US Politics

Rich

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Nice that he is posing, it will a lot easier to find you

on pbs calling these criminals " protesters"

pbs has been rendered gutless

saw a video of a woman being shot in the neck, she was a maga, guy beside her had an assault rifle

ivanka run in 2024 in ashes thanks dad!

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Surely the Trump administration would not of slow walked the security response, right?

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

And that's why DC needs to be a state... the deployment of the National Guard in this case, falls to the potus...

So the National Guard for DC is one the way. Could only be deployed by the Dept. of Defence on Trump’s say so. The original request was denied. But the Governors of States can authorize it as well, which is what the Governors of Maryland and Virginia did. Only once they mobilized did Trump flip and order the DC guard to activate as well. Didn’t want to be shown up by actual leaders taking action. 

51 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah, you might be on to something:

When asked why the DC National Guard was not being deployed, someone was quoted as saying the “optics” of having the troops at the Capitol would look bad. Take another look at the picture above and ask why it was not an issue when BLM had its protests, which never got near the Capitol steps. Then look at pictures of the domestic terrorists (don’t call them protesters) storming the building with Confederate flags  - somethig that was not even achieved during the Civil War - ripping down American flags and replacing them with Trump flags, attacking police, smashing windows, or breaking into Senators’ offices and looting the place, and ask how those optics look?

20 minutes ago, bustamente said:

The chief of the Capitol Police and Washington PD need to resign immediately.

To be fair to those folks, the mayor had requested National Guard assistance ahead of time and was denied by the DOD, and the Capitol police and WPD were out in force, but were overmatched. I won’t speak for those individual officers who did nothing or took selfies. 

On 2016-12-14 at 7:06 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

What they have now isn't working.  And I'm just basing that on many angry Americans I have talked to, who think Obama-care could have been so much better if it hadn't been introduced by incompetent DNC-appointed bureaucrats.  I have some hope that Trump will find a way to make their health care better.  Everyone has under-estimated him so much that he couldn't do much worse than what is already expected of him.

Never forget.