US Politics

Rich

Authorities seized thousands of dollars of masks intended to shield protesters from COVID-19: report
"It appears they want to ensure that people who protest are susceptible to the deadly pandemic," the group says

The U.S. Postal Service told a Black Lives Matter-affiliated group that face masks it sent to protect protesters from the new coronavirus were seized by law enforcement, according to a new report.

The Movement for Black Lives bought tens of thousands of dollars worth of masks they planned to distribute to protesters marching against George Floyd's death and police brutality across the country, HuffPost reported. But the first shipment of 2,000 masks sent from Oakland to Washington, St. Louis, New York City and Minneapolis never left the state.

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/05/authorities-seized-thousands-of-dollars-of-masks-intended-to-shield-protesters-from-covid-19-report/

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Biden is playing it perfectly so far. Let Trump and the Republicans point the gun at their own feet and then just go out there and act like a calm rational person to show the difference.

I think Biden would be better served by pointing out all the lies spouted by Trump, but since Biden is prone to gaffes, silence may be the best option. Oh, Bernie and Elizabeth, we miss ye.

Just now, 17to85 said:

Biden is playing it perfectly so far. Let Trump and the Republicans point the gun at their own feet and then just go out there and act like a calm rational person to show the difference.1

Biden's thinking more Bible/Church photops please.

Oh you just told the world that you're hoping George Floyd is looking down at us so George can see how great things are.

Even better. Keep that up.

How far off to November?

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I just want to see the Democrats actually get serious about rooting out the corruption in the Republican party. Don't go for the same old "moving past and healing crap, nail these assholes to wall. 

You may be disappointed.In the past, Democrats have been into the trough about as much as the Republicans and there is a tradition that an incoming administration does not look too long or hard ar the outgoing one.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

How stupid Is this guy.   What a POS saying kneeling players were protesting the flag.   I would love if every sports team including the jets and bombers knelt one day one.  

:

Despots and would-be despots as well as crap media try to invoke two passions to manipulate people: fear and anger, and anger is always a secondary emotion. In sufficient 

Kayleigh McEnany may have committed fraud by voting Florida when living in DC: report
White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany listens to a reporter’s question at a White House press briefing Wednesday, May 6, 2020, in the James S. Brady Press Briefing 

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has carried the flag for President Donald Trump’s campaign against mail-in voting, delivering false warnings the process is rife with voter fraud. But McEnany herself may be guilty of the illegal act.

And so may be her boss.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/kayleigh-mcenany-may-have-committed-fraud-by-voting-florida-when-living-in-dc-report/

Mark Esper Showed a Little Spine After Monday, So We Know His Days Are Numbered

The SecDef, after humiliating himself at the parish hall putsch, came out and contradicted Trump and ordered the military home. Nice knowin’ ya.

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper did the wrong thing before, days later, he did the right thing. Walking across Lafayette Park cleared by pepper gas and something called pepper-ball projectiles by troops on the order of the Attorney General William Barr, he was summoned to stand with the president, who was giving stage directions for his tableau where he would “dominate” the “battle space.”

Esper was not innocent, but he did look flummoxed when Donald Trump pulled a Bible out of Ivanka’s purse and then didn’t read so much as a comforting passage.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mark-esper-showed-a-little-spine-after-monday-so-we-know-his-days-are-numbered?ref=home

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I just want to see the Democrats actually get serious about rooting out the corruption in the Republican party. Don't go for the same old "moving past and healing crap, nail these assholes to wall. 

Unfortunately I think a lot of them are friends with one another and it aint going to happen. Case in point Corey Booker vehemently arguing against Rand Paul’s motion to amend the anti-lynching legislation but letting us know they are good friends and he knows Rand Paul has a good heart. When I see this I get very cynical and think some of these representatives are all the same regardless what side of the aisle they are on. Now I’m thinking if certain democrats let these enablers off the hook, get out of the way and let others do the job that needs to be done to hold these people accountable for their actions. Their incredibly gross behaviour in how they protected and followed this deranged idiot who is wreaking havoc on all Americans except his children and the 1 percenters and even if I was a 1 percenter or his kid I would still watch my back. Ugly man inside and out.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

New Trump appointee to foreign aid agency has denounced liberal democracy and ‘our homo-empire’

A new Trump appointee to the United States’ foreign aid agency has a history of online posts denouncing liberal democracy and has said that the country is in the clutches of a “homo-empire” that pushes a “tyrannical LGBT agenda.”

In one post, Merritt Corrigan, who recently took up a position as deputy White House liaison at the U.S. Agency for International Development, wrote: “Liberal democracy is little more than a front for the war being waged against us by those who fundamentally despise not only our way of life, but life itself.”

https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/new-trump-appointee-to-foreign-aid-agency-has-denounced-liberal-democracy-and-our-homo-empire/

Republican elected officials are peddling a conspiracy theory that George Soros is paying protesters

Written by The Texas Tribune June 6, 2020
Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller, a statewide elected Republican official, has posted multiple memes and comments on his Facebook page in recent days falsely claiming that billionaire George Soros orchestrated nationwide protests over the death of George Floyd.

Bill Barr Says He Didn’t Order Park Police to Tear Gas Protesters for Trump

Jonathan Ernst/Reuters
Attorney General William Barr has disputed reports that he ordered Park Police in Washington, D.C. to tear gas peaceful protesters earlier this week, claiming police were already en route to Lafayette Square to disperse demonstrators by the time he reached the plaza. He told the Associated Press that he did not order law enforcement to disperse the crowd, casting it as a decision by the police, though he did say he had earlier drawn up a plan that required the park to be clear.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said this week that Barr had given the command. 

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Bill Barr Says He Didn’t Order Park Police to Tear Gas Protesters for Trump

Jonathan Ernst/Reuters
Attorney General William Barr has disputed reports that he ordered Park Police in Washington, D.C. to tear gas peaceful protesters earlier this week, claiming police were already en route to Lafayette Square to disperse demonstrators by the time he reached the plaza. He told the Associated Press that he did not order law enforcement to disperse the crowd, casting it as a decision by the police, though he did say he had earlier drawn up a plan that required the park to be clear.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said this week that Barr had given the command. 

They can't even keep their tangle of lies, straight....

3 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Reminiscent of Bowman's reelection campaign for mayor. Race is Biden's to lose right now, for sure.

Imagine the guidance on certain issues being given by Biden's handlers right now. 

But I want to let people know . . .. Shhhhh Joe as they point over to the deranged idiot blustering away with his lies and mental instability.