US Politics

Rich

👁‍🗨 Guys getting a little loopy...

Attorney General William Barr drew sharp condemnation Thursday for likening lockdown orders during the coronavirus pandemic to slavery.

In remarks Wednesday night at an event hosted by Northern Virginia's Hillsdale College, Barr called the lockdown orders the "greatest intrusion on civil liberties" in American history "other than slavery."

Rep. James Clyburn of South Carolina, the No. 3 House Democratic leader, told CNN that Barr's remarks were "the most ridiculous, tone-deaf, God-awful things I've ever heard" because they wrongly equated human bondage with a measure aimed at saving lives.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-barr-coronavirus-protests-1.5727693

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Trump is either on his drugs or off them. He really sounds even more weird in his talks today.

Check this out...

I think he talks like that when he reads off the teleprompter, he really has to concentrate reading what is written because it's the first time he has seen what was written plus he is a functioning illiterate imbecile...................which turns me over to Barr

That's a big hole that AG Barr is digging, now is there anyone with the balls to push him him

Edited by bustamente

According to another attendee, it seemed “very clear” Kushner was less interested in finding a solution because, at the time, the virus was primarily ravaging cities in blue states: “We were flabbergasted. I basically had an out-of-body experience: Where am I, and what happened to America?” 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

According to another attendee, it seemed “very clear” Kushner was less interested in finding a solution because, at the time, the virus was primarily ravaging cities in blue states: “We were flabbergasted. I basically had an out-of-body experience: Where am I, and what happened to America?” 

That has to be one of the more punchable faces in the world, just looking at his face just pisses me off🤬, although when he talks like Gilbert Gottfried I laugh and go on with my day 😁

On 2020-09-11 at 8:51 AM, Mr Dee said:

Donald Trump has been widely mocked after playing Creedence Clearwater Revival‘s ‘Fortunate Son’ when arriving at a campaign rally in Michigan. (“Some folks are born, silver spoon in hand”)

The 1969 track was released at the height of the Vietnam war and offers a scathing take on military deferments and the safe positions that were offered to well-connected individuals at a time when millions of Americans were being drafted to the front line.

Singer John Fogerty previously said of the track: “The song speaks more to the unfairness of class than war itself. It’s the old saying about rich men making war and poor men having to fight them.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/donald-trump-mocked-for-absolute-irony-of-playing-fortunate-son-at-rally-2750668

Someone in his admin sure doesn't like President Cheeto!

10 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Now we wait and see what he does.

No one of course talks about how judges are to be non political and follow the rule of the law. That's why they have independence.  Justice is blind sort of thing.

Regardless of these smarmy senators, it's the people wearing the robes that I would challenge on this point.