US Politics

Rich

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I don’t even believe he’s taking it.  He might think he’s taking it because he’s that stupid but someone is giving him a placebo.   Neither he nor his doctors can be that idiotic can they?

Or he is just lying about taking it because somebody in his orbit has a big stake in the company producing it and he wants his dumb ass sheeple to buy it by the case load

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I don’t even believe he’s taking it.  He might think he’s taking it because he’s that stupid but someone is giving him a placebo.   Neither he nor his doctors can be that idiotic can they?

Trump has lied about pretty much everything, so why would anyone believe this baloney about him taking the drug?  It would also be difficult to make Trump more paranoid than he is already. 

White House doctor releases bizarre note on Trump and hydroxychloroquine that leaves out a key detail

Written by David Badash / The New Civil Rights Movement May 19, 2020
Once again, the Trump White House is releasing very creatively-crafted information surrounding the president’s health. On Monday, after President Donald Trump claimed he is taking the anti-malaria drug he touted for weeks as a cure for coronavirus, hydroxychloroquine, the White House has released a letter that appears to try to suggest the president wasn’t lying and that he is taking the dangerous drug.

But the letter, from Physician to the President Sean P. Conley, does not actually say Trump is taking the drug.

Trump just blew up his ally’s own defense of firing a key watchdog
Written by Cody Fenwick May 18, 2020
Republicans have been struggling to defend President Donald Trump’s crusade against administration inspectors general, a tactic to shut down independent scrutiny that the GOP undoubtedly would have decried under a Democratic White House. And on Monday, Trump admitted that he knew nothing of the reasoning behind his latest firing, completely blowing up the defense given just the day before by Republican Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin.

58 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Trump just blew up his ally’s own defense of firing a key watchdog
Written by Cody Fenwick May 18, 2020
Republicans have been struggling to defend President Donald Trump’s crusade against administration inspectors general, a tactic to shut down independent scrutiny that the GOP undoubtedly would have decried under a Democratic White House. And on Monday, Trump admitted that he knew nothing of the reasoning behind his latest firing, completely blowing up the defense given just the day before by Republican Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin.

Officially, the President had issued the same ole letter, stating a "loss of confidence" in this guy.  You know, the guy he didn't know anything about, until someone under investigation (Pompeo) came to him and requested the firing....

As I have stated before.....Republicans have developed a pretty high embarrassment threshold.

Edited by do or die

I don't know. I despise Trump, but I feel like fat-shaming him is kind of crappy, and should be beneath someone who is trying to convince voters that their party is better. Especially since the left tends to eat their own...it is full of voters that would be turned off by that sort of comment, and anything that might give Trump a better chance at winning in the fall is a bad thing, IMO. 

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

16 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I don't know. I despise Trump, but I feel like fat-shaming him is kind of crappy, and should be beneath someone who is trying to convince voters that their party is better. Especially since the left tends to eat their own...it is full of voters that would be turned off by that sort of comment, and anything that might give Trump a better chance at winning in the fall is a bad thing, IMO. 

You're absolutely right I agree with you if this was a normal human being that we are dealing with.     

Taking the higher road, focusing on the problem not the person in reaction to what he does seems to have little to no effect. In fact it sometimes seems he just gets way with it because of that.

People are running out of ideas in how to deal with his absurd dangerous behaviour. 

27 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I love it simply because it's probably the best way to provoke Trump into doing something stupid. Legit criticism doesn't phase the guy, but attack his vanity and he will flip out cause he is incredibly vain.

Fat shaming is generally awful.  But pelosi didn’t really do that. Did she know her comments would engrave Trump?  Sure.  But it was relevant to the topic of him taking unapproved drugs and being obese.  

Plus here’s a guy that got his doctor to flat out lie about his weight in an official press release.  Trump made his weight an issue.   And health is always an issue during elections.  Both guys are old but only one is terribly overweight, has Ana awful diet, gets virtually no exercise and lies about his health constantly.  It’s a legitimate issue.  

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I love it simply because it's probably the best way to provoke Trump into doing something stupid. Legit criticism doesn't phase the guy, but attack his vanity and he will flip out cause he is incredibly vain.

Body-shaming is wrong 99.9% of the time, but Trump has tried to present himself as a paragon of health, and has relentlessly ridiculed anyone who has any sort of visible deficit or disability, so this is a small chicken coming home to roost. And yes, he will try to counter-attack. This pot, however, is very very black.

Just now, Tracker said:

Body-shaming is wrong 99.9% of the time, but Trump has tried to present himself as a paragon of health, and has relentlessly ridiculed anyone who has any sort of visible deficit or disability, so this is a small chicken coming home to roost. And yes, he will try to counter-attack. This pot, however, is very very black.

And I don’t want to see one self righteous trump nut whining about this either unless they have also criticized trump for his plethora of personal and petty insults against everyone.  

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So trump declassifies this email to apparently hurt Obama when in fact it completely exonerates him.  These people are very bad at this. 

With everything trump is doing recently there is something going on.  Something bad coming (for him). 

SCOTUS just deliberated his tax return case... 

Read the Rice e-mail.  

So, Obama’s national security adviser noted that Obama was “not asking about, initiating or instructing anything from a law enforcement perspective” regarding the Flynn probe. Instead, Obama told the FBI to proceed “by the book.”

Guess we know why Graham has resisted calls from Trump to drag Obama before Congress and Barr now wants the DOJ to proceed in a "non political" manner. (a first for him) 

😀

Trump actually tried to spin the high COVID-19 case rate in the US as a ‘badge of honor’

Written by David Badash / The New Civil Rights Movement May 20, 2020

As the U.S. speeds ahead toward the stunning milestone of 100,000 coronavirus deaths President Donald Trump is trying to spin America’s first place status in the number of coronavirus cases as a “badge of honor.”

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/trump-actually-tried-to-spin-the-high-covid-19-case-rate-in-the-u-s-as-a-badge-of-honor/

Trump Threatens to Keep Money From Flood- and Virus-Hit Michigan After Apparently Misreading News Reports

Jamie Ross
Reporter
Updated May. 20, 2020 9:39AM ET / 
Published May. 20, 2020 8:23AM ET 

Reuters / Leah Millis
People in Michigan are facing historic floods on top of the coronavirus pandemic—but, rather than offering some help, President Trump has threatened to make things even harder. After an apparent misunderstanding, Trump has threatened to withhold unspecified funding from the state because, he said, it mailed out millions of absentee ballots for the upcoming primaries and presidential election. But that’s not the case—state officials said Tuesday that all registered voters will receive applications for absentee ballots to give them the choice to take part in elections without the risk of infection by the deadly virus. Trump has, knowingly or not, misunderstood that important distinction. The president wrote Wednesday morning: “Breaking: Michigan sends absentee ballots to 7.7 million people ahead of Primaries and the General Election. This was done illegally and without authorization by a rogue Secretary of State. I will ask to hold up funding to Michigan if they want to go down this Voter Fraud path!”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-threatens-to-keep-money-from-flood-and-virus-hit-michigan-after-apparently-misreading-news-reports?ref=home