US Politics

Rich

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

The one fact Josh fails to mention in the article - that is a very important difference- is that trump used tax payer money that was approved by congress to leverage political gain- that needs to be addressed. 

For all the 99% of the other stuff he's done the call shouldn't be an impeachable offense. The Obstruction though... that article is 100% impeachable for the sheer complete stonewalling of all evidence- he should be removed from office for that alone... "Absolute Immuntiy"... GTFO.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

This is why the old guard Democrats, Pelosi, Biden, Hillary, need to be dumped. They are definitely standing in the way of real progress.

The democrats are a centre - right party. What the good old usa needs is an NDP equivalent. Then you get some real choice and you don't  have an extreme right party pulling everyone to the right as opposed to a pull towards centre.

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

And the Democrats refusal to attempt  to pass universal health care, when they had President, senate, house, was a craven failure. If they had done that, the Republicans would have been gone for a good long while. They had every excuse in the book, for why they couldn't do it. They still say they "can't".

This is why the old guard Democrats, Pelosi, Biden, Hillary, need to be dumped. They are definitely standing in the way of real progress.

Not just for the USA, but for the entire planet.

They've got their stack, everyone else can **** right off.

You're right, the Dems could have had universal health care -- except Obama was in his kubaya bipartisan make-nice-with-the-GOP phase, Pelosi wouldn't hear of it, Lieberman was the Dems' 60th vote in the senate and refused to consider it, and Harry Reid loved the filllibuster more than he loved progress.

That old Dem guard really doesn't like the center-left wing of the party.  And yeah, Joe Biden needs to defend his vote for the Iraq War. Clinton lost the Dem primary in 2008 because of her vote for it and I was glad to see that.  Wouldn't mind seeing that dynamic repeat itself.  I hope Bernie and Warren climb up Biden's ass about it.

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The democrats are a centre - right party. What the good old usa needs is an NDP equivalent. Then you get some real choice and you don't  have an extreme right party pulling everyone to the right as opposed to a pull towards centre.

The two-party system is so frustrating, where the Dems have a monopoly on everything left of "kill them all and **** their corpses" it's hard for progressives to get traction.  Lots of people blame the Greens and Ralph Nader for giving the White House to Bush, who was the worst American president in my lifetime, though that is splitting hairs between "let's put the brown kids in cages, suborn the federal government to a weird incestuous kleptocrat family, and give the nuclear football to a senile mean uncle with impulse control problems" and "let's carpet bomb the brown kids from high altitude."  I can see both sides of blaming Nader.

I remember during the Bush reign lots of people were like "worst president ever" and people who remembered Nixon said "no, Nixon was worse."  I kinda feel that way about Bush.

19 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I can see both sides of blaming Nader.

Blame Nader, blame Bernie, blame ___________ (insert scapegoat here) ......Part of their tool kit.

pick a person who wants to accomplish real change, and blame them, when you do sweet F all, then lose. to an idiot like Trump.

Democrats are only timid when it comes to sticking up for the people that vote for them.

Edited by Mark F

This President thinks traumatic brain injuries are fine, apparently.  What a POS.   I know a US service person and she told me by and large, they have zero respect for him.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics/34-injuries-iran-missile-strike/index.html

Washington (CNN)Thirty-four US service members have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries following the Iranian missile attack on US forces in Iraq earlier this month, Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said Friday.

17 hours ago, Mark F said:

Blame Nader, blame Bernie, blame TRUDEAU! (insert scapegoat here) ......Part of their tool kit.

pick a person who wants to accomplish real change, and blame them, when you do sweet F all, then lose. to an idiot like Trump.

Democrats are only timid when it comes to sticking up for the people that vote for them.

Dat was easy.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

This makes sense. Star Trek was set in the future. Perhaps it's more documentary than science fiction? 

Progressives: " Yes, The Borg devasted entire systems,  killed untold millions,  but they are misunderstood , and for the Space Force to keep harping on it is ,frankly, racist "

11 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Progressives: " Yes, The Borg devasted entire systems,  killed untold millions,  but they are misunderstood , and for the Space Force to keep harping on it is ,frankly, racist "

Funny when I think of the Borg I think more of regressive like yourself. No autonomy, complete group think, destroy everything in their wake. Resistance is futile.

7 hours ago, Zontar said:

Flipside being the Democrats who entered it saying they already have an iron clad, irrefutable case yet they need more witnesses because they don't have enough evidence?

If it's as much of a nothing burger as you think why are Republicans fighting tooth and nail to hide any evidence?

I mean christ hillary clinton sat in front of way more bullshit hearings and they found nothing. Trump can't even keep from getting in trouble on his own. 

It's just so strange that trump is the one who gets defended. It would be easy for regressive to throw him under the bus and get someone less obvious in their crime in his place. Or is he popular because he is normalizing the abhorrent behaviour that they had to keep a secret before? 

Regressives only hope at this point is to continue to rig the system cause trump is turning off normal people and pushing people left.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

nothing burger

Basic laws of politics say you dont give your opponents the megaphone anymore than absolutely necessary.  Republicans are "blocking" because more " witnesses" means more drama and more prolonging the charade for Democrats to generate more drama for their media allies to amplifiy it even further.... not revealing any new "evidence".  

Theres nothing to reveal. Democrats arent even pretending there was a crime committed and cant even prove "abuse of power" and deliberately broad term which could mean just about anything unilateral a president does. Little wonder they havent convinced anyone from the very start.

A partisan stunt.

2 hours ago, Zontar said:

Basic laws of politics say you dont give your opponents the megaphone anymore than absolutely necessary.  Republicans are "blocking" because more " witnesses" means more drama and more prolonging the charade for Democrats to generate more drama for their media allies to amplifiy it even further.... not revealing any new "evidence".  

Well, I don't see how you can know there is no evidence if it's being blocked and not investigated. Sure you are are right about generating more "drama", but you can't say with any amount of certainty that there is no new evidence. 

Theres nothing to reveal. Democrats arent even pretending there was a crime committed and cant even prove "abuse of power" and deliberately broad term which could mean just about anything unilateral a president does. Little wonder they havent convinced anyone from the very start.

A partisan stunt.

"Obstruction of justice, in United States jurisdictions, is a crime consisting of obstructing prosecutors, investigators, or other government officials. Common law jurisdictions other than the United States tend to use the wider offense of perverting the course of justice.

Obstruction is a broad crime that may include acts such as perjury, making false statements to officials, witness tampering, jury tampering, destruction of evidence, and many others. Obstruction also applies to overt coercion of court or government officials via the means of threats or actual physical harm, and also applying to deliberate sedition against a court official to undermine the appearance of legitimate authority."

And abuse of power may not be technically, a crime , but it sure is an impeachable offence. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Any new "evidence" would have e been leaked to compliant media by now.

A couple of days of BOMBSHELL ,TICK..TICK..TICK.., WALLS ARE CLOSING IN type hysteria would force the Senate's hand.

Hasn't happened yet,  won't happened because, like Mueller, there's nothing. So Democrats can only repeat the same discredited stuff over and over again.