US Politics

Rich

Donald J Trump takes no responsibility if you get Covid 19 at the rally tonight, make sure you cheer like idiots at all the words his holiness mumbles, buy lots of merch made in China, shakes hands, hug and maybe even cough and spit on people around you...................oh hope to see you at the ballot box and if not he doesn't care

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He's absolutely lost his mind. And it's so fun watching him go completely off the rails in unhinged lunatic fashion.

It’s no fun to me. If he had no real power, it would be fun to see him squirm and melt down, but given his position it’s a dangerous thing, and honestly at this point I’m convinced it won’t make a lick of difference to his supporters. If after 3.5 years of his behaviour you aren’t convinced that he is a horrible leader and person, nothing will sway you from voting for him. So there is no benefit to watching him burn himself, and his anger could trigger some real world consequences that no one wants to see. 

On 2020-06-19 at 9:34 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

What ******* planet is this anymore?

This is the USA, and it always has been. Maybe not the majority, but pretty close to it. And it is not any different than it has been, it’s just more overt than ever before and being called out more than ever before. “Ugly American” exists for a reason, and I have very little respect for the entire country any more. Maybe this next election will soften my views, but I’m pretty disgusted with the country as a whole right now (and I do have a number of individual American friends). 

Saturday - June 20 (so far)

Aaron Rupar 
- Trump on firing of Geoffrey Berman: "I'm not involved." (AG Barr says Trump gave the order to fire Berman.)
👁‍🗨 they can’t even get their lying straight

Aaron Rupar 
TRUMP: "The US economy is doing amazingly well ... the numbers that we're doing are record-setting numbers. We have record-setting job numbers." 

(The unemployment rate is over 13 percent! #UpIsDown)

👁‍🗨 Thick as a brick
- Trump rallygoer sans mask: “We had a friend who died from Covid, and his son was on a ventilator, he almost died. So we know it’s real, but then at the same time you don’t know what the facts are, you feel like maybe one side plays it one way and the other side plays it another.”

👁‍🗨 I like how Arnold puts it:
Former @GOP Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger: “The science is unanimous—if we all wear masks, we slow down the spread and can reopen safely. It’s not a political issue. Anyone making it a political issue is an absolute moron who can’t read.”

CBC news alerts
- BREAKING: U.S. federal judge rules that former national security adviser John Bolton can publish his tell-all book despite Trump administration efforts to block it

Dan Rather

Bernie Saunders
- Trump's rally in Tulsa is indoors, with no social distancing and no mask requirements—all in violation of CDC guidelines. Trump is willing to spread the COVID-19 virus in order to hear some cheers. He is a direct threat to the health of the American people. He must be defeated.

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Donald J Trump takes no responsibility if you get Covid 19 at the rally tonight, make sure you cheer like idiots at all the words his holiness mumbles, buy lots of merch made in China, shakes hands, hug and maybe even cough and spit on people around you...................oh hope to see you at the ballot box and if not he doesn't care

I have reached the stage where I accept that I am a horrible person for saying this, but I want an outbreak at the convention. I welcome red states having COVID spikes because of their defiance of common sense and safety. Not because it would show up Trump and make him look bad. Anyone who buys his BS will not be swayed, even if they get sick. I want a Repub pandemic because it will lessen their votes and voters in November and give the Dems a fighting chance in what I’m convinced will be a rigged election. And it will rid the world of a portion of the stupid and/or racist population. 

I hope it is "fake news" but did Biden really say that police should shoot enemies in the leg when they come charging with a knife?    I sure hope he's joking otherwise.... yikes the States have tweedle dee and tweedle dum running and will have no hope for the future.  

35 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I hope it is "fake news" but did Biden really say that police should shoot enemies in the leg when they come charging with a knife?    I sure hope he's joking otherwise.... yikes the States have tweedle dee and tweedle dum running and will have no hope for the future.  

America under Biden would be vastly better than 4 more years under trump... leg shooting comment or not.

Biden was never in my top five candidates for dem nom, but a ******* potato would be a better POTUS than trump. Biden is not a strong candidate, but- here we are. 

a ******* potato...

Morgan Chesky

NEW: Trump Campaign releases statement blaming “radical protestors” and “relentless onslaught from the media” for keeping supporters from attending. #NBCNews
Tim Murtaugh:
“Sadly, protestors interfered with supporters, even blocking access to the metal detectors, which prevented people from entering the rally.

Trump driveling along endlessly (and I mean endlessly) about his West Point visit

....how he saluted cadets 600 times, even though he was getting tired, and then his leather bottomed shoes forced him to use the ramp, and he manly refused help, and took the journey inch by inch, because, the fake news media was just waiting to him to fall, but he made it to the bottom regardless.....and his speech was terrific and fantastic, yadayadayadyyady ....

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Morgan Chesky

NEW: Trump Campaign releases statement blaming “radical protestors” and “relentless onslaught from the media” for keeping supporters from attending. #NBCNews
Tim Murtaugh:
“Sadly, protestors interfered with supporters, even blocking access to the metal detectors, which prevented people from entering the rally.

So they stopped all one Million of them.   Impressive.