US Politics

Rich

27 minutes ago, do or die said:

A lot of Trump supporters have simply been told over and over that they are 'victims" of those "elites" that have been oppressing them and holding them back.   

Ironic that at the same time, Jared Kushner speaks out about black people just needing to “want to be successful”. If you are white, you are being held back by others and need a leader who will make it easier for you. If you are black, you just aren’t working hard enough, and it is your own laziness holding you back. Anyone who wants an example of white privilege, this is it 100%. Jon Stewart alluded to this a few months ago on Colbert when talking about the BLM movement and the backlash. 

Whole segment is good, but the sound bite is at the 7:28 mark. 

58 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Biden will win the popular vote of that there is no doubt, all he needs to win the electoral college is take Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona and either Florida or Pennsylvania.

Better yet, he'd need even less of those states if he ends up taking Texas, which is now looking very possible. But then if he does take Texas, there's no way he wouldn't take the vast majority of those states save for maybe Arizona or Florida.

Well this a surprise..

CBS's Lesley Stahl said the giant book presented to her as the president's health care plan after President Trump walked out of a "60 Minutes" interview had "no comprehensive healthcare plan.

President Trump’s press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, gave us a heavy book that she described as the president’s health care plan. It was filled with executive orders and congressional initiatives, but no comprehensive healthcare plan," she said.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/522710-lesley-stahl-giant-health-care-book-in-trump-interview-had-no-comprehensive#.X5dZ61wyN6E.twitter

14 minutes ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

Better yet, he'd need even less of those states if he ends up taking Texas, which is now looking very possible. But then if he does take Texas, there's no way he wouldn't take the vast majority of those states save for maybe Arizona or Florida.

It's really crazy that Texas could go to a Democrat

Just now, Mr Dee said:

Well this a surprise..

CBS's Lesley Stahl said the giant book presented to her as the president's health care plan after President Trump walked out of a "60 Minutes" interview had "no comprehensive healthcare plan.

President Trump’s press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, gave us a heavy book that she described as the president’s health care plan. It was filled with executive orders and congressional initiatives, but no comprehensive healthcare plan," she said.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/522710-lesley-stahl-giant-health-care-book-in-trump-interview-had-no-comprehensive#.X5dZ61wyN6E.twitter

yeah, there was a funny article on how that played out and pretty much backfired on the trump admin.

Just Brutal. 

19 minutes ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

I'm not optimistic that he can take Texas, he, Harris and Obama need to get out there in the next few days, on another note more than 60 million people have already voted early, Democrats usually vote early so that has to be a great sign.

26 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I'm not optimistic that he can take Texas, he, Harris and Obama need to get out there in the next few days, on another note more than 60 million people have already voted early, Democrats usually vote early so that has to be a great sign.

It will be very close either way, but fortunately Biden doesn't need Texas to win. IMO, Trump does, and he's truly done if it flips, regardless of what happens in the other states.

If I was a in the minority in the States either by skin colour or sexual orientation I would be mortified about how the Republicans rammed through and confirmed ACB, they are having a grand old ceremony tonight, hopefully by next week they will be in the minority and powerless as a Democratic President, Senate and House pays them back in spades

52 minutes ago, bustamente said:

If I was a in the minority in the States either by skin colour or sexual orientation I would be mortified about how the Republicans rammed through and confirmed ACB, they are having a grand old ceremony tonight, hopefully by next week they will be in the minority and powerless as a Democratic President, Senate and House pays them back in spades

Agreed, dark days ahead. Not 1 democratic d

Senator voted for her.... I think its over 150 years that not one person from each party voted to confirm a scotus pick.

Also, the GOP started the whole Barret initials right after RGB"s passing to.... I don't know what the **** they were doing it for... but many thought it was a poke in the eye for RGB.

10 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agreed, dark days ahead. Not 1 democratic d

Senator voted for her.... I think its over 150 years that not one person from each party voted to confirm a scotus pick.

Also, the GOP started the whole Barret initials right after RGB"s passing to.... I don't know what the **** they were doing it for... but many thought it was a poke in the eye for RGB.

Like this

Republicans Sell 'Notorious A.C.B.' T-Shirts Supporting Amy Coney Barrett -  WorldNewsEra

Edited by bustamente

23 minutes ago, do or die said:

In other words....extending the last 4 years....

Basically, but burning the whole thing down in a partisan temper tantrum. It's going to be a mess. A violent mess. Banana Republic transitions usually are. 

Edited by JCon