US Politics

Rich

On 2020-03-18 at 1:38 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Post secondary school shouldn't be free as then it would have no value. But it shouldn't cost $25-100,000 a year either. In 2012, when my son was playing qb at a Junior College in Northern California, he got a letter from the University Of Oregon inviting him to try out as a walk on at qb. The letter was from then HC Chip Kelly saying my son was one of a hundred players recognized across the US as candidates to play at OSU & how some of them ended up with full time scholarships. After a few minutes & the excitement wore off in our family, I needed to come up with $30,000 US to pay his first year tuition. As a Canadian, my son didn't qualify for any scholarships from Alberta or from Oregon. He was SOL. I didn't have that kind of money, unfortunately. Ended up going to SFU. where he got his degree. 

I think free post secondary would only apply to community colleges and trade schools.

7 minutes ago, do or die said:

According to Trump

Such insight. Such a stable genius....

He's like a child. No capacity to understand anything but what is right in front of him. No understanding that people around him (well not around him per se) are experts in their field and not only understand this stuff but have dedicated their lives to this. 

He acts like when he learns something new that everyone else just learned it too. 

He is, at best, an idiot. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

The racist President called on this "reporter" today, then ranted about the media. 

I clicked on the twitter thread. I’m not sure what the most startling thing about this is. That she has actual press credentials, that someone didn’t punch her when she asked that question, the answer Trump gave, or that the comments section on Twitter is so full of people who think she is a hero for outing the corrupt media. I am continually surprised at how many Americans side with Trump and buy what he says without question when all it takes to show he is incompetent is to run his own words against him a few weeks later. Either Americans have really been brainwashed by the propaganda machine operating down there, or America is still 100 times more sexist, racist, science doubting, women’s rights hating than one could imagine for a country in the 21st century. Either option does not bode well for November. 

On a more positive note:

After weeks of criticism, the Trump administration has reversed course on its request to cut funds for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) in its 2021 budget.

"This FY 2021 Budget amendment increases funding for CDC to ensure that the Agency has the resources beginning October 1, 2020, to continue its critical public health mission," White House Budget Chief Russ Vought wrote to Congress in a letter dated Tuesday.

Just last week, Vought doubled down on the administration's request to cut health funds in the 2021 budget, telling a House Appropriations subcommittee that "no, I’m not sending up a budget amendment.”

The administration had proposed cutting $1.2 billion from the CDC and $451 million from NIAID as compared to current funding.

"Chinese virus" not accidental racism- clearly there on purpose and mostly likely to be used to deflect blame and create a paper tiger for trump to assail and look like the war time president he wishes he was... **** him, **** him right in the ear and that whole administration of ******* racist pieces of **** flesh bags.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

4 hours ago, JCon said:

He's like a child. No capacity to understand anything but what is right in front of him. No understanding that people around him (well not around him per se) are experts in their field and not only understand this stuff but have dedicated their lives to this. 

He acts like when he learns something new that everyone else just learned it too. 

He is, at best, an idiot. 

he is the guy who said that when he looks at himself in the first grade and now there's no difference. by his own admission trump is a 6 year old. 

4 hours ago, do or die said:

According to Trump

Such insight. Such a stable genius....

Unfortunately, Trump did not actually make that quote. I wish he had, though.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/19/facebook-posts/no-trump-didnt-say-people-are-dying-who-have-never/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-quote-never-died-before/

2 hours ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

Thanks for clearing that up.

Tucker Carlson calls on Burr to resign amid reports of stock selloff
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/488576-tucker-carlson-calls-on-burr-to-resign-amid-reports-of-stock-selloff-due-to

Burr, the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, reportedly offloaded between $582,029 and $1.56 million of stock on Feb. 13 in almost 30 different transactions days after lawmakers on the intelligence committee were briefed on the virus. 

What is with Tucker Carlson? 
For over a decade, churning out bigoted, malicious and non-factual junk - now the guy follows a couple of sensible pieces about the virus, and the need to take positive actions....with this above stuff.
Did he make a secret visit to Damascus?
With the backtracking from some of the other usual propaganda suspects, this week -  is Fox turning a pivot, here?  Fascinating.

7 hours ago, do or die said:

Stories coming out about Sen. Ron Johnson, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, and one of my favs, Sen. Jim Inhofe....doing much the same thing.  Stay tuned .

btw, as far as the other two......In 2012, Burr was one of only three senators to oppose legislation prohibiting insider trading by members of Congress.  Loeffler was appointed, not elected.  Her husband is Chairman of the NYSE

The Trump administration has instructed state labor officials to not release unemployment numbers, in a clear effort to minimize the severity of the impact the coronavirus pandemic is having on the markets.

The New York Times reports the U.S. Dept. of Labor “instructed state officials to only ‘provide information using generalities to describe claims levels (very high, large increase)’ until the department releases the total number of national claims next Thursday.”

Gay Gilbert, the administrator of the department’s Office of Employment Insurance in an email instructed: “States should not provide numeric values to the public,” The Times notes.

The U.S. Secretary of Labor is headed by Eugene Scalia (photo), who happens to be the son of the late Supreme Court Justice, Antonin Scalia.

20 hours ago, bustamente said:

Of course Trump ends his pc with a reporter from OANN who praises him and throws out accusations about other media members.

That was sickening. But purely intentional and hardly surprising seeing how this administration works. Shameful, disgusting behaviour - especially at a time like this.

And then there's this shocking development: https://www.cnet.com/features/inside-a-pro-trump-youtube-disinformation-network-that-spans-vietnam-to-bosnia/