US Politics

Rich

11 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I thought Tiffany was the invisible child. But Law? Wow, good for here.

Still feels a bit Legally Blonde.

You’re right about being invisible. I can’t remember reading or seeing anything about her and her father being in the same building since the RNC convention in 2016.

On 2020-08-23 at 6:12 AM, Mr Dee said:

Maryanne wasn’t invited to speak at the convention...

In Mary Trump's secret tapes, president's sister Maryanne calls brother 'stupid,' phony, 'cruel 
“He has no principles. None. None ... His goddamned tweet and lying, oh my God. I’m talking too freely, but you know. The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying. Holy ****.” — Donald Trump’s sister & former federal judge Maryanne Trump Barry

There's no Camelot with that whole family.

Fact checking the 1st night...

The Republican National Convention started off with a parade of dishonesty, in stark contrast with last week's Democratic convention. While CNN also watched and fact-checked the Democrats, those four nights combined didn't have the number of misleading and false claims made on the first night of the Republicans' convention.

“The first night of the 2020 Republican National Convention was a fire hose of false or misleading claim, mostly drawn from President Trump’s arsenal of falsehoods. Here are 19 claims that caught our attention.” 
The @washingtonpost factcheckers

The first night of the GOP Convention was filled with revisionist history and alternative reality, particularly on coronavirus. It's all aimed at rallying Trump's base and calling wavering Republicans home with ominous warnings about the Democratic agenda. Our story from @NewDay Jeff Zeleny

The RNC claiming Donald Trump has brilliantly handled COVID-19 is like claiming there were just the right number of life boats on the Titanic. - James Kosur

All I kept hearing, speech after speech, was how bad, how disgusting, how terrifying America is. The America that Donald Trump is responsible for during the last four years. The one where he had the house and Senate majority during first two years......Danilo Paolucci

They decided to call it the Republican National Convention because Fringe Festival was already taken. - Cam Cole

Amazing match-day highlights from the (virtual) Republican convention. Key theme: everything is everyone else’s fault. Peter Francopan

While Trump promised live appearances after railing against the Democrats, only 3 of Monday evening’s speeches were live. 25 minutes and 30 seconds of the 2 hours 24 minutes was live meaning under 18% . Kevin Bohn

👁‍🗨 More and more, they are abandoning ship, or did I spell that wrong...

Miles Taylor, other former and current admin officials form anti-Trump group
At least two senior officials currently serving in the Trump administration are joining the group, “anonymously, at least at the outset,” Taylor said.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/miles-taylor-other-former-current-admin-officials-form-anti-trump-n1237986

After watching Day 2 of the GOP Convention....it is time for a mea culpa.

Because of my reliance on deep state fake media, I have simply failed to realize that Donald Trump is actually a devoted husband with religious conviction, who values and respects all Americans, regardless of culture or race.  Donald Trump spends every waking hour, thinking about and tirelessly working to make America a better country, in every way.  He is best.

My credibility is shot, and my head is bowed in shame.....over my gin glass.