US Politics

Rich

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Let me get this straight.  Trump inherited a great economy but he’s still a great economic genius.  Obama and everyone else who actually did great things for the economy had excuses so it doesn’t count.  

talk about wearing orange coloured glasses.   This is getting absurd. 

anyway in other news the big baby is mad at twitter. 

Big talk from the biggest baby on the planet, don't think he has the power to do anything about it, but if he does how long before he starts jailing journalists, maybe some of his Saudi friends could help him out

The only reason Trump was able to stimulate the economy at all was the massive tax cuts for corporations which increased profits and the stock market responded. FDR did not get an easy ride. Apart from his progressing illness, he was the subject of a planned coup because he was interfering with corporate profits by using government funds for massive infrastructure projects. The conspirators, which included several wealthy families, including the Duponts as well as Nazi sympathizers like Lindbergh and only fell apart when the Marine Corps general, Smedley Butler, who they approached went to Roosevelt. Roosevelt called them all in an threatened mass arrests and treason trials.

Trump took the work Obama did and claimed credit for it and drove it toward a cliff. The economy was going to crash under trump. Jobs aren't the be all end all, the stock market isn't the be all end all. Well paying jobs are the signal of a strong economy, not everyone being a wage slave to corporate masters. That's just new age slavery. 

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

No tax cut, no stimulus, no market boom, you can't have one without the other. Investors wanted return and they got them.
He reduced corporate taxes to a singular (21%) rate from a higher of 35%, plenty of countries have had economies recover without reducing tax rates. Even then, the bigger issue is by reducing the corporate tax rate the USA is reducing the tax base significantly, resulting in less funds to provide necessary services.

The health care industry is driving the economy down there, 3 million new jobs. Universal Health Care is not sustainable as we are going to find out here very soon. Besides, wouldn't it make more sense for the rich to go get there own private care, they can afford it after all and wouldn't that free up more resources for the lower income family's who really need it? **** the rich, make them pay for their own health care. 
The health care industry is "driving the economy" by being overwhelmed by COVID? Rich people will always find access to health care if they need it - I'm not concerned about them, I'm concerned about the single mother who has to choose if she can afford the $40 surcharge for "skin-to-skin" contact after giving birth to her child. You're failing to see the problem - the problem is that poorer Americans cannot afford health care and have to either defer non-essential medical needs, or just not have insurance at all and hope they don't get sick.

Don't even try to turn this into a negative.
You think cutting food stamps for individuals in need is a good idea? Agree to disagree, only because I think we have fundamentally different perspectives here.

Originally, the tax cut was going to "pay for itself".  Part of that plan was to repeal Obamacare, denying 20-22 Million Americans access to health care, and diverting monies to cover some of the tax measures.  When that failed in the House, Republicans went to plan B - just make the cuts anyway, and add a couple of Trillion to the debt.  Not a peep from those solid fiscal conservatives.  

Donald Trump just issued his most serious threat yet to free speech
Written by Matthew Rozsa 

There is no freedom more important than the right to free speech. So why aren’t more conservatives speaking out now that President Donald Trump has issued his most serious threat in recent memory to our collective First Amendment rights?

On Wednesday the president threatened Twitter, a social media platform that he has used for half a decade to advance his political cause, after it included a fact-check label on one of his tweets.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/donald-trump-just-issued-his-most-serious-threat-yet-to-free-speech/

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Because they need to lie that it's safe and there is no risk... ******* house republicans hid their positive results from the democrats ... no morals at all...

Okay, I'm by no means a lawyer... but under applicable medical privacy laws, would an employer be allowed to disclose that certain politicians (i.e. employees) have a given medical condition? How does that work? I mean, if my Saskatchewan coworker had a medical tooth condition that is somehow contagious, my employer can't tell me anything about it, citing medical confidentiality, but at the same time, they are required to offer safe work.

That's just about the only thing I can think of where this inaction could be considered reasonable by some. I would argue though that even if that were they case they could've just indicated "some staff members" were infected, which I would think is nondescript enough to get around that rule...

10 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Okay, I'm by no means a lawyer... but under applicable medical privacy laws, would an employer be allowed to disclose that certain politicians (i.e. employees) have a given medical condition? How does that work? I mean, if my Saskatchewan coworker had a medical tooth condition that is somehow contagious, my employer can't tell me anything about it, citing medical confidentiality, but at the same time, they are required to offer safe work.

That's just about the only thing I can think of where this inaction could be considered reasonable by some. I would argue though that even if that were they case they could've just indicated "some staff members" were infected, which I would think is nondescript enough to get around that rule...

I reckon my issue with it all is that the republican lawmakers informed their republican counterparts and didn't inform the democratic ones. 

Andrew Peter Napolitano is an American syndicated columnist whose work appears in numerous publications including The Washington Times and Reason. He is an analyst for Fox News, commenting on legal news and trials. Napolitano served as a New Jersey Superior Court judge from 1987 to 1995

Concerning Twitter explanation and their rights, and mail-in voter fraud debunked.

Trump sparks horror by promoting video that says ‘only good Democrat is a dead Democrat'

President Donald Trump on Wednesday evening promoted a video from the Cowboys for Trump Twitter account which began with the line, “I’ve come to the conclusion that the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.”

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/trump-sparks-horror-by-promoting-video-that-says-only-good-democrat-is-a-dead-democrat/