US Politics

Rich

On 2020-08-16 at 1:52 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Literally nothing about One America News Network is fair or balanced. It's pure trash: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/one-america-news-network/

What a syphilitic donkey.

And then there's this scathing article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/at-homeland-security-i-saw-firsthand-how-dangerous-trump-is-for-america/2020/08/17/f10bb92e-e0a3-11ea-b69b-64f7b0477ed4_story.html

Former Republican Governor & 2016 Presidential Republican Candidate John Kasich just publicly endorsed Joe Biden on the virtual broadcast of the Democratic National Convention this ev ening. That took some guts & probably finished his political career as a Republican. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Former Republican Governor & 2016 Presidential Republican Candidate John Kasich just publicly endorsed Joe Biden on the virtual broadcast of the Democratic National Convention this ev ening. That took some guts & probably finished his political career as a Republican. 

He was not the only Republican.

(CNN) - Former first lady Michelle Obama's speech at the Democratic National Convention was not just a powerful condemnation of President Donald Trump's record and handling of the pandemic, it was an appeal aimed at the heart and conscience of every American who has watched the chaos of the last four years and yearned to make things right.

In the centerpiece speech of the night, a searing indictment of her husband Barack Obama’s successor, Obama declared that Trump has mishandled the pandemic and failed to respond to outcries over the deaths of Black Americans. She warned that the nation would suffer more if he is elected to a second term.

“Let me be as honest and clear as I possibly can: Donald Trump is the wrong president for our country. He has had more than enough time to prove that he can do the job, but he is clearly in over his head. He cannot meet this moment. He simply cannot be who we need him to be for us,” she said, before quoting a line Trump used about covid-19 deaths in a recent interview: “It is what it is.”
https://apple.news/AenAOJJ9GToqo53vVwbq-5Q 

👁‍🗨 Dang those Obamas can give good speeches. Miles ahead of anything the Republicans have shown so far.

Edited by Mr Dee

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

(CNN) - Former first lady Michelle Obama's speech at the Democratic National Convention was not just a powerful condemnation of President Donald Trump's record and handling of the pandemic, it was an appeal aimed at the heart and conscience of every American who has watched the chaos of the last four years and yearned to make things right.

In the centerpiece speech of the night, a searing indictment of her husband Barack Obama’s successor, Obama declared that Trump has mishandled the pandemic and failed to respond to outcries over the deaths of Black Americans. She warned that the nation would suffer more if he is elected to a second term.

“Let me be as honest and clear as I possibly can: Donald Trump is the wrong president for our country. He has had more than enough time to prove that he can do the job, but he is clearly in over his head. He cannot meet this moment. He simply cannot be who we need him to be for us,” she said, before quoting a line Trump used about covid-19 deaths in a recent interview: “It is what it is.”
https://apple.news/AenAOJJ9GToqo53vVwbq-5Q 

👁‍🗨 Dang those Obamas can give good speeches. Miles ahead of anything the Republicans have shown so far.

Oh just wait, I'm sure Ted Nugent, Diamond and Silk will give a run for her money.

On January 18, 2019, a widely reported confrontation between groups of political demonstrators took place near the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. The interaction between teenager Nicholas Sandmann and Native American activist Nathan Phillips was captured on photos and videos. Videos released days later showed that initial media reactions had misrepresented and omitted critical details of the incident.[1][2][3] Reports of the incident triggered outrage in the United States, including calls to doxx the students.

25 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't think accusing everyone who is a Trump supporter to be automatically a racist,  that is just sheer ignorance.  

Why not? If you support a racist sexual predator... doesn't that mean you are ok with the racism and rape?

I mean... if someone was a David Duke supporter... I think it's fair to lump them in the racist group... I dont think there is a group for, "I'm not racist, but i condone racism and support this racist person" group. Some people think there is that group, but its really just the racist group.

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Why not? If you support a racist sexual predator... doesn't that mean you are ok with the racism and rape?

I mean... if someone was a David Duke supporter... I think it's fair to lump them in the racist group... I dont think there is a group for, "I'm not racist, but i condone racism and support this racist person" group. Some people think there is that group, but its really just the racist group.

If you support openly racist people because you agree with their racist policies, you may be a racist. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Support a racist you are ok with racism. 

So when you supported Trudeau you support racism and think black face is ok?  Is that what you are saying? I wasn't aware that you were a racist?  See how silly that argument is?

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

So when you supported Trudeau you support racism and think black face is ok?  Is that what you are saying? I wasn't aware that you were a racist?  See how silly that argument is?

Well i don't support trudeau... but seriously,  Trump's entire campaign and presidency has amounted to either racism or outright corruption. At this point anyone supporting Trump is fine with both of those things.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well i don't support trudeau... but seriously,  Trump's entire campaign and presidency has amounted to either racism or outright corruption. At this point anyone supporting Trump is fine with both of those things.

Sometimes people vote for the lesser of two evils.   Just because someone voted for a candidate doesn't mean they align 100% with their beliefs.   

Yes Trump is pure evil and a racist ,  I wouldn't call anyone who voted him a racist by default though.   

If I were to vote for Wab Kinew I don't support women beaters... maybe I support his views on putting money into education.   

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yup seriously. This go to cause it’s all I have whataboutism argument to defend and rationalize anyone who supports this insane man and his GOP enablers is weak, tiring, absurd and nonsensical.