US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Nobody's that stupid. 

See below.

23 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Business wise? the guy revolutionized radio industry. Made political talk radio a force when just about everybody else played it safe down the middle.

Made himself a ton of money. An "achiever".

His greatest contribution Called out and confronted liberal media bias BS when most everybody else just complained and did nothing for fear of employment jeopardy in media industry.

Covered for neo cons and too cozywith GOP swampers for my liking but it seems he was seeing the light towards the end. Could have easily rode out rest career with NeverTrumpers and establishment "conservatives" and still kept his status but didnt.

All in all the positives far outweigh the negatives.

You've officially gone off the deep end.

50 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

And yet he has a loyal following, good revenue from his hate and a Medal of Freedom to top it all off...

There are many that stupid. 

*JUst to be clear, I am not saying you and @Zontar are supporters of rush.

Just to be clear, zontar and I are trolling, you do realize that don't you?

35 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Business wise? the guy revolutionized radio industry. Made political talk radio a force when just about everybody else played it safe down the middle.

His greatest contribution Called out and confronted liberal media bias BS when most everybody else just complained and did nothing for fear of employment jeopardy in media industry.

Covered for neo cons and too cozywith GOP swampers for my liking but it seems he was seeing the light towards the end. Could have easily rode out rest career with NeverTrumpers and establishment "conservatives" and still kept his status but didnt.

Oh, no doubt, a smart business man who's flavor wasn't for everyone, Howard Stern, etc. there were many of the 'shock jock' era. I think most are too young to remember this stuff though. 

2 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Oh, no doubt, a smart business man who's flavor wasn't for everyone, Howard Stern, etc. there were many of the 'shock jock' era. I think most are too young to remember this stuff though. 

Travelled in the States for work. Pre dated satellite radio so one was stuck with the usual music radio drek. Stern in the morning Rush in the afternoon. Stopped listening to Rush about 2003 after I left that job.  Tired of Stern about 2016

44 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Like when Bill Maher defended 911 attackers as "brave". Media types like him and Rush that walk the tight rope between political and social commentary and entertainment say astonishing things .

So you can not tell the difference between someone's opinion and an outright lie.  Maher's commentary was an opinion.  Rush's lesbian farmer conspiracy was a lie.

7 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

So you can not tell the difference between someone's opinion and an outright lie.  Maher's commentary was an opinion.  Rush's lesbian farmer conspiracy was a lie.

So you want me to list the lies liberals tell ? Would that make it better ?

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

Bernie Madoff, Jeff Epstein and Peter Nygaard also made tons of money - "achievers" in your mind, I guess.  As long as you're an achiever, it's all good!

What you call his greatest contribution is actually the beginning of a fact-free/post-truth world where the right-wing base has given up any effort to critically think in favour of owning the libs to their own detriment.  Rush , Hannity, Carlson are all modern-day snake-oil salesmen who still haven't realized they could make all their money tax-free if they just started their own churches.  The same ignorant, slobbering , bible-thumping hicks would still tune in and as a bonus - send them a portion of their opiod-addiction settlement.

If you find ignorance, lies, racism, misogyny, intolerance and anger as positive, I guess Rush really is your kind of guy.

3 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Bernie Madoff, Jeff Epstein and Peter Nygaard also made tons of money - "achievers" in your mind, I guess.  As long as you're an achiever, it's all good!

"False equivalency" alert. Not a drill, repeat, not a drill.

Edited by Zontar

Being an cynical sort, I used to derive some entertainment from watching fundamentalists ripping off the faithful, via their TV shows.  Like Oral Roberts proclaiming if he didn't get 6 Million dollars, that God would "call him home".

One could call him an achiever,  I suppose...

Edited by do or die

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Being an cynical sort, I used to derive some entertainment from watching fundamentalists ripping off the faithful, via their TV shows.  Like Oral Roberts proclaiming if he didn't get 6 Million dollars, that God would "call him home".

Swaggert caught with hooker. Twice.

5 minutes ago, do or die said:

One could call him an achiever,  I suppose...

I felt the same, but the people who sent in money were being taken advantage of and I didn't like that.  And then I realized that these are the exact same kind of people who vote for Trump so I'm back where I began.

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

I account for two. Voted twice in North Dakota and drove 3 people voting Republican to the wrong polling station. By the time they figured it out, it was too late! 

Took me a while to find my Mexican disguise, but once I did, I voted in every state!

told you all this guy was a fan of Limbaugh.

I do like the way that he frames it though so he won’t get his racist ass kicked off of here. Pretty cagey that way.

would like to see his posts at Breitbart. Ok not really.

Edited by Mark F