US Politics

Rich

12 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Tucker Carlson Accused Of Echoing White Supremacist Talking Points On Fox News

Fox News host's on-screen graphic is being compared to the infamous "14 words."  Fox News host Tucker Carlson is getting slammed on social media for an on-screen graphic that echoes a key white supremacist talking point.

With an image on the screen of Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) ― both women of color born overseas ― Carlson’s text warned that “we have to fight to preserve our nation & heritage.”
Critics said the phrase looked like an homage to the infamous “14 words,” or the white supremacist slogan “we must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.”

(The neo-fascists in the US becoing more and more overt as they sink in the polls)

He has ramped it up, but Carlson has always been a bigot.....and with Hannity as well as Ingraham....a troika of intolerance, misinformation and mendacity

1 hour ago, do or die said:

He has ramped it up, but Carlson has always been a bigot.....and with Hannity as well as Ingraham....a troika of intolerance, misinformation and mendacity

Scary to say, Carlson is being touted by some GOP as the replacement for Trump once the American voters get around to pulling the lever and flushing Trump away. 

Trump Threatens States: Send Kids Back to School During Raging Pandemic or Lose Funding

President Donald Trump has attempted to strong-arm state leaders into reopening schools during the raging coronavirus pandemic by threatening to revoke their funding. In a Wednesday morning tweet, Trump wrote: “In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS. The Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November Election, but is important for the children & families. May cut off funding if not open!” Trump followed up on his statement Wednesday morning, stating that he disagrees with the CDC guidelines for reopening schools. “I disagree with @CDCgov on their very tough & expensive guidelines for opening schools. While they want them open, they are asking schools to do very impractical things. I will be meeting with them!!!” the president tweeted.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-threatens-states-to-send-kids-back-to-school-during-raging-pandemic-or-lose-funding?ref=home

Impeachment Witness Lt. Col. Vindman Retires From Army, Citing Retaliation Campaign From Trump

Key impeachment inquiry witness Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman is retiring from the U.S. Army after 21 years of military service. Vindman reportedly made the decision after determining that his career would be stunted due to political retaliation from President Donald Trump and his allies. Vindman’s lawyer said he’d already experienced a “campaign of bullying, intimidation, and retaliation” from the president following his testimony in the impeachment inquiry last year. Trump fired Vindman as the National Security Council’s top Ukraine expert and shortly thereafter fired his twin brother, who had been an NSC lawyer. “The President of the United States attempted to force LTC Vindman to choose: Between adhering to the law or pleasing a President. Between honoring his oath or protecting his career. Between protecting his promotion or the promotion of his fellow soldiers,” said Vindman’s lawyer, Amb. David Pressman.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lt-col-alexander-vindman-retires-from-army-citing-retaliation-campaign-from-president-donald-trump

Kanye West swirls conspiracies about coronavirus vaccine: “They want to put chips inside of us"

West cast dark aspersions against a potential vaccine after purportedly launching his presidential campaign. Kanye West cast dark aspersions against a potential coronavirus vaccine as he launches a supposed presidential campaign.

The rapper and producer claims he had the potentially deadly virus in February, but West told Forbes he's in no hurry to get his children vaccinated — against coronavirus or other ailments.

"It's so many of our children that are being vaccinated and paralyzed," West claimed. "So when they say the way we're going to fix COVID is with a vaccine, I'm extremely cautious. That's the mark of the beast."

After comparing a potential vaccine, which multiple governments and companies are rushing to produce, to an apocalyptic symbol, West spouted off some widely held conspiracy theories about coronavirus prevention.

"They want to put chips inside of us, they want to do all kinds of things, to make it where we can't cross the gates of heaven," West said. "I'm sorry when I say they, the humans that have the Devil inside them. And the sad thing is that, the saddest thing is that we all won't make it to heaven, that there'll be some of us that do not make it. Next question."

https://www.salon.com/2020/07/08/kanye-west-swirls-conspiracies-about-coronavirus-vaccine-they-want-to-put-chips-inside-of-us_partner/

39 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Good God, please let this happen... this would be some next level irony and some serious schadenfreude that I will be partaking in.

You may wish to consider the Jewish adage, "Be careful what you wish for- you might get it.". If the GOP voters drop out of the voting, it could well give Trump another reason to declare the election invalid and refuse to leave power. He has already declared that the coing election is "rigged" and seems to be setting the scene for violence to come.

On 2020-07-07 at 11:20 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

Okay just for argument purposes both worlds you describe here are legitimately shite, Pre-Trump GOP administration and the current Trump GOP administration. 

Without able to change a thing and if you had to chose which of these worlds you had to live in which one would it be? 

I know my answer and it doesn't include deranged idiot at the helm.

Do I want to die by slow strangulation or by lazy piranha?  My main takeaway point was that the 2001-2009 GOP administration was a giant shitshow.  It's a natural thing to be nostalgic about, because we made it through that shitty time (so long as "we" doesn't include the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis who were killed) and because GWB was someone who could actually read from a teleprompter, so he seems like a statesman compared to the 24/7 bedshitting racist uncle we have now.

The thing that was really scary to me, as someone who was a brand new immigrant to the USA in 2003, was how the whole ******* country lost its mind after 9/11.  70% of Americans supported the Iraq invasion. America was cheering loudly as it carefully aimed an M-16 at its own wang.

The GOP of today -- the heir to Bush's GOP -- is a proto-fascist minority party full of venal mobsters, televangelist crooks, and tiny Goebbels.  Their prime directive is to loot the state. It's the USA they're ******* over. The wink at the Uighur genocide shows they don't really care about mass human liquidation, so long as the money is flowing in the right direction, which is basically how the USA has responded to most international genocides that it isn't directly responsible for, so no change there.

But I think the damage they've done can be fixed, and I think that they have created energy for a counter-revolution that could do some real good.  But I am an optimist.

Edited by johnzo

Good News!! Well, mostly. The SCOTUS has ruled that the president is not above the law, with two of Trumps appointees voting against him. That otta boil his pasta reall good. The court also ruled that he must disclose his financial records but proscribed that there is a lengthy process that must be followed, and that will take months. Beyond that, Trump's lawyers have said that they intend to delay any further investigations with endless appeals.

Edited by Tracker

Supreme Court grants NY prosecutors access to Trump's tax returns, rebuffs Congress
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/506539-supreme-court-grants-ny-prosecutors-access-to-trumps-tax-returns

and of course...

Trump complains of 'political prosecution' after SCOTUS rulings on financial records
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/506558-trump-complains-of-political-prosecution-after-scotus-rulings-on