US Politics

Rich

This thread has been derailed and any further responses ought to be in US politics. Having said that, Ms.Reade's allegations ought to be taken seriously as upwards of 80% of reported sexual assaults by women are very credible. However, one of the online news websites (I think it was Huffpost) I checked when this first arose appears to have done a credible job of following this up to see if it was credible. The two alleged witnesses and Ms.Reade all refused to speak to the reporter. This doesn't mean it wasn't true, but allegations of this sort need to be supported by evidence. 

Yeah.  People have to remember, Biden is one of the most vetted people in American politics as a former VP.  There are too many people who said there was anything to this.  i believe it was her own brother who changed his story from "shoulder rubs" to "assault".  She filed a police report without naming him (possibly because lying in a sworn statement is illegal).  Apparently she's a fan of Putin (though...I dont know the veracity).  

Everyone knows Biden is touchy and he's addressed that.  Apparently her complaint started out as a "he made me uncomfortable", like so many others said and then when he became the nominee, its suddenly a full scale assault.  And yes, it can happen.  But this is like Al Franken where the Dems are expected to slit the throat of any male accused but the GOP shrug off allegations and say so what.

If any GOP'ers want the Dems to take this seriously, they can start by taking Trumps 20+ credible allegations seriously.

TRUMP SETTING THE STAGE TO PARDON MICHAEL FLYNN:

Lawyers for former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn claim they have found a smoking gun to clear their client but the newly disclosed documents they’re pointing to amount to nothing more than a stage prop. 

So why the outcry from Flynn’s supporters? Because the documents may provide the dummy rounds Donald Trump needs to fire to justify a pardon of his friend and former national security adviser.  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/no-the-fbi-didnt-frame-michael-flynn-thats-just-trumps-excuse-for-a-prospective-pardon?ref=home

Edited by Tracker

1 minute ago, Tracker said:
TRUMP SETTING THE STAGE TO PARDON MICHAEL FLYNN:

Lawyers for former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn claim they have found a smoking gun to clear their client but the newly disclosed documents they’re pointing to amount to nothing more than a stage prop. 

So why the outcry from Flynn’s supporters? Because the documents may provide the dummy rounds Donald Trump needs to fire to justify a pardon of his friend and former national security adviser.  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/no-the-fbi-didnt-frame-michael-flynn-thats-just-trumps-excuse-for-a-prospective-pardon?ref=home

They could hold up a blank sheet of paper and proclaim it evidence.  The guy was crooked and lied about it.  Plead guilty as well.  Their smoking gun is nothing of the sort.  It amounts to Trump's excuse for not being questioned "they will catch me in a lie."  Well...dont lie.

It's worse than even I thought,

Also released was a page of handwritten FBI notes in which an official asks “what’s our goal? Truth/admission or to get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired?”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/allies-of-trump-national-security-adviser-michael-flynn-claim-fbi-notes-point-to-entrapment-2020-04-30

That's entrapment right there, get him to lie so we can prosecute him or get him fired

bolded for emphasis. 

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/allies-of-trump-national-security-adviser-michael-flynn-claim-fbi-notes-point-to-entrapment-2020-04-30

That's entrapment right there, get him to lie so we can prosecute him or get him fired

bolded for emphasis. 

You don’t know what the legal definition of entrapment is, do you?

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

You don’t know what the legal definition of entrapment is, do you?

Entrapment is a practice whereby a law enforcement agent or agent of the state induces a person to commit a "crime" that the person would have otherwise been unlikely or unwilling to commit. It "is the conception and planning of an offense by an officer or agent, and the procurement of its commission by one who would not have perpetrated it except for the trickery, persuasion or fraud of the officer or state agent. 

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

bolded for emphasis. 

You're clueless on this.  Catching crooks in lies is interrogation 101.  There is nothing to see here at all.  Its a note discussing different interrogation techniques.  Getting someone to lie and then building upon that is police work 101.  Take off your Trump blinders.   Ridiculous already.

Oh no, they MADE me lie.  They asked me a question for which I didnt want to tell the truth and they knew it.  Oh no, how dare they.  Im the victim.  I should be able to lie if I want to.  Give me a break.   Oh they found out that the FBI knows what they're doing...wow.  Smoking gun.  He plead guilty.  He is guilty.  Shared values on display here.   Good lord.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Louisiana Lawmakers Vote by Mail to Roll Back Access to Voting by Mail

Not without some irony, Republican lawmakers voted by mail on Thursday to roll back a plan that expanded the access to mail-in ballots in Louisiana. Lawmakers asserted that mail-in votes carry a higher risk of voter fraud, a claim frequently used by Trump that election officials have said is extremely rare, The Advocate reports. The altered plan, introduced by Republican Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin, who called it a “pragmatic and temporary response,” was approved by the Louisiana House on a 62-39 vote and the Senate by a 31-8 vote and only applies to elections in July and August. The revisions allow access to mail-in ballots for individuals who are 60 years or older, those at high risk of serious complications, as well as people who are under a “medically necessary quarantine or isolation order” or caring for someone in self-isolation. Some Republican lawmakers were reportedly not satisfied with the revisions, arguing that the plan should cut mail-in voting even more. 
Edited by Tracker

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Louisiana Lawmakers Vote by Mail to Roll Back Access to Voting by Mail

Not without some irony, Republican lawmakers voted by mail on Thursday to roll back a plan that expanded the access to mail-in ballots in Louisiana. Lawmakers asserted that mail-in votes carry a higher risk of voter fraud, a claim frequently used by Trump that election officials have said is extremely rare, The Advocate reports. The altered plan, introduced by Republican Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin, who called it a “pragmatic and temporary response,” was approved by the Louisiana House on a 62-39 vote and the Senate by a 31-8 vote and only applies to elections in July and August. The revisions allow access to mail-in ballots for individuals who are 60 years or older, those at high risk of serious complications, as well as people who are under a “medically necessary quarantine or isolation order” or caring for someone in self-isolation. Some Republican lawmakers were reportedly not satisfied with the revisions, arguing that the plan should cut mail-in voting even more. 

And so it begins.  Whats next, certain ethnicity cant vote either.  Absurd.

‘America in the age of Trump’: Armed gunmen enter Michigan Capitol demanding end to lockdown

The right-wing movement against public health measures designed to stave off the coronavirus pandemic escalated on Thursday as armed gunmen were among those who stormed the Michigan state house and tried to enter the legislative chamber.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/04/america-in-the-age-of-trump-armed-gunmen-enter-michigan-capitol-demanding-end-to-lockdown/

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

‘America in the age of Trump’: Armed gunmen enter Michigan Capitol demanding end to lockdown

The right-wing movement against public health measures designed to stave off the coronavirus pandemic escalated on Thursday as armed gunmen were among those who stormed the Michigan state house and tried to enter the legislative chamber.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/04/america-in-the-age-of-trump-armed-gunmen-enter-michigan-capitol-demanding-end-to-lockdown/

We are close to another Waco.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Biden also got grilled on morning show about this.  Interesting how Dems treat this vs Republicans.   

This appears to be the most credible description. It does not excuse Biden's lack of common sense but not a indictable offence by any means, and probably not even civilly culpable. Nothing will stop the GOP from trying to blow it up into a war crime, though.