing thing where people like to pretend they are involved in the drama in the States.    If you are from Winnipeg you could go outside and find out that for the most part the largest drama happening around town is small businesses being unable to re-open and suffering (valid issue) and a whole lot of soccer moms getting cranky  because they cannot get a hair cut.      

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

They are at Capitol hill duh lol 

You are my favourite poster. I love your edgy brand of snark in your epic clap-backs; Peerless social commentary capped with witty, poignant quotes from recent comedic gems.... what ever, I care less now than I did 2 minutes ago. 

Newly sworn-in GOP rep: Some Republicans voted to overturn election due to fears for 'safety of their families'

In a phone interview with Reason reporter Matt Welch published on January 8, newly sworn in Republican Rep. Peter Meijer, of Michigan, wasted no words in condemning those responsible for the attempted toppling of our government. But he also reported a chilling detail from the events of that night: Rep. Meijer claims that some Republican lawmakers voted to throw out the ballots from Arizona and Pennsylvania not because they truly believed Trump's claims, but were concerned for "the safety of their families."

"One of the saddest things is I had colleagues who, when it came time to recognize reality and vote to certify Arizona and Pennsylvania in the Electoral College, they knew in their heart of hearts that they should've voted to certify, but some had legitimate concerns about the safety of their families. They felt that that vote would put their families in danger," said Meijer.

Newly sworn-in GOP rep: Some Republicans voted to overturn election due to fears for 'safety of their families' - Alternet.org

Melania Identifies Real Victim of the Deadly Capitol Riots: Herself

Reuters/Hannah McKay
Last week, five people died as rioters incited by President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol seeking lawmakers to lynch. But First Lady Melania Trump has identified the worst thing about the entire horrific spectacle—people saying mean things about her online.

In a deeply weird and jarring farewell statement posted by the White House early Monday morning, Melania first paid tribute to those who lost their lives in last week’s violence carried out in support of her husband, before going on to settle some scores against unspecified people who she claims have “attacked” her over the past few days since the riots.

“I am disappointed and disheartened with what happened last week,” she began, in a paragraph which, at first, you assume is a condemnation of Trumpist rioters. But she then goes on to say: “I find it shameful that surrounding these tragic events there has been salacious gossip, unwarranted personal attacks, and false misleading accusations on me—from people who are looking to be relevant and have an agenda. This time is solely about healing our country and its citizens. It should not be used for personal gain.”

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Now the right-wingers are circulating a false report that the white woman killed in DC was shot by a black cop. This was retweeted by a GOP congressman and taken down later after being challenged.

For all the Trump talk.....amazing how many GOP legislators still bestow agreement and approval on the election fraud and other conspiracy stuff.  The rot runs deep........ 

55 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Pretty incredible how you'd make an inane rebuttal like this after telling someone else they eat paint chips.

What group of people don't exist? And whether you want to accept reality or not, the "drama" in the US affects all of us. Just because there are other issues happening right now doesn't change that, so your whataboutism bullshit accomplishes nothing here. It is possible to be concerned about the state of another country, our closest and most important neighbour, and how its political landscape is adversely affecting ours, as well being concerned by what the ongoing pandemic is doing locally.

If this thread is bad as you purport it to be, maybe don't participate. Seems like an easy solution.