US Politics

Rich

11 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Same here, both posters seem to be biased in their own ways. Although it’s fun to read.

Honestly my only bias is forwards logic. If the allegation had legs I’d be calling for Biden to be turfed. He was never my choice and I voted conservative for years.   The hypocrisy isn’t Dems here. It’s certain people who didn’t care about trumps issues suddenly wanting a federal case to be made.  That’s the double standard.  

If you google Tara trade allegation, the first several responses are pieces doing a fair job at looking at it but this poster skipped all of them to look for things to support his position.  That’s bias. 

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Honestly my only bias is forwards logic. If the allegation had legs I’d be calling for Biden to be turfed. He was never my choice and I voted conservative for years.   The hypocrisy isn’t Dems here. It’s certain people who didn’t care about trumps issues suddenly wanting a federal case to be made.  That’s the double standard.  

If you google Tara trade allegation, the first several responses are pieces doing a fair job at looking at it but this poster skipped all of them to look for things to support his position.  That’s bias. 

Ok

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

In recent weeks, Reade told the AP and other news organizations that Biden sexually assaulted her, pushing her against a wall in the basement of a Capitol Hill office building in 1993, groping her and penetrating her with his fingers. She says she was fired from Biden’s office after filing a complaint with the Senate alleging harassment.

Sounds like something worthy of going to the cops then.

Gov. Cuomo is the backup plan.

"So true!": Trump claims he "has done more for Blacks than all the other Presidents combined"

Trump apparently thinks he’s done more than end slavery per his appeal to black voters

https://www.salon.com/2020/05/02/so-true-trump-claims-he-has-done-more-for-blacks-than-all-the-other-presidents-combined_partner/

A good example of how you absolutely have to treat things a bit differently right now.  and not be one of those people that shrugged off 20+ allegations against trump and things it’s the end of the world with one hollow allegation against Biden. 

This is a response to a “new” allegation that was posted and apparently everyone is deleting it. But I’m sure someone here will cling to it.  

And the worst thing is, it sets back the me too movement and legitimate harassment and assault.  It’s really despicable on all fronts.  

it’s also why the Dems shouldn’t have nominated a dude with any issues at all if such a person exists.  But here we are. 

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A good example of how you absolutely have to treat things a bit differently right now.  and not be one of those people that shrugged off 20+ allegations against trump and things it’s the end of the world with one hollow allegation against Biden. 

This is a response to a “new” allegation that was posted and apparently everyone is deleting it. But I’m sure someone here will cling to it.  

And the worst thing is, it sets back the me too movement and legitimate harassment and assault.  It’s really despicable on all fronts.  

it’s also why the Dems shouldn’t have nominated a dude with any issues at all if such a person exists.  But here we are. 

If you think this will placate those who are unwilling to address their rigid ideation, you are wrong.

Trump Says 80-90,000 Americans Will Die, Calls That a ‘Success’

President Trump on Sunday radically revised upwards his estimation of how many Americans would die of the coronavirus, saying that anywhere between 80,000 to 90,000 people could die after he cited a death toll of 50,000 to 60,000 roughly two weeks ago. “That’s one of the reasons we’re successful, if you call losing 80 or 90 thousand people successful,” Trump said in a Fox News town hall at the Lincoln Memorial.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-says-80-90000-americans-will-die-calls-that-a-success?ref=home

18 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Oh I know. But I’m more posting for the 98% here who get it. ;)  Because it’s probably the tip of the iceberg of what trumps people will try to do.   

More for the 98% to consider and the 2% to dismiss with whataboutisms.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/29/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation-tara-reade-column/3046962001/

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Washing post had a good one too. I was going to detail all the reasons to be skeptics but it’s too obvious and too well know.  That’s why I thought it was so transparent when someone googled it and skipped all the rational stories to search for things to support their confirmation bias. 

Plus this is right up their alley.  And people have to be wise to these things.  That’s why I’m more angry about how it sets back the issue of harassment and assault.   Ofcourse in this case the accuser is a devout Bernie supporter and has a weird fetish for Putin.  Two red flags. 

On Friday, while Rick Bright was in the process of filing what promises to be a damning whistleblower complaint to the Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services, President Donald Trump announced that he was firing the inspector general, Christi Grimm, and nominating a handpicked replacement.

https://theintercept.com/2020/05/04/rick-bright-hhs-whistleblower-coronavirus/

The signs show Trump is growing increasingly disconnected from reality

Almost three and a half years into Trump’s presidency, it has become almost blasé to talk about his ubiquitous lies. According to the fact-checkers at the Washington Post, as of April 3rd, he has told 18,000 in 1,170 days, for an average of more than 15 per day. What is even more disturbing: He’s getting worse.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/the-signs-show-trump-is-growing-increasingly-disconnected-from-reality/