US Politics

Rich

40 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He is going to burn the place to the ground during the lame duck period isn't he? That is the dumbest thing American politics has.

I read an article that basically equated trump and the States relationship as a abusive relationship with a Malignant Narcissist. The break up is going to be a violent one where the MN lashes out and does eveything in it's power to hurt and humiliate the other.

It's going to be a dark period in USA history.

On 2020-10-20 at 11:30 AM, johnzo said:

I will celebrate when Trump is no longer president and I will celebrate when the ****** is in the ground. 

But I agree with Colin: so far, the guy has started way fewer wars than the typical GOP president in my lifetime.

It's hard for me to pick between Bush II and Trump.  Bush II killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and left things way more ****** up than they were, and he figured that the USA could tame Afghanistan when every empire in history that has tried became not-an-empire shortly afterwards. 

Who to choose between a semiserious cabal of couchstain war pigs who tried to bomb the Middle East into Pax Americana and the lunatic thief who is prying all the copper pipes out of the White House while the country gets more divided and coronavirus runs rampant?

I would respectfully submit the only reason this is so is because he, his administration and the GOP have been too busy physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually burning down their own country (also known as MAGA) to find any sort of time to focus their concerted adversarial efforts on other countries other than lobbying a few feeble words in their general vicinity.   

This is truly heartless, bullshit nonsense. It’s unimaginable that in this day and age a country would do this. Especially one that used to be considered a First World Nation.

There could be nothing worse than separating children from their parents and whoever thought of this should be punished. And the same for those who carried it out. I’d rather be court-marshalled or fired before I would agree to this.

Watching with interest....a lot of Banana Republicans, in the last couple of weeks......inching and crawling their way....away from Donald J. Trump

Well, over the last four years, they ignored one chance after another to stand up to Trump.   Turned a blind eye (or simply averted their gaze) to Trump's xenophobia, conspiracy theories, exploitation of racial divisions, and personal corruption..... all the while, swallowing his insults.  Former staunch critics like Ted Cruz and Lindsay Graham, morphed into total bootlicking MAGA men.

Not that there was any shortage of opportunities to make at least some sort of a stand.....to name just a few:

Denigrating American allies and cozening up to dictators
Muslim ban
End run around the Legislative branch to fund some of his Wall (all 6 new miles of it)
Downplaying Russian attacks on elections, throwing US intelligence agencies under the bus, for Putin, at Helsinki
Separating families at the border, putting kids in cages
Bypassing the Senate to name multiple acting Cabinet members, against the law
Helping the Saudis and their bone saw Prince, cover up the murder of a Washington Post Journalist
Calling American soldiers “suckers and losers.”
Trying to extort the Ukrainian president to help Trump dig up dirt on a political opponent
Gutting the ranks of inspectors general, to stifle genuine accountability of the executive branch,
Calling on his Attorney General to jail political opponents
Teargassing peaceful protesters, to make room for a photo-op
Not allowing witnesses or evidence at Trump's Impeachment Trial

All this, of course.... without even going into all the lies, deception, coverups and willful ignorance by Trump and many in his administration, which led to the disastrous US response on Covid.  Which, in terms of denying science and spreading disinformation, and displaying total hypocrisy..... still continues to this day.

Do these people really think it is going to be that easy to wash all that stink off?  Pretend that Trump was just the guy who brought the red hats and the tanning oil?   Or hope that history will somehow fail to record and narrate their total cowardliness and lack of integrity?

My advice to these GOP flunkies.....is to just shut up, and prepare to take the medicine.

Stealing children is an aspect of a fascist state.

The savage dictatorship in Argentina did it. 

“A particular aspect of the terror involved kidnapping pregnant women and taking them to secret detention centers where they were held until they had their babies. After giving birth, the mothers were killed and the babies were given to families that wanted children and that had close ties to the government. The children of people deemed subversive by the government were also kidnapped. Approximately 220 babies were raised in adopted homes as a result of these brutal practices.”

Part of regaining some trust from the world will be jail for the scum responsible for this. And not just some low level grunt doing what they were told. 

This had high level approval.

Could be Stephen Miller, getting a bit concerned at this point.

They just cant do the Obama “forward not back” . b.s.

Edited by Mark F

11 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

My gawd, what a difference in mannerisms, speech and truthfulness. It’s  a gall darn pleasure to listen to a sane President.

“Our democracy is not gonna work if the people who are supposed to be our leaders lie every day and just make things up,” Obama said. “This notion of truthfulness, and democracy and citizenship and being responsible. These aren't Republican or Democratic principles, they’re American principles. … And we need to reclaim them.”

4 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I would respectfully submit the only reason this is so is because he, his administration and the GOP have been too busy physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually burning down their own country (also known as MAGA) to find any sort of time to focus their concerted adversarial efforts on other countries other than lobbying a few feeble words in their general vicinity.   

Respectfully, I think that if Trump could make a dollar from invading New Brunswick -- maybe to help get Trump Tower Fredericton built -- he would not hesitate. 

I don't think that Trump is some saintly dove, it's just that war doesn't seem to be his grift (so far)

And this is the only thing about him that was a pleasant surprise. I was real scared he was gonna be lobbing cruise missiles (and worse) all over the goddamn place as soon as he was elected, completely ******* up the world just to put some "wartime president" shine on his ass.  For whatever reason, that didn't happen.

(and none of this is to suggest that Donald Trump is anything more than a skinsuit of sewage.  it's just that this one particular fear of mine hasn't come true so far.  I've got scars from 2003, watching this country leroy jenkins itself in Iraq)

Edited by johnzo

24 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Stealing children is an aspect of a fascist state.

The savage dictatorship in Argentina did it. 

“A particular aspect of the terror involved kidnapping pregnant women and taking them to secret detention centers where they were held until they had their babies. After giving birth, the mothers were killed and the babies were given to families that wanted children and that had close ties to the government. The children of people deemed subversive by the government were also kidnapped. Approximately 220 babies were raised in adopted homes as a result of these brutal practices.”

Part of regaining some trust from the world will be jail for the scum responsible for this. And not just some low level grunt doing what they were told. 

This had high level approval.

Could be Stephen Miller, getting a bit concerned at this point.

They just cant do the Obama “forward not back” . b.s.

Miller is a ******* stealth snake.  Guy is all over the White House immigration policy but nowhere on the record.  Real mob style operator.

I'm wondering who he sees holding him accountable for what he's done.

Back in 2008 I seriously wanted the DOJ to put John Yoo on trial, but I trusted Obama when he said that we needed to turn that page.  No more.  I want Miller to be testifying under oath before Congress about what he did in the White House. Trump is in the crosshairs of a lots and lots of gunfighter prosecutors who want to put his notch on their irons, so I'm pretty sure that guy is gonna see a cell, but Miller is the guy I really don't want to get away.

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Watching with interest....a lot of Banana Republicans, in the last couple of weeks......inching and crawling their way....away from Donald J. Trump

Well, over the last four years, they ignored one chance after another to stand up to Trump.   Turned a blind eye (or simply averted their gaze) to Trump's xenophobia, conspiracy theories, exploitation of racial divisions, and personal corruption..... all the while, swallowing his insults.  Former staunch critics like Ted Cruz and Lindsay Graham, morphed into total bootlicking MAGA men.

Not that there was any shortage of opportunities to make at least some sort of a stand.....

All this, of course.... without even going into all the lies, deception, coverups and willful ignorance by Trump and many in his administration, which led to the disastrous US response on Covid.  Which, in terms of denying science and spreading disinformation, and displaying total hypocrisy..... still continues to this day.

Do these people really think it is going to be that easy to wash all that stink off?  Pretend that Trump was just the guy who brought the red hats and the tanning oil?   Or hope that history will somehow fail to record and narrate their total cowardliness and lack of integrity?

My advice to these GOP flunkies.....is to just shut up, and prepare to take the medicine.

I hope those that enabled, drew cover and defended trump's worst failings get their comeuppance. Their honestly needs to be some sort of reckoning from all of this, otherwise it's pretty much green light from here on in for this type of politics.... and that can't be.

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Obama ripping Trump a new one in Philadelphia right now

Good to see, take those gloves off!

19 minutes ago, do or die said:

“Our democracy is not gonna work if the people who are supposed to be our leaders lie every day and just make things up,” Obama said. “This notion of truthfulness, and democracy and citizenship and being responsible. These aren't Republican or Democratic principles, they’re American principles. … And we need to reclaim them.”

Solid words, fantastic speech.

15 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Respectfully, I think that if Trump could make a dollar from invading New Brunswick -- maybe to help get Trump Tower Fredericton built -- he would not hesitate. 

I don't think that Trump is some saintly dove, it's just that war doesn't seem to be his grift (so far)

And this is the only thing about him that was a pleasant surprise. I was real scared he was gonna be lobbing cruise missiles (and worse) all over the goddamn place as soon as he was elected, completely ******* up the world just to put some "wartime president" shine on his ass.  For whatever reason, that didn't happen.

(and none of this is to suggest that Donald Trump is anything more than a skinsuit of sewage.  it's just that this one particular fear of mine hasn't come true so far.  I've got scars from 2003, watching this country leroy jenkins itself in Iraq)

If trump could benefit from an invasion without suffering too much political capital... he do it in a ******* heartbeat.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy