US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, JCon said:

The next three months are going to be the most destructive in recent US history. The GOP is going to be decimated at the polls and they will spend the time ripping apart any norms that have existed.

Maybe the damage from Trump will last for years. 

and The Democrats have been spineless for decades.

and I wonder if Trumps crazy followers, if and when he loses, will go off the deep end. I suspect that many of them are certain he will win. they believe every thing he says.

Edited by Mark F

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Maybe the damage from Trump will last for years. 

and The Democrats have been spineless for decades.

and I wonder if Trumps crazy followers, if and when he loses, will go off the deep end. I suspect that many of them are certain he will win. they believe every thing he says.

They're already fire bombing police stations and rioting in the US. They're killing people with police help. The police and alt-right have been rioting for months.

AOC. 

Republicans do this because they don't believe Dems have the stones to play hardball like they do," said the New York Democrat. While admitting "for a long time they've been correct," she indicated those days would soon be over.

Republicans do this because they don't believe Dems have the stones to play hardball like they do," the New York Democrat added subsequently. "And for a long time they’ve been correct. But do not let them bully the public into thinking their bulldozing is normal but a response isn't. There is a legal process for expansion."

warren

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) said that while Republicans "are popping champagne tonight to celebrate how they for shoved aside the wishes of the American people to steal a Supreme Court seat and impose their radical agenda on the country," Democrats are not about to give up the fight.

"Every option needs to be on the table to restore the Supreme Court's credibility and integrity," said Warren. "Every option to expand our democracy. Every option to ensure that all Americans have equal justice in our courts and representation in our institutions."

old weak Democrats need to wake up. Pelosi for one.

Edited by Mark F

39 minutes ago, Mark F said:

old weak Democrats need to wake up. Pelosi for one.

I totally agree with the first part. I disagree with the Pelosi part. She has been really good at balancing needs with politics. I foresee a lot of hardball from Pelosi after the election... the senate with Schumer... yeah that needs to be fixed.

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I totally agree with the first part. I disagree with the Pelosi part. She has been really good at balancing needs with politics. I foresee a lot of hardball from Pelosi after the election... the senate with Schumer... yeah that needs to be fixed.

Expect the Dems to pick up another 10 seats in the House.   That, plus the midterms results, puts Pelosi in pretty good shape for one more go, as Speaker

no whining about the senate. Democrats love excuses for inaction.

Trump has demonstrated that the President of the US has  huge discretionary power.

46 billion handed over to farmers for instance. ignore subpoenas.

If Biden wins he needs to act the same way. 

Edited by Mark F

Here are some pretty stark differences in trumps DOJ and a Biden one. Nicely laid out.

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Absolutely, do not do what Obama did and try to reach across the isle... you will get greeted with a wolf's smile and then politically shanked. 

Treat the GOP how they have treated the Democratics and the bulk of the USA people.

You have to be truly amazed at how the American people could vote for such a person the last time, they knew who he was yet still voted for him thinking he would change, he has gotten worse yet there are really really stupid people that hang onto his every word and believe all the lies and that's when it becomes dangerous, this will be the most contentious and violent election ever and it will all fall back to a president trying to save his own skin without a care for anyone even those who support him.

34 minutes ago, Mark F said:

no whining about the senate. Democrats love excuses for inaction.

Trump has demonstrated that the President of the US has  huge discretionary power.

46 billion handed over to farmers for instance. ignore subpoenas.

But the senate ultimately controls what gets passed and what doesn't. In order to undo a lotnof the damage that is done you need the senate too. 

50 minutes ago, bustamente said:

You have to be truly amazed at how the American people could vote for such a person the last time, they knew who he was yet still voted for him thinking he would change, he has gotten worse yet there are really really stupid people that hang onto his every word and believe all the lies and that's when it becomes dangerous, this will be the most contentious and violent election ever and it will all fall back to a president trying to save his own skin without a care for anyone even those who support him.

“The worst thing about Trump’s Presidency Isn’t what we learned about him. It’s what we’ve learned about our friends and family. 
Many of us already knew what kind of person Trump was. We just didn’t know that many people we know are just like that too”. 

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

“The worst thing about Trump’s Presidency Isn’t what we learned about him. It’s what we’ve learned about our friends and family. 
Many of us already knew what kind of person Trump was. We just didn’t know that many people we know are just like that too”. 

this is a great quote. Trump normalized being a horrible person. All these people came crawling out of their caves because Trump made it okay to be evil. I read a quote recently that said America needs to not only vote in Joe Biden, but do so in such staggering numbers that it sends a message to all these awful people to go back into hiding and never come out again. 

Like Obama once did....the Republican Party "expanded the tent".  
The difference is that the GOP expansion to their tent mostly consists of ....Q-Anon, Neo-Nazis, Right Wing militias, KKK, Fundamentalist fanatics, conspiracy theorists, and the extreme Alt-right.   All these groups have been emboldened, encouraged and in some cases,  legitimized by a sitting President of the United States.   Disgraceful.

Hoping for a total GOP beatdown......so they can simply take a time out and try figuring out..... how to expand their base with the new demographic.

Edited by do or die

the list is massive, but how do you support a man who publicly wishes Ghislaine Maxwell well?

and who says nothing about Russian bounties on American soldiers in Afghanistan.

jim jones level cult.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

But the senate ultimately controls what gets passed and what doesn't. In order to undo a lotnof the damage that is done you need the senate too. 

the Dems had all three, and couldnt get much done, even offered social security cuts to get an agreement. half ass healthcare that left millions with nothing.

act written by health care industry.

they need to step up.