US Politics

Rich

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

This will be quite the challenge..

One thing I have learned from Dale, when he discusses the live fact checking he does, is that Trump repeats so many lies that Dale just pulls up the fact in a database he has. But, as Dale mentions above, if it's a new lie (or claim), he has to research it. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

One thing I have learned from Dale, when he discusses the live fact checking he does, is that Trump repeats so many lies that Dale just pulls up the fact in a database he has. But, as Dale mentions above, if it's a new lie (or claim), he has to research it. 

Bonus points for Dale for being Canadian

Deutsche bnk

Over two decades, Trump borrowed more than $2bn from Deutsche. In 2008, he defaulted on a $45m loan repayment and sued the bank. Its private wealth division in New York subsequently loaned Trump a further $300m – a move that bemused insiders and which has yet to be fully explained.”

default on loan, sue the lender, get a new loan for ten times the first  money.

nothing stinky there.

Edited by Mark F

5 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Didn't watch the debate, to busy watching the Yankees clobber Cleveland, but watching the various shows tonight I get the feeling that nobody learned anything new tonight.

I’ll give you a quick run down. Trump won’t stop interrupting, Biden stumbles words lots, both were like little kids yelling at each other. There all caught up 

Have been watching Presidential debates since the 70's.   Tonight was by far.... the most dismal, chaotic and inept debate, I have ever seen.  Period.

Biden had some verbal stumbles, missed some potential opportunities, and on a couple of occasions, simply dropped the ball, on his answers to the particular question asked.  

But in the end, hardly any one really noticed, as Trump put on a gob smacking performance for the ages..... time after time... he clearly demonstrated his total lack of any moral, and intellectual qualities, required of a President.  This was all delivered with the temperament of a agitated 12 year old.   Featuring serial interrupting, shouting, and of course....lying.    Some of his responses on issues (Covid, white supremacy, Biden's military son, among others) were simply astounding, and not in a good way.   Republicans are going to have to spin this, like never before....

Edited by do or die

You say debate, I say debacle. 
- Never seen anything like it. Of the three people on camera, only 2 adults showed up, but it was hard for Wallace and Biden to act accordingly with a Trump in the room continuing to interject with his weak and mostly false attacks.
- there was no need for fact checking...but interruption checking had Trump in the lead..by a lot
- no winner of the debate but there was a clear cut loser...aka the bully.
- Chris Wallace the moderator had a tough time bull riding.
- it would have been a lot better if they cut off the mics whenever there was an interruption. That would have happened often.
- if you were only looking for someone who conducted themselves better, then Biden is your man.
- “stand back and stand by”. After Biden denounced violence of any kind, this was Trump’s response when asked to tell White supremacists to stop the violence. No denouncement. He couldn’t or wouldn’t do it.
- best line of the night: "It's hard to get any word in with this clown," Biden offered. And that was a sad fact. He also chimed in “he’s a racist”
- Trump stuck to his usual denials and falsehoods and tried to pin down some dirt on Hunter Biden..but unsuccessfully. He presented nothing useful for the majority of Americans but I’m sure his racist followers were pleased and the rest of his cult couldn’t follow what was going on.
- Even though Canada’s hit TV show “Schitt’s Creek” has ended its run, there were definitely elements of a schitt show going on this night.
- there really was no substance and the prospect of two more debates seems useless, unless maybe Dwayne Johnson moderates. 
No, two more debates would just be a waste of everybody’s time and serve only as a platform for a raging madman who loves to perform.