US Politics

Rich

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its more making fun of an idiot who claims everything is fine because the stock market rose after dropping drastically and then dropped again.  All he cares about is money.  And part of the panic is directly on him.  

I know that’s why i said it wrong for him to claim positive gains but also wrong to put negative gain on him during this period. And I would say all leaders ha e officials that are causing panic, but nobody is doing more damage then social media and media itself 

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Kudlow said buy the dip, another idiot giving bad advice

As someone who studies finance and investments, that’s not necessarily bad advice. Not saying it’s good advice either but the market is in uncertainty. The trouble is determining how long this bear market will continue to go. There is potential for short positions with short term profits in mind but long term view would not be terrible to buy at undervalued large cap stocks 

2 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

I know that’s why i said it wrong for him to claim positive gains but also wrong to put negative gain on him during this period. And I would say all leaders ha e officials that are causing panic, but nobody is doing more damage then social media and media itself 

No, his inability to handle this situation has caused investors to lose confidence. The fact that he went out of his way to sign the Friday bump makes it clear that he has zero sense of what's going on. Investors know this and so do most functioning adults. When the largest economy in the world is led by an idiot, you can expect everything to fall apart. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

No, his inability to handle this situation has caused investors to lose confidence. The fact that he went out of his way to sign the Friday bump makes it clear that he has zero sense of what's going on. Investors know this and so do most functioning adults. When the largest economy in the world is led by an idiot, you can expect everything to fall apart. 

Ok

As someone who studies finance and investments, that’s not necessarily bad advice. Not saying it’s good advice either but the market is in uncertainty. The trouble is determining how long this bear market will continue to go. There is potential for short positions with short term profits in mind but long term view would not be terrible to buy at undervalued large cap stocks 

No, it was terrible advice when he knew that the gov't was not taking the threat seriously. He went on national TV and said everything was calming down and to buy the dip, knowing full well that the gov't had zero response and that things were clearly going to get worse. Kudlow is just a snake oil salesman like his boss. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

No, it was terrible advice when he knew that the gov't was not taking the threat seriously. He went on national TV and said everything was calming down and to buy the dip, knowing full well that the gov't had zero response and that things were clearly going to get worse. Kudlow is just a snake oil salesman like his boss. 

So what’s the right advice? To sell everything right now? If you look at my post you’ll see I mention a short term view and long term. If you believe that stocks will never rise back up and cross these lows then idk what to say.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Kudlow like many others in the Trump administration should not be i the positions they are in, they are there to appease and back slap Trump, once they are of no use they are gone.

Just now, Tiny759 said:

So what’s the right advice? To sell everything right now? If you look at my post you’ll see I mention a short term view and long term. If you believe that stocks will never rise back up and cross these lows then idk what to say.

Hold onto your stock and not lock in the losses? Buying more, as things continue to spiral, seems like a bad idea. 

11 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

This is false.  What damage is the media doing in reporting facts?  The idiot in chief does damage by lying to people, preventing testing, telling people to go to work, saying everything is fine when it isnt, blaming governors etc etc.  

The buck stops with him or it doesnt.

Just now, JCon said:

Hold onto your stock and not lock in the losses? Buying more, as things continue to spiral, seems like a bad idea. 

Right so why not buy Indices at discount or stocks at discount and have a long term view for them while taking small short or long positions for short term gain? 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Also to add how long will this spiral? How do we determine? And you only lock in losses if you sell. Which I never said to do on you long term investments 

6 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Just now, Tiny759 said:

Also to add how long will this spiral? How do we determine? And you only lock in losses if you sell. Which I never said to do on you long term investments 

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This is false.  What damage is the media doing in reporting facts?  The idiot in chief does damage by lying to people, preventing testing, telling people to go to work, saying everything is fine when it isnt, blaming governors etc etc.  

The buck stops with him or it doesnt.

Ok you do have a point there. So maybe it’s more to blame on social media? With people panic buying, cities on lockdown it can cause panic

3 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Right so why not buy Indices at discount or stocks at discount and have a long term view for them while taking small short or long positions for short term gain? 

Buy whatever you want. If you think it's good policy for a government official to tell everyone to buy stock when he knows things are only going to get worse over the next while, then I don't know what to say. 

Just now, Tiny759 said:

Yes I was asking a question. 

And, I answered it if you could be bothered to read. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

6 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Ok you do have a point there. So maybe it’s more to blame on social media? With people panic buying, cities on lockdown it can cause panic

Well, the facts are real.  Social Media to me has been good in relaying information.  What I see on social media is making fun of the idiots hording.  Plus, if media was spreading panic people wouldnt be ignoring health experts' advice, which a lot are.

A little testy are we? If you bothered to read you would see I said buy indices or stocks at discount for a long term view. 

Or, if you waited until after March 6th, when Kudlow was gas lighting investors, you could have bought at an even cheaper rate. I mean, if you're locking in long term, why would you buy at the start of the crisis? The only people saying that things were going to get better were the President and his Cabinet. Everyone else, including investors, knew that things were going to get a whole lot worse. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Or, if you waited until after March 6th, when Kudlow was gas lighting investors, you could have bought at an even cheaper rate. I mean, if you're locking in long term, why would you buy at the start of the crisis? The only people saying that things were going to get better were the President and his Cabinet. Everyone else, including investors, knew that things were going to get a whole lot worse. 

So you can buy more than once at different points, and if you are buying right now it’s obviously not for a quick turn around. Hence why in my original post I said it’s not bad advice but not great advice. And well you should take out a short position. 

Edited by Tiny759