US Politics

Rich

44 minutes ago, do or die said:

Fly update:

Fly has never felt better. He did have the virus, but didn't want to cause a panic.  Fly now sits on the Wall and knows more about the virus than anybody.  

Fly simply wanted to provide Pence with moral support, but the fake news media, completely twisted the story.  Just like those horrible stories about Fly somehow spreading diseases....

Fly will be the CIA Director

I guess I’ll mention the elephant in the room here.  Do any of you talk to blue collar Americans?  They can cite specific examples of how Trump is good for THEIR economy.  This election will come down to the economy, that’s the bottom line. Yes, Obama had implemented some things when Trump took office, but Trump has also had an impact. 

26 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I guess I’ll mention the elephant in the room here.  Do any of you talk to blue collar Americans?  They can cite specific examples of how Trump is good for THEIR economy.  This election will come down to the economy, that’s the bottom line. Yes, Obama had implemented some things when Trump took office, but Trump has also had an impact. 

Got any statistics? You live on a farms right?

“President Donald Trump is continuing to try and funnel money to rural America and to farmers as the election approaches. 

During Trump’s trade wars, farmers and manufacturing took a brunt of the hit. As the administration continued it’s war on the Affordable Care Act, funding to rural hospitals dried up and they began to close. Funding cuts to the Postal Service means rural post offices are also closing. Trump’s only option left is to continue flooding farmers with cash in hopes he can buy their loyalty.

Federal payments to farmers are projected to hit a record $46 billion this year as the White House funnels money to Mr. Trump’s rural base in the South and Midwest ahead of Election Day,” the New York Timesreported Monday.

Farmer bankruptcies have been record-setting as well with another 8 percent increase charted August 2019-2020. “

Directly caused by his chinese tariffs, while he personally gets paid millions by China.

If there any benefits to glue collar workers under Trump, it is accidental.

right now hes attempting to destroy the little bit of healthcare that they have. Whike lying about in ads that I have sen, saying hes protecting it.

Friking ipad spelcheck

Edited by Mark F

21 hours ago, Mark F said:

Can someone postearly voting 18 to 29?

I cant.

they are really turning out.

going to world wide Fireworks and parties after trump gets hammered.

Lots of tweeting / news yesterday about how youth early voting is exploding in the USA.  Here's the source story on that:

https://circle.tufts.edu/latest-research/absentee-and-early-voting-youth-2020-election

Edited by johnzo

23 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Got any statistics? You live on a farms right?

“President Donald Trump is continuing to try and funnel money to rural America and to farmers as the election approaches. 

During Trump’s trade wars, farmers and manufacturing took a brunt of the hit. As the administration continued it’s war on the Affordable Care Act, funding to rural hospitals dried up and they began to close. Funding cuts to the Postal Service means rural post offices are also closing. Trump’s only option left is to continue flooding farmers with cash in hopes he can buy their loyalty.

Federal payments to farmers are projected to hit a record $46 billion this year as the White House funnels money to Mr. Trump’s rural base in the South and Midwest ahead of Election Day,” the New York Timesreported Monday.

Farmer bankruptcies have been record-setting as well with another 8 percent increase charted August 2019-2020. “

Directly caused by his chinese tariffs, while he personally gets paid millions by China.

If there any benefits to glue collar workers under Trump, it is accidental.

right now hes attempting to destroy the little bit of healthcare that they have. Whike lying about in ads that I have sen, saying hes protecting it.

Friking ipad spelcheck

As I said, I got my info from talking to Americans.  Do you have a link for that farm info? Farmers are a minuscule part of the voting population, and most lean towards conservatives and will not change. Funnelling money to them seems like poor politics, at best. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

As I said, I got my info from talking to Americans.  Do you have a link for that farm info? Farmers are a minuscule part of the voting population, and most lean towards conservatives and will not change. Funnelling money to them seems like poor politics, at best. 

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/trump-keeps-funneling-money-to-farmers-and-rural-america-ahead-of-the-election-topping-out-at-46-billion/

5 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Are people willing to vote for Trump a reliable source though? What do they cite as things Trump as done to help them? Realistically the only thing Trump has done is a tax cut for the wealthy which help a small segment of people. Other than that what policy's he put in place? He really has been a do nothing president other than half baked ludicrous ideas.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Are people willing to vote for Trump a reliable source though? What do they cite as things Trump as done to help them? Realistically the only thing Trump has done is a tax cut for the wealthy which help a small segment of people. Other than that what policy's he put in place? He really has been a do nothing president other than half baked ludicrous ideas.

They like his trade deals, and for the most part, the TPP definitely favours America. The previous campaign also appeared half baked and ludicrous, then he won.  I think there is a significant portion of the American population that we don’t hear about from their media - we hear about the Biden supporters and the Trump extremists. 

They like his trade deals, and for the most part, the TPP definitely favours America. The previous campaign also appeared half baked and ludicrous, then he won.  I think there is a significant portion of the American population that we don’t hear about from their media - we hear about the Biden supporters and the Trump extremists. 

Oh I am not questioning whether people believe it. Obviously they do, only questioning the truth to it. Trump really hasn't done much of anything and I am curious the specifics of it all. 

They like his trade deals, and for the most part, the TPP definitely favours America

TPp is one of many agreements that Trump walked away from.

Im not sure Trump has completed any trade agreements, except a bit of tinkering with Nafta.

Edited by Mark F

On 2020-10-24 at 9:43 AM, bustamente said:

Last night I watched a doc about Pete Souza WH photographer as he chronicled Obama's tenure in the WH, truly one of the best presidents the States has ever had, he was everything the current one isn't, Trump is the president that never should of been

That is an amazing and powerful documentary.

17 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Trump cannot win without Iowa, Ohio and Wisconsin.  If other farmers in other states "benefit" from this avalanche of  ag welfare, it's totally worthwhile for him if it works.

I don't understand how this free money is ok under NAFTA 2.0.