US Politics

Rich

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Notice Stone doesn’t say there was nothing to turn on him. Unbelievable. Right in front of our eyes. 

Trump and cronies have devolved to the point where they do not care any more about public perception or the law. They have absolutely proven that they can do anything up to and including treason and get away with it without losing the support of either the GOP, the stacked courts or their 38 million or so lunatic fringe base. This may have given them the final incentive to go for the brass ring- seizing power in defiance of the sane electorate. 

Trump Wanted to Sell Puerto Rico After Hurricane Maria, His Former Homeland Security Head Says

President Donald Trump raised the possibility of selling hurricane-devastated Puerto Rico to his Secretary of Homeland Security in late 2017, The New York Times reports. Elaine Duke, a Republican who served as acting head of Homeland Security from July to December 2017, told the Times in an interview, “The president’s initial ideas were more of as a businessman, you know: Can we outsource the electricity? Can we sell the island? You know, or divest of that asset?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-wanted-to-sell-puerto-rico-after-hurricane-maria-former-homeland-security-head-says?ref=home?ref=home

11 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Trump finally wears a mask in public and says he was never against wearing them.........................too little, too late, too bad 

What- you do not think this will turn his image and prospects of re-election around?

Never Trump -

“Hi, my name is Josh and I live in North Carolina and I voted for Donald Trump — my bad, fam,” he begins, before explaining that this November will mark the first time “ever, ever” that he will vote for a Democrat. “If Joe Biden drops out and the DNC runs a tomato can, I will vote for the tomato can, because I believe the tomato can will do less harm than our current president.”

The unsolicited video submission to a group called Republican Voters Against Trump is just one small part of a broader “Never Trump” rebellion that began four years ago as a largely ineffective cadre of appalled Republicans, but which has transformed in recent weeks into a potentially disruptive force in this year’s presidential race.

On Sunday, Republican Voters Against Trump will air an ad during “Fox News Sunday,” a program Trump frequently watches, in North Carolina and Arizona highlighting 15 Republicans who voted for Trump in 2016 but will now vote for Biden.

It’s okay to change your mind,” the ad ends. “We did.”

https://apple.news/AGG1ljKZJQEmgpyVTtuWwew

6 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Never Trump -

“Hi, my name is Josh and I live in North Carolina and I voted for Donald Trump — my bad, fam,” he begins, before explaining that this November will mark the first time “ever, ever” that he will vote for a Democrat. “If Joe Biden drops out and the DNC runs a tomato can, I will vote for the tomato can, because I believe the tomato can will do less harm than our current president.”

The unsolicited video submission to a group called Republican Voters Against Trump is just one small part of a broader “Never Trump” rebellion that began four years ago as a largely ineffective cadre of appalled Republicans, but which has transformed in recent weeks into a potentially disruptive force in this year’s presidential race.

On Sunday, Republican Voters Against Trump will air an ad during “Fox News Sunday,” a program Trump frequently watches, in North Carolina and Arizona highlighting 15 Republicans who voted for Trump in 2016 but will now vote for Biden.

It’s okay to change your mind,” the ad ends. “We did.”

https://apple.news/AGG1ljKZJQEmgpyVTtuWwew

Maybe, just maybe, the tide of opinion among GOPers is starting to turn. Should Trump somehow stay in offce, at the end of another four years with him, it will be difficult to tell the US from North Korea or Russia.

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Well, just ask a couple of his ballwashers...

Is that using a soapy cloth or their tongues?

Maybe those people cheering on trump wearing a mask (it's almost like when a parent cheers on a child when they poop in a toilet, Yay lil' donnie!") have yet to see this pic of the "very stable genius" 3 mins after donning a mask.

EcuWRgOXkAAmmBR.jpg

14 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Is that using a soapy cloth or their tongues?

Maybe those people cheering on trump wearing a mask (it's almost like when a parent cheers on a child when they poop in a toilet, Yay lil' donnie!") have yet to see this pic of the "very stable genius" 3 mins after donning a mask.

EcuWRgOXkAAmmBR.jpg

And look how he is wearing the mask. Truly, Trump does not have the smarts of an average house plant.

Top Mueller Prosecutor Andrew Weissmann Announces Yet Another Explosive Trump Book

This week, Mary Trump’s tell-all book about her uncle will be released despite President Trump’s best attempts to block its publication. But, as if that wasn’t enough to upset him, another potentially explosive book about Trump was announced Monday morning. One of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s top prosecutors is set to release a book on the two-year investigation into the alleged ties between Russia and Trump’s 2016 campaign, the Associated Press reports. Andrew Weissmann’s Where Law Ends: Inside the Mueller Investigation will reportedly be published Sept. 29. “I felt it was necessary to record this episode in our history, as seen and experienced by an insider,” Weissman is quoted as saying in the announcement. “This is the story of our investigation into how our democracy was attacked by Russia and how those who condoned and ignored that assault undermined our ability to uncover the truth. My obligation as a prosecutor was to follow the facts where they led, using all available tools and undeterred by the onslaught of the president’s unique powers to undermine our work.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/andrew-weissmann-top-mueller-team-prosecutor-announces-yet-another-explosive-trump-book?ref=home

(Another nail in Trump's and the GOP's coffins But the sad truth is that to Trumpites this will make no difference at all in their fanatical zeal)

"The rats are leaving the sinking ship": Lindsey Graham agrees to let Robert Mueller testify

Mueller published an op-ed in The Washington Post expressing displeasure with Donald Trump commuting Roger Stone. Senate Judiciary Committee Charman Lindsey Graham (R-Sc) stunned political observers on Sunday by siding with Democrats to allow former special counsel Robert Mueller to testify before his committee about his investigation into the Donald Trump administration.

Following a Mueller op-ed published Saturday in The Washington Post expressing displeasure with Donald Trump commuting Roger Stone's sentence, Graham tweeted, "Apparently Mr. Mueller is willing – and also capable – of defending the Mueller investigation through an oped in the Washington Post," before adding, "Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee have previously requested Mr. Mueller appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee to testify about his investigation. That request will be granted."

(A threatened rodent bails out, soon to be followed by many others)