US Politics

Rich

59 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If you want a metaphor for the Alt-right in the US, there it is.

theyve tased america in the nuts.

liz warren tweet

Betsy DeVos has never done her job to help America’s students. It doesn’t surprise me one bit that she’d rather quit than do her job to help invoke the 25th Amendment. Good riddance, Betsy. You were the worst Secretary of Education ever.

Edited by Mark F

Sadly, despite overwhelming evidence from multiple sources, some of the GOP continue to pretend that the forces they have supported and legitimized are somehow not responsible for the riots and attending losses of life. So long as these cretins keep this up. America will neither heal nor move forward. 

• 🤪

President Trump announced Friday (last june)  that he signed an executive order to protect American monuments, memorials and statues and threatened those who try to pull them down with “long prison time.”

“I just had the privilege of signing a very strong Executive Order protecting American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues - and combatting recent Criminal Violence,” Trump tweeted. “Long prison terms for these lawless acts against our Great Country!”

Trump signed in June after protesters targeted historic monuments and statues in the wake of George Floyd's death.

The order directs the Department of Justice to "prosecute to the fullest extent permitted under federal law" those who vandalize government property. Federal law allows 10 years in prison as a maximum punishment for such vandalism.

lol

ellsberg

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2021/01/08/will-unprovoked-war-iran-be-trumps-parting-gift-world

I have little doubt that such contingency planning, directed by the Oval Office, for provoking, if necessary, an excuse for attacking Iran while this administration is still in office exists right now, in safes and computers in the Pentagon, CIA and the White House. That means there are officials in those agencies – perhaps one sitting at my old desk in the Pentagon – who have seen on their secure computer screens highly classified recommendations exactly like the McNaughton and Bundy memos that came across my desk in September 1964.

common dreams today

Edited by Mark F

6 minutes ago, Mark F said:
  • 🤪

President Trump announced Friday that he signed an executive order to protect American monuments, memorials and statues and threatened those who try to pull them down with “long prison time.”

“I just had the privilege of signing a very strong Executive Order protecting American Monuments, Memorials, and Statues - and combatting recent Criminal Violence,” Trump tweeted. “Long prison terms for these lawless acts against our Great Country!”

Trump signed in June after protesters targeted historic monuments and statues in the wake of George Floyd's death.

The order directs the Department of Justice to "prosecute to the fullest extent permitted under federal law" those who vandalize government property. Federal law allows 10 years in prison as a maximum punishment for such vandalism.

lol

That ought to fix whatever is wrong with the USA. And just in the nick of time, too.

Pro-Trump extremists sought to kill the vice president during DC insurrection: ‘Hang Mike Pence’

Vice President Mike Pence has been one of President Donald Trump's most unwavering loyalists and apologists, but when Trump asked Pence to find a way to overturn the Electoral College results at a joint session of Congress held on Wednesday, the vice president maintained that he didn't have the power to do so. And when far-right pro-Trump extremists filled the streets of Washington, D.C. that day, some of them were calling for Pence's execution.

Chants of "Hang Mike Pence! Hang Mike Pence!" on Wednesday were heard by The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg, who interviewed some of the extremists that day. Goldberg reported that they felt betrayed by Pence because he was unable to stop Congress' certification of President-elect Joe Biden's Electoral College victory.

Pro-Trump extremists sought to kill the vice president during DC insurrection: ‘Hang Mike Pence’ - Alternet.org

frightening article about re containing trump.

but simple. really easy.

impeach him today.

these politicians are not used to acting decisively. they wait years before doing anything.

sniffing the wind, calculating.

" we tried we  just..........." 

Edited by Mark F

13 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

So... apparently a failed coup and an attack on the capitol is NOT a bridge too far for some people... dafuq?

Sorry I only lasted watching this just under two minutes. What a buffoon. She definitely rehearsed this in front of a mirror prior to her finally settling on taped version that had her say ‘yea this one shows my passion, my conservatism, my patriotism!’ Lol.

23 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

So... apparently a failed coup and an attack on the capitol is NOT a bridge too far for some people... dafuq?

This is the nut that campaigned with a hand gun strapped to her thigh and won and said that she would come to the Capitol with it

The butt hurt is hilarious, it's Donald Trump up dumb bumkins, he tells you he loves you ha ha you are dumber than a bag of hammers, he says he is one of you, yup you dolts have been conned by the biggest fake illiterate waste of a human being on the planet, he doesn't care about his own kids why would he care about you idiots. For all of you that were caught on tape you will be found it may take time but enjoy rotting in jail.

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Poor Blanche,.......................................... naw let him have it you terrorist, seriously though the crazy is everywhere and America is fractured

For the foreseeable future - It's going to be an endless rerun of The Hills Have Eyes, for Lindsay and his GOP cohorts.....

As I reflect on the attempted coup the other day, I keep coming back to these thoughts...

1. For a coup, that Trump told his followers was coming and invited them for ages, so few actually showed up. I mean, the Goldeyes get more people out for a weeknight game. How pathetic. 
  2. For such a small group, how did they manage to "overwhelm" the police that we there? 
  3. It's scary to think what might have happened if a larger group of MAGAts were actually there. 

7 minutes ago, itchy said:

No kidding that runs deep- wow!

Clarence Thomas perjured himself in 2018 when he was obliged to report any and all financial interests that might conflict with his impartial judgements. He misrepresented his holdings and ought to be removed from the bench.