US Politics

Rich

Trump takes future credit for eradicating AIDS as he falsely claims Obama "did nothing" to stop it. One fact-checker rated Trump’s claim about Obama “an egregious lie” that was “not even close to true"
ROGER SOLLENBERGER
MAY 5, 2020 4:19PM (UTC)
President Donald Trump fell back on a favorite of his incendiary lies during this week's Fox News virtual town hall: former President Barack Obama "did nothing" to fight AIDS.

The president also took credit for what he claimed would be the eradication of AIDS in the near future, which he pegged at eight years from now — the end of the first term of the president that succeeds Trump, should he win re-election.

* Soon Trump will take credit for winning the second world war and inventing fire.

Two things really strike me about this video; the message itself (which seems to go against the current government's views) and who it is coming from.

Bush used to be a punchline for poor public speaking, as well as not the sharpest tool in the shed. To me, it's a stark reminder how far the US (and the republican party) has gone downhill since then. The current government would never be able to splice to together a similar message from Trump, nor would they.

3 hours ago, bustamente said:

When Trump says people heap praise on himself he never names these fools namely because they don't exist, he also says someone told me or I heard a lot

They exist for Trump- in his addled mind, or what passes for a mind.

Trump intends to challenge COVID-19 death count and accuse hospitals of lying: report
by Gage Skidmore
Axios is now reporting that Trump will soon dive deeply into even worse behavior than he is currently wallowing in, and that the pile of excrement posing as president will soon argue that the people dying of COVID-19 are actually now dying of something else.

“A senior administration official said he expects the president to begin publicly questioning the death toll as it closes in on his predictions for the final death count and damages him politically,” Axios reports.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/trump-intends-to-challenge-covid-19-death-count-and-accuse-hospitals-of-lying-report/

Desperation setting in for Trump

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Trump intends to challenge COVID-19 death count and accuse hospitals of lying: report
by Gage Skidmore
Axios is now reporting that Trump will soon dive deeply into even worse behavior than he is currently wallowing in, and that the pile of excrement posing as president will soon argue that the people dying of COVID-19 are actually now dying of something else.

“A senior administration official said he expects the president to begin publicly questioning the death toll as it closes in on his predictions for the final death count and damages him politically,” Axios reports.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/trump-intends-to-challenge-covid-19-death-count-and-accuse-hospitals-of-lying-report/

Millions of illegal voters died, so they don't count.😏

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

by Gage Skidmore

For almost four years, I've seen headlines that Trump is in grave political trouble, practically every other day is labelled his worst day ever, his time is almost over, he's desperate but sure enough here he is, still is spreading his insanity with very little actual resistance. It's befuddling and extremely exhausting wrapped with many levels of frustration.  It's 

The White House has shelved an extensive report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) meant to provide local officials with step-by-step instructions for re-opening public spaces during the coronavirus pandemic, according to an Associated Press report released Thursday.  The 17-page document, titled “Guidance for Implementing the Opening Up America Again Framework,” was set to be published last Friday, but agency scientists were told it “would never see the light of day,” a CDC official told the AP. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/496528-white-house-shelved-cdc-reopening-guidance-report

So giving local officials specific and detailed information about re-opening, is squelched, simply because it runs counter to the vague Administration directives, which Trump himself, has already tacitly ignored.   They want things keep vague for a reason folks......and responsibility be dammed.  

Edited by do or die

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

For almost four years, I've seen headlines that Trump is in grave political trouble, practically every other day is labelled his worst day ever, his time is almost over, he's desperate but sure enough here he is, still is spreading his insanity with very little actual resistance. It's befuddling and extremely exhausting wrapped with many levels of frustration.  It's 

I don't think we have seen the worst of Trump and his cronies. Unless the GOP assassinates him themselves, they will go down as well. My concern is that once the Democrats are in control of the white House, Congress and Senate that they could become as arrogant and corrupt as those they replaced. There will have to be a culling of incompetent Trump appointees, though.

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

Covid 19 has hit the WH, if Trump is photographed wearing a mask it will make the Covidiots heads explode

No it won’t. Trump no matter what.

I’m equating the term covidiots with committed Trump supporters. It just doesn’t matter what he does or says, even it upsets them, hurts them, impacts them directly eventually or in real time. It just doesn’t matter for some.

33 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

No it won’t. Trump no matter what.

I’m equating the term covidiots with committed Trump supporters. It just doesn’t matter what he does or says, even it upsets them, hurts them, impacts them directly eventually or in real time. It just doesn’t matter for some.

Trump donning a mask will change the narrative, in his mind make him look weak in the eyes of his base and fly in the face of reopening the country, can't have the POTUS perpetuating that's it's fine to go back to work, open up the country and charge up the economy while hiding behind a mask

5 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Trump donning a mask will change the narrative, in his mind make him look weak in the eyes of his base and fly in the face of reopening the country, can't have the POTUS perpetuating that's it's fine to go back to work, open up the country and charge up the economy while hiding behind a mask

Absolutely agree with you, all I'm saying is his 'Trump no matter what' base will follow along no matter what, even it doesn't fit the insane narrative they all bought into. They'll just trump along and adjust to whatever convoluted, mixed messaged, hypocritical, insane narrative they need to follow based on what he does. I've read over and over again on a variety of social media mediums that some people will vote for Trump no matter what. As I've written before, the 'no matter what' part of that sentence is bewildering to me.

Is it the same thinking when one says to another (usually family members to one another):

I'll love you no matter what'?