US Politics

Rich

Today el Lardo wanted to take a victory lap as if he invented the vaccine, remember this giant ass said that the virus was a hoax and it was 1-5 cases and it would go away, Dr. Trump would hold campaign presser disguised as Covid updates and then declared that they had rounded the corner as his administration claimed the virus had been beaten, fast forward to the election where he is was beaten silly and Trumpbaby decides that he doesn't care about the virus and as people are contracting it and dying from it and businesses and lives are ruined he goes into hiding coming out only to golf, which leaves us to today at a vaccine summit where decides to cry about the election that he still thinks he won openly asking for the election results to be thrown out, and proceeds to tell everyone how great he is, he is mortified to not be POTUS with the protection that it gives him.

36 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Today el Lardo wanted to take a victory lap as if he invented the vaccine, remember this giant ass said that the virus was a hoax and it was 1-5 cases and it would go away, Dr. Trump would hold campaign presser disguised as Covid updates and then declared that they had rounded the corner as his administration claimed the virus had been beaten, fast forward to the election where he is was beaten silly and Trumpbaby decides that he doesn't care about the virus and as people are contracting it and dying from it and businesses and lives are ruined he goes into hiding coming out only to golf, which leaves us to today at a vaccine summit where decides to cry about the election that he still thinks he won openly asking for the election results to be thrown out, and proceeds to tell everyone how great he is, he is mortified to not be POTUS with the protection that it gives him.

Hate to go all grammar Nazi here, especially given my penchant for long-winded posts, but that opening statement had less periods than a pregnant woman. 

As for Trump’s babblings, a tiny (really tiny) part of me would accept him ramming a false Presidency through SCOTUS if I was promised that Dems won both run-offs. Then with control of both the House and the Senate, re-impeach him day one and get Pence too, and then let Pelosi or someone else be appointed President since they would have the votes to evict him. 

👁‍🗨 Finally somebody stands up to be counted

A Sarasota lawyer resigned his appointment to the panel that picks judges on Tuesday to call attention to the way Gov. Ron DeSantis has handled “public access to truthful data” and the raiding of a data analyst’s home.

“The recent events regarding public access to truthful data on the pandemic, and the specific treatment of Rebekah Jones has made the issue a legal one rather than just medical,’' he wrote in a letter to the governor’s general counsel. “...I no longer wish to serve the current government of Florida in any capacity.”

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

it's about the courts start to make people pay from opening their mouths and spewing garbage without thinking

genova might be very  sorry he joined the maga  crackpot chorus.

Im sure trmp will chip in when this guy loses.🤣

Edited by Mark F

16 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Hate to go all grammar Nazi here, especially given my penchant for long-winded posts, but that opening statement had less periods than a pregnant woman. 

As for Trump’s babblings, a tiny (really tiny) part of me would accept him ramming a false Presidency through SCOTUS if I was promised that Dems won both run-offs. Then with control of both the House and the Senate, re-impeach him day one and get Pence too, and then let Pelosi or someone else be appointed President since they would have the votes to evict him. 

Unfortunately, even if the Dems won both GA seats, they would lose the vote. 

As it stands, pre-GA, it's 48-50 in favour of the Republicans. At 50-50, or in any tied vote, the deciding vote is cast by the VP. 

15 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

👁‍🗨 Finally somebody stands up to be counted

A Sarasota lawyer resigned his appointment to the panel that picks judges on Tuesday to call attention to the way Gov. Ron DeSantis has handled “public access to truthful data” and the raiding of a data analyst’s home.

“The recent events regarding public access to truthful data on the pandemic, and the specific treatment of Rebekah Jones has made the issue a legal one rather than just medical,’' he wrote in a letter to the governor’s general counsel. “...I no longer wish to serve the current government of Florida in any capacity.”

I was fine with you murdering people by ignoring the pandemic and I was fine with supporting your voter suppression but...

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

Unfortunately, even if the Dems won both GA seats, they would lose the vote. 

As it stands, pre-GA, it's 48-50 in favour of the Republicans. At 50-50, or in any tied vote, the deciding vote is cast by the VP. 

Of course. Overthought it and forgot that Harris would no longer be the deciding vote there in my alternate reality. This is why I can’t have nice things!

That raises an interesting question though. If Pence was being impeached, and it went to the Senate for vote on removing him, would he be allowed to cast a tiebreaker vote if he himself was the accused party?

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Of course. Overthought it and forgot that Harris would no longer be the deciding vote there in my alternate reality. This is why I can’t have nice things!

That raises an interesting question though. If Pence was being impeached, and it went to the Senate for vote on removing him, would he be allowed to cast a tiebreaker vote if he himself was the accused party?

Or would he have to recuse himself? That's an interesting question. I will have to look it up. 

22 minutes ago, JCon said:

Or would he have to recuse himself? That's an interesting question. I will have to look it up. 

So quickly found 2 articles on this hypothetical. As Inigo Montoya said in “The Princess Bride”: “Let me explain. No, is too much.....let me sum up.”

Short answer appears to be yes, he could preside over and cast a vote at his own impeachment. 

This first article basically says the Constitution screwed up in its wording and would allow the Veep to preside. Funny, I thought the Constitution was the “greatest living document” ever created. It couldn’t be that boastful Americans  have again overstated their own sense of self-importance, could it?

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/234182826.pdf

The second article spells out that the Chief Justice of SCOTUS who presides could actually vote to break ties first based on precedent, this eliminating the VP’s power as it would no longer be a tie, but in questions where the VP is opposed and it is a tie, the question is automatically defeated before a tie breaker vote even happens. One would imagine he would be opposed to his own removal, so tie breaker vote is a moot point. Assuming that I am reading this right. I am not a constitutional law scholar.

https://www.legbranch.org/can-the-vice-president-vote-in-a-presidential-impeachment-trial/

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

It’s just practice for Trump’s case...

This was to be expected, as Trump has installed his weasels in much of the DOJ and other departments and is trying to smear as much of the incoming administration as possible. People tend to remember the charges, not the exonerations, and then Trump can squeal that the DOJ is now biased against him. Trump, through his glove puppet Barr, has started an investigation of the Biden victory. When this inevitably comes up empty, there will be more quealing, and if the incoming Attorney General stops the investigation, there will be more, if lightly different, squealing. 

Russian Media Wants Moscow to Grant Asylum to Trump. Russian media and lawmakers are concerned about the future of the Kremlin’s favorite U.S. president.

Getty News
Russian state media—a reliable barometer of the mood at the Kremlin—remains fixated on election-related events in America. Affectionately referring to Donald Trump as “our Donald,” “Trumpusha” and “Comrade Trump,” Russian lawmakers, experts and pundits repeatedly have expressed their concerns about the future of Moscow’s all-time favorite U.S. president.

Co-host of Russian state TV news talk show 60 Minutes Olga Skabeeva brought up the possibility that President Trump would end up seeking asylum in Russia to escape any prosecutions in the United States following the conclusion of his sole presidential term. Skabeeva emphasized that this was by no means a joking matter: “It’s all very serious,” she said, as she pondered out loud about the nature of criminal charges Trump might soon be facing.

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Russian Media Wants Moscow to Grant Asylum to Trump. Russian media and lawmakers are concerned about the future of the Kremlin’s favorite U.S. president.

Getty News
Russian state media—a reliable barometer of the mood at the Kremlin—remains fixated on election-related events in America. Affectionately referring to Donald Trump as “our Donald,” “Trumpusha” and “Comrade Trump,” Russian lawmakers, experts and pundits repeatedly have expressed their concerns about the future of Moscow’s all-time favorite U.S. president.

Co-host of Russian state TV news talk show 60 Minutes Olga Skabeeva brought up the possibility that President Trump would end up seeking asylum in Russia to escape any prosecutions in the United States following the conclusion of his sole presidential term. Skabeeva emphasized that this was by no means a joking matter: “It’s all very serious,” she said, as she pondered out loud about the nature of criminal charges Trump might soon be facing.

Trump residing in Russia (Siberia preferably please and thank you) that facilitates his move into obscurity has a very nice feel to it. Maybe all his family,  his administration, certain media people and the easily fooled Trumpers can tag along, you have our blessings. We will pay all the shipping and handling fees for the cages we will send them in.

37 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Skabeeva

found my my new handle.

leave it to skabeeva!

re trump new home

how bout saudi, after all, they

took idi amin. 

kill people you dont like,  multiple wives, might be a good fit!

one of those caftans would hide the depends quite nicely.

Edited by Mark F