US Politics

Rich

Fired Trump Official's Ominous Warning: 'There Will Be More Bloodshed' Before Inauguration
Trump “has to declare that this was a free and fair election,” urged Chris Krebs. “He still has time to do what’s right.”

Chris Krebs, the fired former chief of U.S. cybersecurity, warned Friday there will be more bloodshed from supporters of President Donald Trump in the run-up to President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration on Jan. 20.

Krebs told CNN’s Don Lemon there had been no question in his mind that violence would erupt on Wednesday, when a mob of pro-Trump rioters — incited by the president and his allies ― stormed the U.S. Capitol in disgraceful scenes that shocked the world.

And Krebs cautioned:

There’s going to be more violence. There is going to be violence in the run-up to the inauguration. This is not over. There will be more. There are steps that can be taken by various individuals, and I hate using the passive voice there, so I’m just going to call it out. The president has to declare that this was a free and fair election. He lost. He still has time to do what’s right. It has to happen. There will be more bloodshed.

Fired Trump Official's Ominous Warning: 'There Will Be More Bloodshed' Before Inauguration | HuffPost Canada (huffingtonpost.ca)

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Fired Trump Official's Ominous Warning: 'There Will Be More Bloodshed' Before Inauguration
Trump “has to declare that this was a free and fair election,” urged Chris Krebs. “He still has time to do what’s right.”

Chris Krebs, the fired former chief of U.S. cybersecurity, warned Friday there will be more bloodshed from supporters of President Donald Trump in the run-up to President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration on Jan. 20.

Krebs told CNN’s Don Lemon there had been no question in his mind that violence would erupt on Wednesday, when a mob of pro-Trump rioters — incited by the president and his allies ― stormed the U.S. Capitol in disgraceful scenes that shocked the world.

And Krebs cautioned:

There’s going to be more violence. There is going to be violence in the run-up to the inauguration. This is not over. There will be more. There are steps that can be taken by various individuals, and I hate using the passive voice there, so I’m just going to call it out. The president has to declare that this was a free and fair election. He lost. He still has time to do what’s right. It has to happen. There will be more bloodshed.

Fired Trump Official's Ominous Warning: 'There Will Be More Bloodshed' Before Inauguration | HuffPost Canada (huffingtonpost.ca)

Trump repudiate his own garbage?  Fat chance.   We are talking about a guy, who as Varys states in Game of Thrones......"would see the realm burn if he could be king of the ashes."

Edited by do or die

9 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

This ******* Guy...

Maybe put into phrasing he might understand better:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Blanche was in top form. Many farms could use a manure spreader like that.

to maximize drama trump will  wait till ten seconds before the deadline, will say he'll resign, then wont resign.

hope they are ready for his antics.

I say if it isnt there and hes not out of the building, just do it.

Edited by Mark F

‘He's Going To Be More Unleashed And Unhinged Than Ever’.  A scholar of authoritarians discusses the MAGA insurrection and how the end of Trump’s presidency might be the beginning of a phase of extremist violence.

President Donald Trump had been laying the groundwork for the insurrection at the Capitol for years, according to historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat, who says this "cultivation" of far-right extremists has been "entwined with this victim cult." 
This week a mob of President Donald Trump’s supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 election. Five people died in the chaos, including a police officer. 

This historic insurrection was the culmination of five years of fascist rhetoric from the president, who now has less than two weeks left in his disastrous sole term in the White House. 

Ruth Ben-Ghiat is a history professor at New York University and author of the book “Strongmen: Mussolini to the Present.”  She talked to HuffPost about how she thinks Trump might act once he’s out of office and how America could be headed for even more violence and political unrest. 

You’ve been at the forefront of identifying and documenting how Trump and the “Make America Great Again” movement represent a real authoritarian or fascist insurgency. Were you still surprised to see what you saw Wednesday?

No, I wasn’t surprised. I was extremely calm when it happened because I just kind of expected it. Of course, it was shocking to then see the lawmakers cowering, and then I became very angry at the arrogance and lawlessness, and the fact that the police didn’t do anything and that these guys went out for drinks later, these insurgents. But no, this has been set up since Trump’s presidential campaign, when he actively cultivated all of these various militias and far-right forces, so it’s that cultivation entwined with this victim cult. 

Because this doesn’t work if you don’t have the cult leader. And the leader is the victim. So the leader is the protector, he’s going to save the nation, blah, blah, blah, but once they bonded to him, it’s very fascistic. It’s very fascist. If he’s in trouble, their duty is to save him. And so Trump has played them like a violin all these years, doing exactly what he needs to do to string them along and keep them loyal. Give them just enough crumbs of affirmation. 

And then he called on them because the other things that he was trying to do didn’t work. 

‘He's Going To Be More Unleashed And Unhinged Than Ever’ | HuffPost Canada (huffingtonpost.ca)

Forbes article provides a timeline, these DOD guys that Trump put in better lawyer up, maybe they can get a package deal from Rudy Colludy, the Kraken and Fired Ellis

Hogan said during a press conference that he convened an emergency meeting of his “unified command team” when he was informed of a mob of Trump supporters descending on the Capitol as lawmakers attempted to certify President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.

Hogan says he mobilized 200 “specially trained” state troopers and instructed Maj. Gen. Timothy Gowen, the general of the Maryland National Guard, to mobilize his troops.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer called Hogan from an “undisclosed bunker” and were “pleading” with him for assistance from his state and national forces, the governor said.

However, Hogan, who requires the Department of Defense’s authority to mobilize his National Guard troops, said he was “repeatedly denied” approval to do so from the Pentagon despite being “ready, willing and able” to assist.

Hogan said he had a “back and forth trying to get that authorization” and that, about an hour and a half later, Secretary of the Army Ryan McCarthy gave approval to send his troops to Washington, D.C.

Forbes has reached out to the Department of Defense for comment.

KEY BACKGROUND

Federal authorities were not guarding the Capitol at the time of the attack, leaving the job to the Capitol Police, who were quickly overrun by the mob. 

CHIEF CRITIC

President Trump reportedly refused initial requests to send in the National Guard, with Vice President Mike Pence ultimately interfacing with Defense Department officials and giving the order to mobilize units.

SURPRISING FACT

Hogan, a Republican, called for President Trump’s removal in the wake of the attack. "I think there's no question that America would be better off if the president would resign or be removed from office,” he said.

Edited by bustamente

Republicans will do anything to hold on to power, they just lost the Presidency and the Senate, if DC gets its way and becomes a State that's 2 more Democratic Senators, how long before Texas turns blue and how about Florida, the only reason they can win the Presidency is because of Electoral votes, they loose the popular vote constantly, which brings us to Trump under him they lost the House and now the Senate and he just tried a coup and yet the Senate atm will never convict him and the reason is simple a Republican lead Senate that convicts Trump dooms the GOP and even though many may want to get rid of Trump they would rather wait till the 20th.

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Republicans will do anything to hold on to power, they just lost the Presidency and the Senate, if DC gets its way and becomes a State that's 2 more Democratic Senators, how long before Texas turns blue and how about Florida, the only reason they can win the Presidency is because of Electoral votes, they loose the popular vote constantly, which brings us to Trump under him they lost the House and now the Senate and he just tried a coup and yet the Senate atm will never convict him and the reason is simple a Republican lead Senate that convicts Trump dooms the GOP and even though many may want to get rid of Trump they would rather wait till the 20th.

The only reason they win now is gerrymandering, voter suppression and targeting extreme groups (white nationalist, evangelicals, gun nuts). Without those things... the GOP would lose everytime.