US Politics

Rich

55 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well there is something to be said for a miserable trump sitting at the inauguration with record crowds while Biden announces the long national nightmare is over.  And all the other presidents shun trump.  Lol But he’d never go.  

he’s now trying to screw with twitter.  I hope this inspires twitter to clean up the Russian bots.  If they did, it would go a long way to stifling trumps sky right message. 

When Trump loses the lection, hopefully in a decisive landslide, there is no way he would attend Biden's inauguration- his bone spurs will flare up.

41 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Trump and his brood will loot the WH then set fire to it, in all seriousness this election will be the biggest shiate show the world has ever seen.

In 2016 he cheated but tried not to be too obvious about.  Aside from begging Russia to hack Hilary during a live debate.  This time he is cheating in broad daylight.  

Edited by The Unknown Poster

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Fingers crossed, when Trump is defeated in November, who will be the first influential vocal Trump supporter quickly out of the gate to explain away their behaviour and try to change their color to deflect anger away from them?

Lindsey Graham comes to mind for me.

Will not be that easy to wash off the stink

29 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

How bad will the period between election and inauguration be? Makes no sense they have that lame duck period.

I think on older times it was to count the votes and Ofcourse in the weird US system, they have to schedule the electoral college to actually vote.  And there have been instances of disputes. 

Censorship, can't believe anyone would be for it, except the communists of course,

EXCLUSIVE: Several Republican lawmakers suggested in a scathing letter on Thursday they will soon take action against Reddit, saying the influential Internet message board systematically singled out, censored, and destroyed a once-popular pro-Trump "subreddit," or subforum, known as "r/The_Donald." "Shame on you," wrote Reps. Jim Banks of Indiana, Matt Gaetz of Florida, Jody Hice of Georgia, Ted Budd of North Carolina, and Ted Yoho of Florida, to Reddit CEO and co-founder Steve Huffman. The move opened up a new front in Republicans' all-out war on what they see as pervasive bias in Silicon Valley.

Well put,

“The political double standard that exists on some social media platforms is appalling," Budd told Fox News. "Given the power and influence that these sites have, it’s totally inappropriate that they get to choose which viewpoints receive more eyes or more scrutiny. It’s high time these social media sites are held accountable.”

Yoho termed the double standard a constitutional issue.

“The Orwellian hand of Reddit’s Big Tech censoring is an assault on the basic freedom of free speech guaranteed in our First Amendment. It’s time for the abuses of politically motivated social media giants to be reigned in," Yoho told Fox News.

The real puppet-masters are starting to come out of the shadows,

As Republicans increasingly wage an all-out war against what they perceive as left-wing bias across major social media platforms, big tech billionaires are reportedly working to secretly boost Joe Biden's flagging campaign using tactics that some experts describe as underhanded and nefarious -- and their efforts have even frustrated some Democrats hoping to retain control over their party.

Vox reported on Wednesday that LinkedIn founder Reid Hoffman, Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz, Laurene Powell Jobs and ex-Google CEO Eric Schmidt are leading the charge, citing nearly two dozen donors closely connected to the ongoing operation.

Hoffman alone has dumped approximately $10 million into Acronym, which backed the company Shadow behind the disastrous Iowa caucus app. According to Vox, Acronym hopes to secure another $25 million "to set up seven of its own media properties in swing states, creating local news sites that portray moderate Democratic candidates in a favorable light, but appear to be objective, homespun outlets."

Even some Democrats don't know who is running the party now,

Top Hoffman adviser Dmitri Mehlhorn reportedly wrote in a private memo that the key to fighting President Trump was “building trusted media channels with peer-to-peer elements” and “content that has a journalistic flavor.”

Additionally, Hoffman has funded what top Democratic National Committee (DNC) officials consider an "existential threat" to the Democratic Party: an effort to create an independent database of progressive voters' data. In particular, a startup called Alloy has bought up critical voter outreach data. (In a statement, Alloy said it's "proud" of its work to help Democrats and progressives "on the front lines.")

“My problem is when Silicon Valley folks think that they know how to do our jobs better. I would never walk into Google or anywhere else and say, ‘Your model sucks,’” Jane Kleeb, who chairs the Nebraska Democratic Party, told Vox's Recode. “I don’t second-guess them, and I’m asking them not to second-guess us.”

54 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Censorship, can't believe anyone would be for it, except the communists of course,

49 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Well put,

47 minutes ago, pigseye said:

The real puppet-masters are starting to come out of the shadows,

43 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Even some Democrats don't know who is running the party now,

Is it trolling or irony, that you would post about political media bias and bemoan the "censorship" of political views using fox as support for your argument...  I can't tell anymore.

12 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Is it trolling or irony, that you would post about political media bias and bemoan the "censorship" of political views using fox as support for your argument...  I can't tell anymore.

Why would it be trolling? It's news, and pretty big news for anyone paying attention.

Of course the Fox thing is irony too.