US Politics

Rich

In regards to the debate, I think Harris answered more of the actual questions that were asked by the inept moderator. Pence seemed to want to give answers on questions already gone by. His terrible habit of droning on after his time was up was very frustrating and showed he had no respect for the process. Pence was very bad at not answering the questions asked and went about his own agenda. Both sides had their moments and both sides were also misleading.
This debate was just a step above useless especially when the moderator cannot control what was going on right in front of her.
No change in voting decisions after this one I would think, but it certainly showed who was more respectful. Hands down...Harris.
These debates are not about who “won” them but more so exposure, and the last two debates certainly exposed the Trump administration for who they are..
Most memorable line for me was Harris:  "called the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the U.S. the greatest failure of any presidential administration in the history of our country."

“Thank you Vice President”

Now This Politics highlighted the moderator having to say this phrase 37 times in order to try and stem the flow of a disrespectful Pence when he was giving some sort of answer and going over his allotted time.

Edited by Mr Dee

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Thank you. That means you won’t be wasting our time.

So he’s quitting? This seems so off- brand for a guy who has declared bankruptcy 6 times, had 2 failed marriages, has settled over 100 personal lawsuits against him, and dodged the draft 5 times. 

Biden should wait until just before the debate (or at the debate) to use the “quitter” tag for his campaign. Don’t want to goad Trump too early and guilt him into attending, better that you have an uninterrupted voice to answer the questions of the American people solo and continually point out that you are the one candidate willing to stand up and be accountable to them. 

33 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Huh, words from the potus matter... who knew?

I remember when he said that and thought... "yeah, some yahoo is going to take that and run with it..."

The next plot i think will originate from "stand down and standby."

Words from the most powerful office in the world matter....

Hillary!!

42 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Huh, words from the potus matter... who knew?

I remember when he said that and thought... "yeah, some yahoo is going to take that and run with it..."

The next plot i think will originate from "stand down and standby."

Words from the most powerful office in the world matter....

A week ago, he told his armed supporter nazi gangs to go to polling places and "observe" voting. Of course, that's totally illegal but everyone has forgotten because at the same time, he also told the the Nazi Proud Boys to stand by and wait for further direction. That distracted everyone but not the nazi gangs. 

There will be violence and intimidation at the polls. We saw it two years ago and now it's going to be worse. 

Trump is crying that under the new format......"They could cut me right off!"
Seems pretty unfair, given that Trump only interrupted Biden 145 times in the first debate.

Trump also complaining that the organizers are "protecting Biden"   Sure.  Protecting him from Covid positive Trump.

Biden has stated that he will show up, and without Trump.....take questions from the stage.  
Ouch.  The optics of a President ducking a scheduled debate with his challenger are simply awful for the GOP. 

On the other hand, under the no-interruption format  - there is plenty of potential for Trump to make an even bigger fool out of himself, than the first debate.

To me, the wrong guy is running for a second term as President. As a Presidential candidate, Mike Pence would probably have garnered more of the undecided Republican voters & more conservative Democratic voters who don't like the direction their party is going rather than the abomination running for President now. The Republicans had a chance to dump Trump but now for them it's too late. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

To me, the wrong guy is running for a second term as President. As a Presidential candidate, Mike Pence would probably have garnered more of the undecided Republican voters & more conservative Democratic voters who don't like the direction their party is going rather than the abomination running for President now. The Republicans had a chance to dump Trump but now for them it's too late. 

Pence is certainly better at defending Trump - than Trump

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's just Trump without the yelling. He's a sick, sick, mofo who doesn't even trust himself to be in a room alone with a woman. 

Edited by JCon