US Politics

Rich

Trump picked a bad day to trash Fauci...

The NAM just awarded #TonyFauci a second citation -- the first in the history of the Academy of Medicine, for "outstanding service as a trusted advisor to six Presidents" and "firm leadership in the #COVID19 crisis" -- 
1st ever to any scientist. Fauci: "I'm rendered speechless."

I was going to out this in the covid19 thread... but had to put it in here instead, because of the continuing politicalization of covid 19bi  the states.

What is really disconcerting and very telling about the sad state of affairs in the states in regards to covid and one of the driving factors of how poorly they are handling it is that number, 40. 

40% of those polled believe the information that trump spouts out of his pie hole... 40%! Sheesh.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

It's since been authenticated when Biden's lawyer asked if his client could have "his" laptop back.

which means what exactly? Cause to me if you know someone is making **** up a simple way to refute it is to ask for something back that they don't have. 

Even the most blindly conservative people have got to admit that this entire thing is too insane to be believable. 

None of it adds up, and when you consider how hard the Trump team is trying to make a big deal out of Hunter Biden it just loses even more. 

Christ Joe Biden has been in politics for 100 years, this is the best you can come up with to make him seem unappealing? It's just lazy. Guarantee it's just more projection from Trump "Well my kids do this kind of shitty thing, so Biden's kids must do it too"

30 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Even the most blindly conservative people have got to admit that this entire thing is too insane to be believable. 

And right on cue, Fox News refused to run with the story because they "questioned its authenticity"......so, as you were saying......

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

which means what exactly? Cause to me if you know someone is making **** up a simple way to refute it is to ask for something back that they don't have. 

None of it adds up, and when you consider how hard the Trump team is trying to make a big deal out of Hunter Biden it just loses even more. 

Christ Joe Biden has been in politics for 100 years, this is the best you can come up with to make him seem unappealing? It's just lazy. Guarantee it's just more projection from Trump "Well my kids do this kind of shitty thing, so Biden's kids must do it too"

You don't need to make things up to make Joe Biden seem unappealing. He does a fine enough job of that on his own. I'm not going to speak to the legitimacy of the leak but it deserves to be vetted. One thing is clear and that's that the whole thing seems extremely fishy. A man who was kicked out of the military for drug use and has  zero expertise in oil and gas and is given 20 million dollars a year to sit on the board of a ukrainian oil and gas company while his father is the Vice President of the United States. What's one thing about that that makes sense? 

One thing people need to keep in mind about Fox News and other Networks is that there is a big difference between the journalistic integrity on a show like Hannity or Tucker and the actual news hour. Hannity and Tucker are hosting shows that are primarly there for entertainment purposes and are opinion based. Similar to the difference you'd see during CNN's news hour and Don Lemon. 

6 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

You don't need to make things up to make Joe Biden seem unappealing. He does a fine enough job of that on his own.

Please elaborate... Because you know what the biggest gripe Democratic supporters have with Biden? He's too much of a moderate willing to extend the hand and work with Republicans.

So I would love to hear what makes Biden so unappealing to an obviously right wing person. 

18 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

You don't need to make things up to make Joe Biden seem unappealing. He does a fine enough job of that on his own. I'm not going to speak to the legitimacy of the leak but it deserves to be vetted. One thing is clear and that's that the whole thing seems extremely fishy. A man who was kicked out of the military for drug use and has  zero expertise in oil and gas and is given 20 million dollars a year to sit on the board of a ukrainian oil and gas company while his father is the Vice President of the United States. What's one thing about that that makes sense? 

One thing people need to keep in mind about Fox News and other Networks is that there is a big difference between the journalistic integrity on a show like Hannity or Tucker and the actual news hour. Hannity and Tucker are hosting shows that are primarly there for entertainment purposes and are opinion based. Similar to the difference you'd see during CNN's news hour and Don Lemon. 

So the fact that Fox News killed the story due to questions about authenticity...does what for your point, exactly?

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Please elaborate... Because you know what the biggest gripe Democratic supporters have with Biden? He's too much of a moderate willing to extend the hand and work with Republicans.

So I would love to hear what makes Biden so unappealing to an obviously right wing person. 

What i don't like about him is that he's far too right wing for me on war.  Im sure establishment democrats will vote for him but many progressives will pass. I don't even think he's a moderate democrat. He's a right wing democrat. He brought in the horrible laws that throws people in jail for being addicted to drugs. But I don't like he the most because he was the candidate that was used to block Bernie Sanders. Biden was very few people's first choice. A lot of people were preferring Buitigag in the right wing establishment democrat lane because they felt Joe Biden was too old. I don't view Biden as a serious candidate to be President. He's the candidate who was used to block Bernie and is now being used to try and win the white house back but is unlikely to be making real decisions and unlikely to fulfill his term.

On social issues I'm left leaning and I thought I was on war as well but it doesn't look like the democrats are actually anti-war.  I like some progressive ideas when it comes to economics and some right wing ideas. I like Universal basic income to replace old age pension and welfare. As wellfare is anti-productive because its really hard to get off of wellfare. Its hard to go from wellfare to fulltime employment. The natural step for many on wellfare would be to work part time at first but the problem is that a large percent of their welfare income is reduced when they work part time minimum wage so they often don't bother. Universal income would make more sense and would provide for full incentive to at least work part time. I don't agree with progressive on the tax code though. I think that if the wealthy had to pay 90% tax rate it would cause a negative trickle down effect. When it comes to law and order I'm a fan of it. I want enforcement of laws but I also want many things legalized like drug use.  Having drugs being illegal makes them that much cooler to young people which i think ends up increasing their usage. Weed is one thing but when they start getting into stuff like crystal meth it really can ruin their lives. I'm a believer in requiring people who are caught doing drugs to seek education on drugs as well as programs designed to help them get off of drugs rather than sending people who have an addiction to jail for possessing drugs which further damages their lives and their prospects of getting clean. Overall I identify most as being progressive but really I'm an independent. 

21 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

So the fact that Fox News killed the story due to questions about authenticity...does what for your point, exactly?

It does nothing to the point I made that it's common sense that there's something fishy about the Hunter Biden story. At most it speaks negatively towards Rudy Guiliani and his lack of credibility. 

8 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

What i don't like about him is that he's far too right wing for me on war.  Im sure establishment democrats will vote for him but many progressives will pass. I don't even think he's a moderate democrat. He's a right wing democrat. He brought in the horrible laws that throws people in jail for being addicted to drugs. But I don't like he the most because he was the candidate that was used to block Bernie Sanders. Biden was very few people's first choice. A lot of people were preferring Buitigag in the right wing establishment democrat lane because they felt Joe Biden was too old. I don't view Biden as a serious candidate to be President. He's the candidate who was used to block Bernie and is now being used to try and win the white house back but is unlikely to be making real decisions and unlikely to fulfill his term.

On social issues I'm left leaning and I thought I was on war as well but it doesn't look like the democrats are actually anti-war.  I like some progressive ideas when it comes to economics and some right wing ideas. I like Universal basic income to replace old age pension and welfare. As wellfare is anti-productive because its really hard to get off of wellfare. Its hard to go from wellfare to fulltime employment. The natural step for many on wellfare would be to work part time at first but the problem is that a large percent of their welfare income is reduced when they work part time minimum wage so they often don't bother. Universal income would make more sense and would provide for full incentive to at least work part time. I don't agree with progressive on the tax code though. I think that if the wealthy had to pay 90% tax rate it would cause a negative trickle down effect. When it comes to law and order I'm a fan of it. I want enforcement of laws but I also want many things legalized like drug use.  Having drugs being illegal makes them that much cooler to young people which i think ends up increasing their usage. Weed is one thing but when they start getting into stuff like crystal meth it really can ruin their lives. I'm a believer in requiring people who are caught doing drugs to seek education on drugs as well as programs designed to help them get off of drugs rather than sending people who have an addiction to jail for possessing drugs which further damages their lives and their prospects of getting clean. Overall I identify most as being progressive but really I'm an independent. 

It does nothing to the point I made that it's common sense that there's something fishy about the Hunter Biden story. At most it speaks negatively towards Rudy Guiliani and his lack of credibility. 

So essentially you're all over the map in what you want... so why in gods name would you defend Trump? Anti war? Well I dunno that Trump is as antiwar as all that. If he saw a personal benefit to a war he'd start one no questions asked. He has already stepped pretty close to that line with Iran. If you are left leaning on on social issues why Trump? He's full on with the Republicans backwards social agenda. You talk about education for drug crimes with is the complete antithesis to Trumps law and order campaign planks (which what he means is lock em all up in the corporate prison system the US has going) 

Everything you have listed Biden is a better fit than Trump for your opinions IMO with the one exception, your anti-progressive taxation belief. Which is a pretty flimsy thing to use to justify supporting a pretty shitty party and president because every single study shows that trickle down economics don't work and a progressive taxation scheme is vastly superior. It's why everyone in the economics field has said Bidens plan will see a better economic recovery than Trumps. 

More and more it appears that you just have this irrational dislike of democrats, likely as a result of shunning legitimate news sources in favour of agenda pushing right wing news sources. That's my take anyway. Why else prefer an out and out criminal fascist over a right leaning Democrat?

As for Hunter Biden.... the exact point is that Guiliani has no credibility and pawned off this story hoping it would be damaging to Biden's election chances.

3 hours ago, bustamente said:

Biden's son Hunter is by no means an angel but the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree with half scoops

Trump senior “ Donald Trump junior? Don’t really know him, I’ve been at some events that he was at, but I’ve never spoken to him”

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Trump senior “ Donald Trump junior? Don’t really know him, I’ve been at some events that he was at, but I’ve never spoken to him”

my favourite is Trump not wanting to name him after himself because he was afraid he would be a failure. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

my favourite is Trump not wanting to name him after himself because he was afraid he would be a failure. 

Fail.

Just now, Mr Dee said:

Wah..

They sent a letter to the Campaign Commission to lodge this complaint and ended the letter saying, don’t send a response to Biden because they all know what the answer would be.

Trump campaign demands last debate on Thursday be about foreign policy instead of announced topics.

So, the Trump campaign currently objects to one of the topics being about the Virus.   Imagine that.
220,000 and counting dead Americans..... move along, nothing to see here, business as usual, 10 out of 10.