US Politics

Rich

“In a July 2020 video, (Jimmy) Dore erroneously said Joe Biden "hosted a black face affair with a bunch of rich white people" before Dore showed an altered clip which darkened the face of black singer Jerome Powell.[21] One day after the video was uploaded it received over 100,000 views, and has since been removed from YouTube.”

great source.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

“In a July 2020 video, (Jimmy) Dore erroneously said Joe Biden "hosted a black face affair with a bunch of rich white people" before Dore showed an altered clip which darkened the face of black singer Jerome Powell.[21] One day after the video was uploaded it received over 100,000 views, and has since been removed from YouTube.”

great source.

Ok. I’m glad there are so many great sources out there that never make mistakes.

Hunter Biden again, it was a nothing burger before and it's still a nothing burger. Do some reading about this whole "scandal" and it quickly falls apart as nothing more than an attempt to give this things any kind of life. 

And why is Trump trying to hammer Biden on nepotism when his kids and their idiot spouses have jobs in the administration? When they can't even qualify for security clearances? 

15 hours ago, do or die said:

17 Million Americans have now voted.
Now, they simply may all be rushing to re-elect Trump.    But I seriously doubt it

And in some cases people have waited 9 hours to vote (curiously enough, reports are that the longest waits seem to always pop up in districts that are predominantly black). This is 3 weeks out from Election Day. Imagine how slow voting will be on the day of. 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

And in some cases people have waited 9 hours to vote (curiously enough, reports are that the longest waits seem to always pop up in districts that are predominantly black). This is 3 weeks out from Election Day. Imagine how slow voting will be on the day of. 

There was an interesting tweet in the last few days by a black person asking white people how long they have to wait in line.  Not one person said more than 2 hours and there were a lot of replies.

Anecdotal, I know...

14 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Here is a Wikipedia bio of Mr. Dore. Like Donald Trump, I just put it out there and let others decide. Unlike Donald Trump, if asked, I will take a position and not pretend I don’t know anything while spreading information or potential mis-information (IMO this guy is not credible). 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Dore

And here is some context to the NY Post story itself and the Twitter and Facebook blocking by snopes.com, take it for what it is worth:

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/10/15/hunter-biden-laptop-giuliani/

The article was explicit about rumblings that the e-mails were forged, but did not explore it in too much depth. Still, even the sequence of events as reported by the Post in obtaining the laptop would raise many eyebrows. If this was courtroom evidence, I know a boatload of lawyers who would line up to cross examine the witness on it, lots of holes to attack in that story. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Intelligence officials warned Trump that Giuliani was target of Russian influence campaign: report
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/521328-intelligence-officials-warned-trump-that-giuliani-was-target-of

Rudy Giuliani Changes Laptop Story, Now Claims Hunter Biden Left It at Store
https://www.mediaite.com/radio/rudy-giuliani-changes-laptop-story-now-claims-hunter-biden-left-it-at-store/

11 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Ok. I’m glad there are so many great sources out there that never make mistakes.

Nice attempt at deflection. However, the point that was being made isn’t that other news agencies aren’t mistake-prone (of course they all are to varying degrees), the point is that your source is. And your (IMO defensive) response acknowledges that your source is questionable. So be it. 
My question for you though is, since you  have avoided the mainstream media as you yourself put it “I don’t want to continue to be misinformed” then why do you castigate them and yet give your guy a pass for his misinformed takes? Is it more-so that he fits your worldview and validates your opinions, so you see him as more credible? 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Nice attempt at deflection. However, the point that was being made isn’t that other news agencies aren’t mistake-prone (of course they all are to varying degrees), the point is that your source is. And your (IMO defensive) response acknowledges that your source is questionable. So be it. 
My question for you though is, since you  have avoided the mainstream media as you yourself put it “I don’t want to continue to be misinformed” then why do you castigate them and yet give your guy a pass for his misinformed takes? Is it more-so that he fits your worldview and validates your opinions, so you see him as more credible? 

People who dismiss the mainstream media are not aware that the actual mainstream media follows codes of journalistic standards and ethics.  These standards should be available to view if you are willing to look for them.  Keep in mind that people like Ezra Levant have actually used the "I'm not a journalist" as a defense in libel cases.  Having taken journalism in college the first rule is that if you don't have multiple sources for your story, it will not run.

Distrust in media totally ignores freedom of the press and that the press in all it's legitimate forms is meant to hold those in power accountable.

Edited by Wideleft