US Politics

Rich

Federal Prison Officers Brought in to Patrol D.C. Streets

The Justice Department has sent special operations teams from the Bureau of Prisons to support the Trump administration’s response to protests in Washington, D.C. and Florida. 

In a statement to The Daily Beast, a Bureau of Prisons spokesperson confirmed that they had deployed Crisis Management Teams in response to the protests. The teams include Special Operations response teams, “which are highly trained tactical units capable of responding to prison disturbances, and providing assistance to other law enforcement agencies during emergencies.” Officers from the Bureau’s Disturbance Control Teams, which “specialize in crowd control scenarios,” have also been deployed.

Speculation about the presence of special response teams from the agency grew online as residents and reporters noted the presence of law enforcement officials in tactical equipment placed around the city, many of whom refused to identify which agency they worked for.

In one photo shared by MSNBC correspondent Garrett Haake, officers with shields labeled “corrections” and a shirt with an apparent Federal Bureau of Prisons Disturbance Control Team patch formed a perimeter preventing protesters from approaching the White House.  

Twitter users also noted officers wearing uniforms with logos for the Bureau of Prisons Special Operations Response Team station by the Washington Convention Center on K Street.

“Per the request of the Attorney General, the BOP has dispatched teams to Miami, Florida, and Washington, D.C.” the Bureau said.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bureau-of-prisons-officers-brought-in-to-washington-dc-to-respond-to-george-floyd-protests

(Another line crossed and America is well on its way to being a banana republic)

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

What am I missing here? When the National Enquirer pushes back on a story how bad that has to be.

We're going with the Alien probed me while I visited my dead dog's gravesite story but sorry yours doesn't pass the smell test, we're journalists here, we have standards. 

lol.

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What am I missing here? When the National Enquirer pushes back on a story how bad that has to be.

We're going with the Alien probed me while I visited my dead dog's gravesite story but sorry yours doesn't pass the smell test, we're journalists here, we have standards. 

lol.

It happened to you, too?

GOP senator horrifies readers with a new authoritarian call in the New York Times

It’s a simple headline: “Send in the troops.” But its meaning is clear, and it’s deeply disturbing.

That’s the title the New York Times gave to a new op-ed written by Arkansas Republican Sen. Tom Cotton, one of the most militaristic and hawkish members of Congress. He had previously caused a stir this week by calling for the military to be unleashed on protesters with a “no quarter” order — meaning that they would take no prisoners and simply kill at will. Cotton later said he had been speaking metaphorically.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/gop-senator-horrifies-readers-with-a-new-authoritarian-call-in-the-new-york-times/

DOJ grants the DEA sweeping authority to investigate George Floyd protestors: report

President Donald Trump has been drawing widespread criticism for his vow to use military force against the George Floyd protests, inspiring many to argue he sounds more like a dictator than an elected official. Under this cloud, a troubling BuzzFeed report found that the Drug Enforcement Administration has been granted a new authority to “conduct covert surveillance” and gather intelligence information on protestors.

President Donald J. Trump walks from the White House Monday evening, June 1, 2020, to St. John’s Episcopal Church, known as the church of Presidents’s, that was damaged by fire during demonstrations in nearby LaFayette Square Sunday evening. (Official White House 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hahahahahahaha funny how 6’3 trump is always so much shorter than everyone who is 6’2 he stands next to.  

dude is 6’. and about 310. 

Yep, here's the proof:

44th_G7_Summit_Group_Photo.jpg

Trudeau is 6'1.5" to 6'2" (read conflicting information on which it is) and appears to be at least an inch taller than Trump.

WARNING: The content below, is not satire or a misprint.

White House compares Trump's church visit to Churchill

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/500977-white-house-compares-trumps-church-visit-to-churchill

Wrote a couple of papers on Churchill, many moons ago.   Still trying to keep my eyes from rolling.

Funny, back when Trump was looking for yet another WH Press Secretary ........was wondering just what kind of person would take on that job
Well, watching Kayleigh McEnany, for a while.....now I know. 

I’m a big guy. I have a buddy who is 6’1” and 350lbs. Not fat fat. Just big. Reminds me of trump in how he carries his weight.  Trunk wears the baggy suits to hide it. When he’s in his right fold outfits you see how obsess he is.  I’m sure he’s over 300.  Does it matter?  No but he’s lying about his health and a guy that self conscious and vain has issues.  

1 hour ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

Yep, here's the proof:

44th_G7_Summit_Group_Photo.jpg

Trudeau is 6'1.5" to 6'2" (read conflicting information on which it is) and appears to be at least an inch taller than Trump.

Not to mention the fact the deranged idiot probably wears lifts in his shoes to make him look taller and probably a tummy tucker. We’re going to find out down the road he was 5’ 3 320.

1 hour ago, do or die said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/500977-white-house-compares-trumps-church-visit-to-churchill

Wrote a couple of papers on Churchill, many moons ago.   Still trying to keep my eyes from rolling.

Funny, back when Trump was looking for yet another WH Press Secretary ........was wondering just what kind of person would take on that job

I think they were just referring to the alcoholism and periodic outbursts...?

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Flies, after all, are drawn to manure.

Trump to Sean Spicer: ‘I’ve Done So Much for Religion’

During a 22-minute “interview” on Wednesday that started with Sean Spicer defending his former boss against charges of racism and ended with the president praising his former White House press secretary’s performance on Dancing With the Stars, Donald Trump addressed his awkward bible photo-op that followed police tear-gassing peaceful protesters earlier this week.

Asked by Spicer what message he was trying to send with his church visit, Trump first said he did it because “somebody suggested it was a good idea” before insisting that “everything was handled really well” and that “religious leaders loved it.” When Spicer asked him if he’s “grown in his faith” during his time in office, the president said, “So I think maybe I have, from the standpoint that I see so much that I can do. I've done so much for religion.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-tells-sean-spicer-ive-done-so-much-for-religion

Republican Michigan Lawmaker Said He’d ‘Load Up a Few More Mags’ for Protesters

Emily Elconin/Reuters
A Republican Michigan state lawmaker threatened people in his district who protested police brutality in the wake of George Floyd’s alleged murder. On May 30, Gary Eisen, a state representative who owns the concealed-carry education business Michigan Personal Protective Training, captioned a photo of gun magazines posted to his Facebook page: “I was at my shop this morning working, and an older guy came in. We started talking about the protesters and the riots... He said, ‘You know all those protesters are Liberals’ I said ‘how do you know that’ .... he said ‘Liberals look for trouble and civil unrest and Conservatives PREPARE for it’ hmm, so i thought maybe I will load up a few more mags…” Demonstrations organized by the local NAACP and Black Lives Matter chapters began two days later. He told the Port Huron Times-Herald he “just made a joke.”

White House Deletes Tweet Claiming Jewish Center's Security Barrier Is Actually an Antifa Setup

Zach Gibson/Getty
The official White House Twitter account circulated a video on Wednesday afternoon falsely claiming antifa had placed bricks and stones on sidewalks to incite violence amid widespread protests over the death of George Floyd. The video, which has since been deleted, was actually of a year-old security barrier outside a Jewish community center in Los Angeles meant to protect against anti-Semitic car attacks.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-house-deletes-tweet-claiming-jewish-centers-security-barrier-is-actually-an-antifa-setup

(More of the Trump/GOP racist/fascist attitudes are leaking out)