US Politics

Rich

‘I was wrong’: McConnell admits his attack on Obama was bogus — and refuses to defend Trump

In an online discussion on Monday with the Trump campaign, Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell launched a peculiar and factually challenged attack at former President Barack Obama.

“They claim pandemics only happen once every hundred years, but what if that’s no longer true?” McConnell said to Lara Trump. “We want to be early, ready for the next one, because clearly the Obama administration did not leave to this administration any kind of game plan for something like this.”

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/i-was-wrong-mcconnell-admits-his-attack-on-obama-was-bogus-and-refuses-to-defend-trump/

Looks like the GOP is retreating into individual survival positions and beginning to distance themselves from Trump.

11 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Aaron Rupar
TRUMP: "When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn't do any testing we would have very few cases."

👁‍🗨 My gawd, this man’s stupidity is presidential..

"So we have the best testing in the world.  It could be that testing is, frankly, overrated.  Maybe it is overrated.  But whatever they start yelling, “We want more.  We want more.”  You know, they always say, “We want more.  We want more” — because they don’t want to give you credit.  Then we do more and they say, “We want more.”

btw, in testing per capita the US is 27th in the world

DeVos Showering Wealthy Private and Religious Schools With Coronavirus Aid, Says Report
REGARDLESS OF NEED

Jamie Ross
Reporter
Published May. 15, 2020 6:49AM ET 
When Congress set aside $30 billion for education institutions facing ruin because of the coronavirus pandemic shutdowns, it’s pretty clear this is not what they had in mind. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is reportedly throwing millions of federal dollars that were intended mainly for public schools and colleges at private and religious schools, according to a report from The New York Times.

Yale psychiatrist: Trump “projects his sense of inferiority” by calling women reporters “nasty”

Donald Trump's "mental incapacity," says Dr. Bandy X. Lee, is "the greatest calamity in the nation's history" 

IGOR DERYSH
MAY 15, 2020 9:00AM (UTC)

AYale psychiatrist who has sounded the alarm on President Donald Trump's mental health for the last several years is urging Congress to heed the warnings of mental health experts — as the president's coronavirus response goes off the rails with new conspiracy theories about former President Barack Obama and attacks on female reporters.

https://www.salon.com/2020/05/15/yale-psychiatrist-trump-projects-his-sense-of-inferiority-by-calling-women-reporters-nasty/

46 minutes ago, Tracker said:

‘I was wrong’: McConnell admits his attack on Obama was bogus — and refuses to defend Trump

In an online discussion on Monday with the Trump campaign, Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell launched a peculiar and factually challenged attack at former President Barack Obama.

“They claim pandemics only happen once every hundred years, but what if that’s no longer true?” McConnell said to Lara Trump. “We want to be early, ready for the next one, because clearly the Obama administration did not leave to this administration any kind of game plan for something like this.”

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/i-was-wrong-mcconnell-admits-his-attack-on-obama-was-bogus-and-refuses-to-defend-trump/

Looks like the GOP is retreating into individual survival positions and beginning to distance themselves from Trump.

Way too late for MM. His place in history has been set no matter how many sit down maybe I shouldn’t have done that interviews he does now and in the future. Some would say he is worse than Trump and the havoc he has created in the US. A very bad man to quote a Seinfeld episode.

Trump is going to scream and tweet Obamagate till the next election, you know instead of being a real president.....................why start now, as for Turtle he is just a evil small man and the history books will shred them apart, you can add Barr to that list and wishy washy Blanche too

Edited by bustamente

13 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Aaron Rupar
TRUMP: "When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn't do any testing we would have very few cases."

Quote :

This is just like saying if police didn’t write reports, we would have less crime. - Walter M. Kimbrough

👁‍🗨Going by that, if we don’t do any testing at all, then we would have no cases of cancer, diabetes, pulmonary conditions....

Problems solved 😃

23 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Quote :

This is just like saying if police didn’t write reports, we would have less crime. - Walter M. Kimbrough

👁‍🗨Going by that, if we don’t do any testing at all, then we would have no cases of cancer, diabetes, pulmonary conditions....

Problems solved 😃

And everyone would just die of natural causes. 

Now I think we’re living in a S.N.L. skit with Alec Baldwin playing the part of President, in a farcical depiction of what Trump is doing, except that if this were true, the US would probably be in a better position..

18 hours ago, pigseye said:

Not really, it's up to the reader to decide for themselves what is true and what isn't. I just believe that everyone should see both sides of the coin before doing so. 

So just to be clear, you're the third kind of person, just trying to enable a fair and equal environment by objectively showing all sides of the coin so people can make an informed decision yea. 

Edited by HardCoreBlue

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Bear with me 'cause this is a long one but Frum always does a good job of summarizing Trump's many illegal activities and his patterns but, unlike the MAGAts posts, these have receipts:

Soooooo....you're hinting that Trump is a crook and a thief in addition to all his other sterling qualities of being a sexual predator, serial adulterer and racist? How can this be?

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Way too late for MM. His place in history has been set no matter how many sit down maybe I shouldn’t have done that interviews he does now and in the future. Some would say he is worse than Trump and the havoc he has created in the US. A very bad man to quote a Seinfeld episode.

Moscow Mitch is a traitor.  But he can read the tea leaves. He’s hedging.  He wants a viable career after trump is gone. 

Well here’s hoping he doesn’t. Like Trump and certain members of his family and administration, a ugly human being inside and out. This is not a political opinion. This is an opinion based on actions happening right in front of us, in plain sight mocking us, that needs to crawl back under the rock they came from.

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

DeVos Showering Wealthy Private and Religious Schools With Coronavirus Aid, Says Report
REGARDLESS OF NEED

Jamie Ross
Reporter
Published May. 15, 2020 6:49AM ET 
When Congress set aside $30 billion for education institutions facing ruin because of the coronavirus pandemic shutdowns, it’s pretty clear this is not what they had in mind. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is reportedly throwing millions of federal dollars that were intended mainly for public schools and colleges at private and religious schools, according to a report from The New York Times.

Again you’re not showing the other side here. Come on man you’re better than this. #BeBest.

Looks like Flynns lawyers may have found an out for him, how do you lose your key piece of evidence, lol. 

Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, told Fox Business' Maria Bartiromo that the original 302 document — which typically summarizes witness interviews with agents — was “missing.” Nunes said the document is where Flynn is accused of lying to investigators.

Nunes laid out what he said he knows about the original report. He said it was written and transcribed and recalled FBI sources saying, “Look, there’s nothing to see here, Flynn wasn’t lying.”

“So we knew this at the beginning of 2017, so you can imagine my astonishment when it began to leak out in the press that General Flynn was being busted for lying to the FBI,” he said. “And that, that’s what the Mueller team — the dirty Mueller team — that’s what they were going to bust him on.”

Nunes said the original report that was used to initially brief Congress vanished. “It’s gone. Poof. It’s out of — we can’t find it.”

“And I told people at the highest levels of the FBI and the DOJ, I said, what are you doing here? Like, we have, on the record, from the highest-level people that he didn't lie to the FBI,” he said.

Late last year, Flynn’s attorney sought “every document” pertaining to the interview with agents after allegations that FBI officials manipulated the original 302 report. His attorney asserted that separate handwritten notes from the interview drafted by since-fired FBI agent Peter Strzok and another agent are plainly inconsistent with one another, as well as the final FBI 302 that underpinned Flynn's guilty plea for one count of making false statements to investigators.

Although the government has insisted that the FBI's after-the-fact edits to the 302 report were "largely grammatical and stylistic," Flynn's lawyer argued that they were in fact highly substantive and improper alterations that inaccurately made it appear that Flynn had issued blanket denials to agents' questions.

Sidney Powell, one of Flynn’s lawyers, told Fox News that FBI agents did their best to hide their investigation and attempted to entrap her client. She mentioned a meeting on Jan. 5, 2017, at the White House that included Obama, then-FBI Director James Comey, then-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and former CIA Director John Brennan.

Powell said the “whole thing was orchestrated and set up within the FBI, Clapper, Brennan and in the Oval Office meeting that day with President Obama.”

Bartiromo asked Powell if she believed the scandal reached up to Obama, and Powell responded, “Absolutely.”

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

So just to be clear, you're the third kind of person, just trying to enable a fair and equal environment by objectively showing all sides of the coin so people can make an informed decision yea. 

Geez man, it's just a discussion forum, lay off the caffeine for awhile. 

Are we really posting nonsense about Flynn having NOT lied when he ADMITTED to lying?  hahaha  Like really.  I like that we have a long post detailing a million trump crimes and the one Trump dude is like, yeah but maybe Flynn didnt lie WHEN HE ADMITTED TO IT.  lol

No surprise key evidence is lost now that it's Barr's DOJ....And you just know those shredders will be working overtime when Trump loses.  I just hope the career employees, the patriots are saving whatever they can.

Edited by The Unknown Poster