US Politics

Rich

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

RV full of explosives detonated in Nashville. A caller gave 15 minutes warning resulting in no loss of life. Five years ago it would have been blamed on Muslim terrorists. Today, the alt right wingnuts will be blamed & rightfully so until proven innocent. If this is true then this is what Trump & his supporters wanted & why the DOJ should go hard after Trump when he leaves office. 

6 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

I'm glad you said this. Years ago (can't recall if it was here or OB) I said something to the effect of "the average American has far more to fear from homegrown domestic terrorists than they do from any external terrorist threat' (I think I even said guys named Brandon lol) and was met with comments like 'that's a very strange thing to say' or 'how do you figure that'

Sadly, countless mass shootings (Las Vegas and Orlando especially) and the emergence of literal Nazis in the suburbs have made my point.

I take no issue with the statement that domestic terrorism is a main threat in the US, but it is premature to lay blame on the right wing before the facts are known. Just as irresponsible as those who blame ANTIFA and BLM for riots ahead of the facts. And it is especially wrong to say they should be “rightfully blamed until proven innocent”. This is the kind of division that o would like to see the ISA walk away from, it has done too match damage already. 

There is talk of this being a suicide bombing, but it is odd that it was done very publicly with the intent of causing mass damage but with care not to inflict harm on humans. 6:30 am on Christmas with warning announcements in advance. Why go through such trouble if all you wanted to do was kill yourself. The profiler in me wonders if someone wanted to cover up a murder and left an already dead body in the RV and then staged a suicide bombing? Far-fetched but I have heard of more elaborate plots. But it would explain the public display but concern for others’ safety. Who the RV is tied to will give some more answers. One big flaw in my alternate theory is how long it would take to amass that amount of explosive, which would take away from a need to cover up a murder, unless it was very premeditated . Anyway, just a random theory meant to not overlook anything, not making an assertion. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I take no issue with the statement that domestic terrorism is a main threat in the US, but it is premature to lay blame on the right wing before the facts are known. Just as irresponsible as those who blame ANTIFA and BLM for riots ahead of the facts. And it is especially wrong to say they should be “rightfully blamed until proven innocent”. This is the kind of division that o would like to see the ISA walk away from, it has done too match damage already. 

There is talk of this being a suicide bombing, but it is odd that it was done very publicly with the intent of causing mass damage but with care not to inflict harm on humans. 6:30 am on Christmas with warning announcements in advance. Why go through such trouble if all you wanted to do was kill yourself. The profiler in me wonders if someone wanted to cover up a murder and left an already dead body in the RV and then staged a suicide bombing? Far-fetched but I have heard of more elaborate plots. But it would explain the public display but concern for others’ safety. Who the RV is tied to will give some more answers. One big flaw in my alternate theory is how long it would take to amass that amount of explosive, which would take away from a need to cover up a murder, unless it was very premeditated . Anyway, just a random theory meant to not overlook anything, not making an assertion. 

Police work on the highest probability approach to solving whodunits. And currently, right-wing violent acts are far and away the biggest internal threat the US faces. The FBI made that statement a few years ago, and the Trump regime has encouraged right-wing violence, so.......

Metro Nashville Police Department Chief John Drake also revealed that police investigators “found tissue that we believe could be remains,” from the scene of the incident, but will be conducting further examinations to confirm.

The FBI is now heading up the investigation into the explosion, which—if intentional as officials have suggested—could have been an act of domestic terrorism. However, authorities in Nashville said they received no threats of potential holiday attacks before the RV explosion on Christmas.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Police work on the highest probability approach to solving whodunits. And currently, right-wing violent acts are far and away the biggest internal threat the US faces. The FBI made that statement a few years ago, and the Trump regime has encouraged right-wing violence, so.......

And tunnel vision is how wrongful convictions can occur. Let the facts dictate the theory, not lead with a theory and then make the facts fit it. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And tunnel vision is how wrongful convictions can occur. Let the facts dictate the theory, not lead with a theory and then make the facts fit it. 

Not quite tunnel vision. If you are looking to buy a car, you would go to where the greatest likelihood of finding a car. If that turned out to be a dead end, then you would probably look elsewhere.  

Nashville Police Believe Man Responsible For Christmas Explosion Died In Blast
Investigators linked Anthony Quinn Warner, 63, to human remains at the bomb site in downtown Nashville using DNA. Police believe no one else is involved.

Officials in Nashville said that the man they believed set off a bomb in a recreational vehicle that shocked downtown Nashville on Christmas morning died in the explosion.

Don Cochran, a U.S. attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee, identified Anthony Quinn Warner as the man who bombed the city on Friday. Warner was “present when the bomb went off, and then he perished,” Cochran said Sunday at a news conference.

Investigators linked the 63-year-old Antioch, Tennessee, man to the blast using DNA. The FBI said it also matched the RV’s vehicle identification number to a registration belonging to Warner.

(Apparently this had something to do with the AT&T building at the detonation sight)

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Nashville Police Believe Man Responsible For Christmas Explosion Died In Blast
Investigators linked Anthony Quinn Warner, 63, to human remains at the bomb site in downtown Nashville using DNA. Police believe no one else is involved.

Officials in Nashville said that the man they believed set off a bomb in a recreational vehicle that shocked downtown Nashville on Christmas morning died in the explosion.

Don Cochran, a U.S. attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee, identified Anthony Quinn Warner as the man who bombed the city on Friday. Warner was “present when the bomb went off, and then he perished,” Cochran said Sunday at a news conference.

Investigators linked the 63-year-old Antioch, Tennessee, man to the blast using DNA. The FBI said it also matched the RV’s vehicle identification number to a registration belonging to Warner.

(Apparently this had something to do with the AT&T building at the detonation sight)

5G paranoia

On 2020-12-26 at 9:54 PM, Tracker said:

Not quite tunnel vision. If you are looking to buy a car, you would go to where the greatest likelihood of finding a car. If that turned out to be a dead end, then you would probably look elsewhere.  

Using the same analogy, proper conduct would be researching the best places in the city to buy a car, then concluding the best car dealership to purchase a car from.

Tunnel vision would be concluding the best place to buy a car is the local bike shop, due to their local proximity, the fact they sell things on wheels and that they're convenient and at the end of the block. Besides, I just have a "gut feeling" that is the best place to find a car.

11 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Sometimes you wonder whether they really believe what they say, don't worry I already know the answer

Then there's this idiot who has learned the all caps way of tweeting, just makes him look and sound stupid just like his God

John Kasich suggested on the Don Lemon show forming a new party might be in order. He might be onto something.

Here's how we know Trump isn’t serious about running in 2024 — he just want to 'burn down his party': conservative

Although the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden is less than a month away, President Donald Trump hasn't publicly ruled out the possibility of running for president again in 2024. But conservative Washington Post opinion columnist Jennifer Rubin argues that the president's recent actions show that there will be no 2024 campaign in his future.

"As if an attempted coup, insulting the 'totally incompetent and weak' Supreme Court — including three appointees who supposedly were his big gift to conservatives — and refusing even to comment on the COVID-19 surge did not make it clear, President Trump's recent actions should show he is not seriously contemplating another presidential run in 2024," Rubin writes in her column this week. "

s1vqaFYA?format=jpg&name=small

Republicans made their own worst nightmare come true in the most lurid way imaginable

Yeah, so remember the nonsense that proto-Trump nitwit Sarah Palin spewed about "death panels" back when the Affordable Care Act was being debated?

Like most of what she said, it was too crazy to believe. I mean, seriously. Rationing lifesaving care in America? Pfft. Like that would ever happ … Oh, what fresh hell is this?

one of the better explanations ive seen of trump, past and future

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-trump-has-unfinished-business-a-republic-he-wants-to-destroy-still-stands-1.4435655

"It is not just that Trump really was not interested in governing. It is that he was deeply interested in misgovernment."

explains bannon getting involved :

"Lenin wanted to destroy the state and that’s my goal too,” replied Bannon. “I want to bring everything crashing down and destroy all of today’s establishment.”"

Edited by Mark F