US Politics

Rich

33 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Never heard of the guy to be honest. Just thought it was interesting

So no checking the credibility? Just regurgitate anything that agrees with your world view? Regressive problems in a nutshell. Anti intellectualism.

So tell me, what stopped them from having Bolton as a witness at any point? Or any other witness.  Please enlighten us as to the current regressive argument of the day....

Here I will save you time, the only thing stopping witnesses were republicans putting party over country. There is no reason to block witnesses whatsoever unless you know the guy is guilty as sin and want to acquit anyway.

It will be interesting to see how the Republicans senators will spin this, at least the ones who are up for re election, and saying they knew Trump was guilty but was not going to get removed so we didn't need witnesses or more documents doesn't make it right. Not having witnesses and documents was done for one reason alone, so many of them are implicated and enabled to what Trump has done, is doing, and will do in the future, can't let that get out to the American public.

27 minutes ago, bustamente said:

It will be interesting to see how the Republicans senators will spin this, at least the ones who are up for re election, and saying they knew Trump was guilty but was not going to get removed so we didn't need witnesses or more documents doesn't make it right. Not having witnesses and documents was done for one reason alone, so many of them are implicated and enabled to what Trump has done, is doing, and will do in the future, can't let that get out to the American public.

Oh that's easy. Lies and changing positions. The people who vote republican have already shown that facts and logic mean nothing. So just feed em whatever bullshit you need and keep up the gerrymandering and voter suppression tactics to avoid Democratic voters having a chance to change things.

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Oh that's easy. Lies and changing positions. The people who vote republican have already shown that facts and logic mean nothing. So just feed em whatever bullshit you need and keep up the gerrymandering and voter suppression tactics to avoid Democratic voters having a chance to change things.

And this is why i think i am going to check out of US politics for awhile... nothing means anything anymore - it's insane.

I understand that they were not going to remove him, but not to allow witnesses... or  new evidence... 51 us senators participating in the cover up... it is soooo corrupt. I totally underestimated the amount of cowardice and corruption from the GOO... it's astounding.

The USA is ******. Just totally and absolutely ******.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

26 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

So no checking the credibility? Just regurgitate anything that agrees with your world view? Regressive problems in a nutshell. Anti intellectualism.

This from the guy who says yesterday "effectively turned the the US into a dictatorship".

Pump. The .Breaks.

7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

And this is why i think i am going to check out of US politics for awhile... nothing means anything anymore - it's insane.

I understand that they were not going to remove him, but not to allow witnesses... or  new evidence... 51 us senators participating in the cover up... it is soooo corrupt. I totally underestimated the amount of cowardice and corruption from the GOO... it's astounding.

The USA is ******. Just totally and absolutely ******.

So you were equally outraged at Democrats blocking any testimony or scrutiny of the "whistleblower", the essential heart of the case, or nah ?

42 minutes ago, Zontar said:

This from the guy who says yesterday "effectively turned the the US into a dictatorship".

Pump. The .Breaks.

Well if the senate refuses to even hold a trial on a corrupt president then what else is it? The senate just said "it's ok you are above reproach mr. President." 

If there are no checks and balances you got a dictatorship. Seriously it's the exact plot from the star wars prequels! It's the same **** that happened in Rome, except Cesar was actually a smart dude. 

And seriously the whistleblower isn't the heart of the issue. All the whistleblower did is trigger people to look into things, and guess what, they found **** and republicans only wanted to slander the whistleblower and not hear a thing from anyone actually involved.

Congress happily signed off on new defense budget and free trade deal all while impeachment process was going on.

To try and say with a straight face and moral certainty that the US government is being held hostage by Trump or GOP and powerless is absolute lunacy.

Edited by Zontar

Eventually there will be a Dem president and it’s going to be so hilarious to see the GOP go nuts when that person exercises the new power of the presidency the senate has given the position.    

executive order banning guns?  Sure.  Executive order on health care?  Sure.  Executive order on climate change? Why not.  

45 minutes ago, Zontar said:

And your moral outrage shouldn't be so selective.

I suppose selective morale outrage is better than no morale outrage and unbridled support for a criminal, serial sexual abuser.  right?  Lol 

but you’d only think people are selective because you equate differences in policy with all the horrible things trump has done. You’re an apologist for a criminal.  

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I suppose selective morale outrage is better than no morale outrage and unbridled support for a criminal, serial sexual abuser.  right?  Lol 

but you’d only think people are selective because you equate differences in policy with all the horrible things trump has done. You’re an apologist for a criminal.  

Not true. I get a morally outraged all the time. Seriously what's the deal with people turning left on a yellow in an intersection knowing it'll turn red halfway thru. I mean c'mon, people.

4 hours ago, Zontar said:

And your moral outrage shouldn't be so selective.

If the democrats were acting like this everyone would be outraged. 

Hell a lot of people didn't vote for hillary on principle because of their displeasure with her. 

That is where progressives and regressives differ. Progressives have principles, regressives only guiding principle is "**** the other side no matter what"

The best analogy ever. Republican supports are happy to let trump **** in their mouths as long as a liberal has to smell it.