US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

There has never been a better time to show people how different the country would be under Democrats.  I really don't think stark differences in policy would be a bad thing at this point.

Yeah... too bad Bernie is out now. I think if he would have stayed in the race, he would have a tremendous surge and would have become the Democratic Party's nominee... 

Trump claims he has done more for black community than any president since Lincoln

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/500744-trump-claims-he-has-done-more-for-black-community-than-any-president

This could be a tough sell.  Somehow think that most African Americans do not doff their hat or utter hosannas, when Trump goes by.....
ps....for them, the phrase "law and order" has always had a special coded meaning.....

A leading conservative writer comes out with a scathing argument for defeating Trump and his enablers: ‘The worst is yet to come’

George F. Will, who turned 79 on May 4, is among the most prominent conservative journalists in the United States — although he has been a vehement critic of Donald Trump’s presidency and even left the Republican Party because of it. And Will’s most recent Washington Post column is especially scathing: the Never Trumper stresses that voting the “crybaby in chief” out of office in November is crucial in order to reverse the country’s “downward spiral.”

“Those who think our unhinged president’s recent mania about a murder two decades ago that never happened represents his moral nadir have missed the lesson of his life: there is no such thing as rock bottom,” Will writes. “So, assume that the worst is yet to come. Which implicates national security: abroad, anti-Americanism sleeps lightly when it sleeps at all, and it is wide-awake as decent people judge our nation’s health by the character of those to whom power is entrusted. Watching, too, are indecent people in Beijing and Moscow.”

https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/a-leading-conservative-writer-comes-out-with-a-scathing-argument-for-defeating-trump-and-his-enablers-the-worst-is-yet-to-come/

Medical Workers Fighting COVID Say Cops Are Attacking Them
‘YOU PICKED THE WRONG TIME’

“I don’t know if it’s because they noticed my hospital ID or if it’s because they saw the blood, but they stopped, threw my phone at me, and I walked back to the hospital.”

Courtesy of Rayne Valentine
Twenty minutes after leaving his job at a Brooklyn hospital on Saturday night, 32-year-old Rayne Valentine was lying in the fetal position on the sidewalk. He’d been beaten and kicked by New York police officers, his hospital ID smeared with his own blood, he told The Daily Beast.

Valentine, a Marine veteran who worked as a chef before the pandemic hit the restaurant industry, got a job in March at Kings County Hospital Center. He has spent the past several months moving medicine and patients around the facility, as well as piling hundreds of dead bodies—many of them COVID-19 victims—into refrigerated morgue trucks. 

Valentine told The Daily Beast on Tuesday that he needed a job, but, like many Americans, he also felt helpless and wanted to contribute on the front lines of the deadly pandemic. Unfortunately, his is just one of many horrifying stories of medical workers, firefighters, and paramedics who’ve been heralded as heroes—only to be tear gassed or beaten by police during the days of civil unrest following the Minneapolis police killing of George Floyd.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/even-medical-workers-fighting-covid-say-cops-are-attacking-them-at-george-floyd-protests?ref=home

Barr Personally Ordered Police to Clear Protesters for Trump’s D.C. Church Photo Op: WaPo

Attorney General William Barr ordered law enforcement on the ground in Washington, D.C.’s Lafayette Square to clear the area Monday evening for President Donald Trump, The Washington Post reports. The directive resulted in police tear gassing protesters so the commander-in-chief could pose with a Bible in front of a church he does not regularly attend. The move was an unusual one for the nation’s highest-ranking legal official to make personally, speaking to the close relationship between the head of the Department of Justice and Trump. The D.C. Archbishop, Wilton Gregory, condemned the president’s photo opportunity as using the church for political points.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/william-barr-personally-ordered-police-to-clear-protesters-for-donald-trumps-dc-church-photo-op-wapo?ref=home

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Barr Personally Ordered Police to Clear Protesters for Trump’s D.C. Church Photo Op: WaPo

Attorney General William Barr ordered law enforcement on the ground in Washington, D.C.’s Lafayette Square to clear the area Monday evening for President Donald Trump, The Washington Post reports. The directive resulted in police tear gassing protesters so the commander-in-chief could pose with a Bible in front of a church he does not regularly attend. The move was an unusual one for the nation’s highest-ranking legal official to make personally, speaking to the close relationship between the head of the Department of Justice and Trump. The D.C. Archbishop, Wilton Gregory, condemned the president’s photo opportunity as using the church for political points.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/william-barr-personally-ordered-police-to-clear-protesters-for-donald-trumps-dc-church-photo-op-wapo?ref=home

Attorney General for Life.....

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

The problem is that a) they are not likely to come to trial for months, perhaps years and b) they are unlikely to be convicted.

Most likely Officer Chauvin will be convicted of manslaughter as it is impossible to prove intent, the other 3 will receive lesser sentences or possibly walk.  This will not appease  the masses who expect his execution, brace yourself for round two of "America burns" once the verdict is announced.

Joint Chiefs Chairman Blasted as Uniformed ‘Prop’ for Trump’s ‘Fascist Political Stunt’

Gen. Mark Milley strolled with Trump through Lafayette Park after it was violently cleared of protesters. National-security vets say the chairman crossed the line.

As President Trump walked through Lafayette Park shortly after police, backed by National Guardsmen, used tear gas and rubber bullets on peaceful protesters, there was a man in uniform accompanying him. He was not just any man and he wore not just any uniform. 

He was Army Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the senior-most officer in the U.S. military. He was not wearing his dress service uniform, but instead the camouflage of his combat uniform, as if to underscore that American streets where protesters are angrily demanding an end to institutional police racism are now the “battlespace” that Defense Secretary Mark Esper described.

It’s nowhere near the first time that Milley and other senior officers have worn their combat uniforms in stateside settings, reflecting in part how a generation-long conflict has blurred the lines between peace and war. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joint-chiefs-chairman-army-gen-mark-milley-blasted-as-uniformed-prop-for-trumps-fascist-political-stunt

4 hours ago, do or die said:

Number of GOP Senators said today, they couldn't comment on the Trump photo op and the protesters....because they "hadn't seen the video" yet.  

“I didn’t watch it closely enough to know,” Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) told reporters. 

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) said as he entered a closed-door caucus lunch that he “didn’t really see it.”

Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.), asked about it as he left the lunch, told reporters that he had been “reading.”

And Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) added as he left that he didn’t “follow” Monday night’s protest in front of the White House.

Others, including Sen. Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), said they were running late for a weekly Senate Republican lunch while some didn't respond to questions at all as they entered the caucus meeting.

The treatment of protesters near the White House did not come up during the party’s closed-door lunch, according Sens. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) and Mike Braun (R-Ind.). 

And asked if he was “comfortable” with the “scene” near the White House, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) didn’t directly address if he supported the decision to remove protesters. 

McConnell also sidestepped a question on if he thought Trump was providing the right kind of leadership in response to the protests, telling reporters: "I'm not going to critique other people's performances. I can speak for myself, and I just have.” 

Pathetic.

53 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I’m encouraged by people putting politics aside in a real effort to save the republic. Because that’s what this election is.  

Never thought that this would ever happen,  Bush isn't as bad as people made him out to be.   Remember the days when the media would simply mock Bush for being a bit "simple" ....  I'm sure the States would prefer having that problem again over the current regime.

6 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah... too bad Bernie is out now. I think if he would have stayed in the race, he would have a tremendous surge and would have become the Democratic Party's nominee... 

Dems would have blamed the looting on 'Bernie Bros'...

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I’m encouraged by people putting politics aside in a real effort to save the republic. Because that’s what this election is.  

You're joking right...  these are people who have just been pushed out of the GOP and are looking for a candidate - this is scary not 'good news'